• pre 80's

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • upto 2000

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • above 2000

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
I'd like to see pre 2000 cars, whats your choice of years
Even IRL, at a push I'd go 2003-4 but everything after that has been backwards, 80s and 90s were the golden age. Newest car I've owned was a 2007 Hyundai Coupe/Tiburon and even then the only reason I bought it was because it was a manual V6 🤣 cars are garbage now

Something about that apostrophe in the title causes mild annoyance in me.

I mean, as long as it's pre 2000s, I am okay with it. Things like the Toyota Starlet from the 80s or 90s, Lotus Elan or the Yugo 45!

Even IRL, at a push I'd go 2003-4 but everything after that has been backwards, 80s and 90s were the golden age. Newest car I've owned was a 2007 Hyundai Coupe/Tiburon and even then the only reason I bought it was because it was a manual V6 🤣 cars are garbage now
Get your point, but some very good high performance cars released in recent years. Assume you're coming from more electrical reliance, more assists, slightly smaller displacements compared to era you prefer.

Last edited:
B80
Get your point, but some very good high performance cars released in recent years. Assume you're coming from more electrical reliance, more assists, slightly smaller displacements compared to era you prefer.
All of that plus:
-very limited manual transmission availability.
-reliance on screens/lack of controls with tactile feedback in interiors.
-rubberband-thin tires / giant(heavy) wheels.
-horrible, horrible exterior designs (though this is a personal opinion).

All of that plus:
-very limited manual transmission availability.
-reliance on screens/lack of controls with tactile feedback in interiors.
-rubberband-thin tires / giant(heavy) wheels.
-horrible, horrible exterior designs (though this is a personal opinion).

I was same in regards to manual, as a result was tempted by ctr fk8 (1 of only a few modern performancecars still fully manual), but ended up with m3 f80 dual clutch/paddles. Ctr looks too much for my tastes in all honesty... too 'fast and furious'. Great cars though.

Doubt I'd ever go back to manual now, still engaging/great experience without manual gear stick - which I imagine actually hindersdriving high performance cars in some ways.

Last edited:
B80
Yeah, I'd agree with that. But mainly because back then cars were built with some degree of passion. Most now are just cheap guff with very deliberate design flaws (plastic gear selectors? Come on) they just feel like soulless, cheap cash grabs now unlike say, the 300 SEL which was a monster even just for a road car, strongly built and made to last, now it's the opposite

Everything from 1886 to ~1999 I happily take :D
I would like a live horse to be added, until then we can't really see the advancements in transport since the motor car was invented, GT Auto would need to be updated since you can't should not put oil into a horse but otherwise it would fit into low PP lobbies alongside the Benz Patent-Motorwagen and the 911 GTE with PD's Gr3 BOP.

Not sure if either are available in '7, but these would be nice to have:
LeCar_from_Hell.PNG

Merc_Mosnter.PNG

Last edited:
I personally am not impressed by modern supercars in real life. They're basically just toys for rich people. There are much cooler road and race cars from throughout the 1980s and 1990s that were made in limited numbers, perhaps homologation specials, and are exceedingly rare. A few of them have been posted here already. The glory days of series like DTM and BTCC. PD got one piece of the puzzle with the Alfa 155...but where is the rest of the field? And there aren't any of the great BTCC cars present at all. The Mondeo, Laguna, 406, Accord, Primera, S40, the legendary AWD A4...the entire 1997 BTCC field should be added in a new category, and I'd gladly pay $10 for the DLC. The potential number of race cars that could fit into a "Touring Car" category is massive and includes at least two decades of cars throughout the 1980s and 1990s. Call the categories TC1, TC2, etc.

Being able to modify cars is fun and all but having a proper BoP field of race cars is what really makes online racing fun to me.

Last edited:
I know I am being greedy, but there is just one honest answer: all of them.
Pre-1980: in fairness, I think we have already been generously served in this area. Still I want moar:
  • pre-war sports cars: Bugattis, Alfas, Bentleys, Mercedes etc. Esp the wonderful late 30's streamline cars
  • 1950s sports cars and racers
  • 1960s ditto
  • 1970s prototypes
Pre 2000:
  • group C cars
  • 1990s prototypes and GT1
  • group B rally cars
  • regular 1990s cars
  • Japanese 1990s sports cars
Recent:
  • LMP1
  • LMP2
  • recent GT3
  • recent super and sports cars
  • recent cars in general

And of course the Porsche 986 Boxster. Make that all generation Boxsters and Cayman :)

Last edited:
YOU might want to check the UCD ;)
That is awesome to hear!

It's fun taking cars that just ooooooze nostalgia out for a blast around the 'Ring. Gas prices being what they are, going for a drive in GTS (haven't graduated to '7 yet) is WAY more fiscally responsible. I also don't live in Germany, so there's that...😁

Back