What would YOU find dissapointing in GT5?

• Thread starter Devedander
  • 1,011 comments
The terrible card board cut outs for the spectators or tifosi in the grandstands. I want all of them rendered individually on the level of Heavy Rain with randomly generated clothing - no two spectators wearing the same clothes. C'mon this is the Playstation 3 we are talking about.

This is very important when I'm enjoying my fans cheering for me racing to the finish line at 170 MPH so I can gladly sign all their autographs.

Where is your god now.

The terrible card board cut outs for the spectators or tifosi in the grandstands. I want all of them rendered individually on the level of Heavy Rain with randomly generated clothing - no two spectators wearing the same clothes. C'mon this is the Playstation 3 we are talking about.

This is very important when I'm enjoying my fans cheering for me racing to the finish line at 170 MPH so I can gladly sign all their autographs.

Where is your god now.

I concure.... and the same goes for the snow flakes, no two alike

EDIT:
An I'll be disappointed it at some point the Zenvo ST1 doesn't become available to download/drive :)

2009-Zenvo-ST1-Front-And-Side-1280x960.jpg

Last edited:
1. If we yet again see around 10 Skylines with absolutely no difference in spec, eventhough this is bound to happen if GT4s cars are being brought back!
2. If the ratio of Premium cars is more towards Japanese cars.
3. If we have a limit on the amount of tracks we can create in the course maker mode.
4. If we can't mix premium and standard cars in races.
5. If my dad's cars and my car aren't in the game! But I guess on that one I can dream on.
6. If we've seen all the Lamborghinis/Ferraris/Maseratis already.

can we race with the cars we tuned in our gt mode or is it arcade style online racing?
in gt4, when me and my friends have a memory card battle, the cars were crazy spinning the tires and not doing anything except spinning tires.. please help

without the feature of being able to race with GT mode cars is throwing me off a bit.. no online drag races with our tuned cars, no time record of nurburgring with a certain car category (same exact car as a category but different tune ups).. u get me?

I'd be dissapointed if we don't get any Holden or Ford Australian V8 Supercars...
I just love that race series!

#1. COCKPITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My name is Mud, but call me Alowishus DEVADANDER Abercrombie that's long for Mud, so I've been told"- Primus

I don't care about game defaults anymore.
I will be disappointed only if GT5 won't be release between the end of november and mid december.

The joke continues...

#1. COCKPITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My name is Mud, but call me Alowishus DEVADANDER Abercrombie that's long for Mud, so I've been told"- Primus

Of topic: this song is good for testing your (surround) soundsystem for when GT5 arrives. The bass parts in that song are sick:crazy:👍.

what i would find disapointing in gt5 would be... that there wouldn't be a llivery editor cuz you would not be able to see who's you're team mate nor you're rival in online play and just career mode

I'd be very dissapointed if there's no FULL Fanatec wheel support. With a picture of the wheel in the menu too.

It would be nice if they put a few vintage cars like Alfas, Maseratis, Ferraris in; something along the lines of(no pun intended) the 250 series, TdF/SWB et cetera. Be a shame to ignore this important era(1950s) in motorsport. Who wouldn't want to run in the Targa Florio or the Mille Miglia. (just the cars for now - tracks maybe in GT6?)
I would be a bit gutted if all we get are Ferrari P3 / Ford GT and later(Mid-1960s cars).

1. No Porsche. 5 installments later and Porsche still seems light years away.
2. No cock-pit views for 1,000 cars. Ridiculous. The damage is obviously in its early stages and probably won't be perfected until GT6, but the cock-pit views should be in all 1,000 cars.
3. 20 tracks? I hope this is a bad translation. But 20 tracks would be beyond laughable.
4. Weather patterns and more night races. To be a realistic driving simulator, the environment must be simulated as well. Driving is highly dependent on what is around you, and not just what you are driving. What's more important than realistic trees are realistic rain clouds over the horizon.
5. The progression of customization. We've seen the ability to change rims and spoilers, so it's only natural for GT5 to mature and progress in this aspect. As much as Gran Turismo is a driving simulator, there is a lot of room for Gran Turismo to grow, expanding people's passion for the cars. This is achievable through customization, and people enjoy strengthening their bonds with their cars through artistic qualities. The cars are the canvas.

Other than these things, I am beyond excited for Gran Turismo 5 to arrive.

Super well said... I must agree with 100%

Of topic: this song is good for testing your (surround) soundsystem for when GT5 arrives. The bass parts in that song are sick:crazy:👍.

absolutely man. I love primus. PRIMUS SUCKS!!!! ( not literally, that's what fans chant at shows )

It falls a bit out of category I know, but none the less

But I will be disappointed if my GF is gonna be home for the first 2-3 days after release :-D (she does not share my passion for GT)

I'd be very disappointed when we see articles like this again after the release:

"GT5 Prologue not true 1080p - upscaled
GT5 Prologue works in 1280x1080 and uses a PS3 upscaling trick - by repeating some pixels in anamorphic picture to 1920x1080. So 50% upscale.(It's actually less than GT HD's 1440x1080)
The showroom and the pit/garage are full 1920x1080 no AA"

I just came across this article and now I know why GTP had huge jaggies all over the place.
To me that ruins everything because I wouldnt know where to look to find a good looking piece of the screen to focus on then.

Another disappointment would be if the sound isnt 7.1 true HD.

And I dont care if kazunori tamagotchi likes his trees to look as if a baby has made them and the cars sounding al thesame because I, among others, paid for the high deff stuff so Sony should keep their promis.

edit: I came across this site where u can see the shocking low number of true full hd games on the ps3 and thought someone might be happy with it because its such a pain to figure all this stuff out http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

Last edited:
I'd be very disappointed when we see articles like this again after the release:

"GT5 Prologue not true 1080p - upscaled
GT5 Prologue works in 1280x1080 and uses a PS3 upscaling trick - by repeating some pixels in anamorphic picture to 1920x1080. So 50% upscale.(It's actually less than GT HD's 1440x1080)
The showroom and the pit/garage are full 1920x1080 no AA"

I just came across this article and now I know why GTP had huge jaggies all over the place.
To me that ruins everything because I wouldnt know where to look to find a good looking piece of the screen to focus on then.

Another disappointment would be if the sound isnt 7.1 true HD.

And I dont care if kazunori tamagotchi likes his trees to look as if a baby has made them and the cars sounding al thesame because I, among others, paid for the high deff stuff so Sony should keep their promis.

edit: I came across this site where u can see the shocking low number of true full hd games on the ps3 and thought someone might be happy with it because its such a pain to figure all this stuff out http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

actually the trees look like crap. They always do

Back