What's next now that the dust has settled on 1.08 and Senna?

GT Academy is almost over for 99.9% of us.

GT5 is dead.

Only confirmed upcoming content is the VW VGT.

Kaz has kept me interested by dangling a carrot in front of me. I need a new carrot.
You'll get a longer, bigger, tastier carrot.

A little bit, yeah. 6 months and still none of the major promised features released. I dont like paying for things that I was promised, then being left in the dark as to why they have not arrived yet. Fair enough I say.:rolleyes:
Umm.... Senna was pretty major by my book and along with other's. However, as big/small you may think it is, Senna content is here, so they have delivered something promised.

A little bit, yeah. 6 months and still none of the major promised features released. I dont like paying for things that I was promised, then being left in the dark as to why they have not arrived yet. Fair enough I say.:rolleyes:

We've got half a dozen or so cars, time trials and drift trials online, timed races online, data logger, GPS dealie, Senna content (including two tracks), Red Bull challenges, seasonals.......

We haven't received are the community features, track creator, smartphone app, Zahara, and monthly DLC.

Granted, the things we don't have are the things that most of us want. But by my count they've given us at least half of the things they promised.

Umm.... Senna was pretty major by my book and along with other's. However, as big/small you may think it is, Senna content is here, so they have delivered something promised.
True, and I am glad that they did, and I am glad that there are alot of people getting enjoyment out of it, becasue I hate seeing GT copping so much flak. I grew up with this series, it was the sole reason for a PS1, PS2, and PS3 purchase for me (hopefully a PS4 purchase too:cheers:.

I realise that it is impossible for PD to cater to EVERYONE, I just wish the course maker would hurry up, or at least some news about the course maker.

We've got half a dozen or so cars, time trials and drift trials online, timed races online, data logger, GPS dealie, Senna content (including two tracks), Red Bull challenges, seasonals.......

We haven't received are the community features, track creator, smartphone app, Zahara, and monthly DLC.

Granted, the things we don't have are the things that most of us want. But by my count they've given us at least half of the things they promised.
True. I guess I will just jump in my FT86 and make use of the GPS tracker on Tsukuba or Suzuka :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
True, and I am glad that they did, and I am glad that there are alot of people getting enjoyment out of it, becasue I hate seeing GT copping so much flak. I grew up with this series, it was the sole reason for a PS1, PS2, and PS3 purchase for me (hopefully a PS4 purchase too:cheers:.

I realise that it is impossible for PD to cater to EVERYONE, I just wish the course maker would hurry up, or at least some news about the course maker.
I wish a lot of things would hurry up.

I (along with others I assume) also wish you would kindly stop double posting. There is an edit button where you can copy and paste from the text box into the edited first post.

New? You need something new? Am I the only one who can't get online. "The network is offline" is all I get, two days now. Is it just me or did I miss something? Let's keep the network online so I can rack up some cash. Anybody got the info I need?

@BrandonW77 Leaving out the Senna content, I bet most people would trade this entire list:

...for just one of their favourites from this list:
The former are mostly content, used and done with fairly quickly for the most part. The latter are game changers that really enhance the gaming experience or in the case of monthly DLC, and endless flow of new and exciting tracks.

@BrandonW77 Leaving out the Senna content, I bet most people would trade this entire list:

The former are mostly content, used and done with fairly quickly for the most part. The latter are game changers that really enhance the gaming experience or in the case of monthly DLC, and endless flow of new and exciting tracks.

Yup or a major change to things like: AI, sound, Arcade Mode. I really didn't need more content.

It's like adding more water to the meatless soup, it's like like adding fisherman's to the fish-less river, it's like adding a wing to a Fiat 126, it's like creating 64GBs RAM motherboard for a Pentium 2.

Got the messaggio Kaz ?

;)

With the online services to GT5 stopped for good, i am hoping that the seasonal events come every week now instead of how it coming every 2 weeks.
And I really hope they start giving us races instead of just time trials. It's getting old.

Really looking forward to the course maker too. Does anyone think there's any possible chance that we'll be able to import our course maker tracks from GT5? Even with it's limitations I managed to make some tracks that I really liked.

Like I said, the stuff we don't have is the stuff we want. But saying we haven't got any of the promised features is a bit dramatic.

You mean shuffle racing? Because its the only online feature GT5 has that GT6 hasn't.

I mean all the things we could do in GT5, sharing cars and such.
But yeah, shuffle too.
And maybe some real 24-hour races? COME ON PD FFS! Just let's be able to pause them when we pit and continue later, just like in GT5

I mean all the things we could do in GT5, sharing cars and such.
But yeah, shuffle too.
And maybe some real 24-hour races? COME ON PD FFS! Just let's be able to pause them when we pit and continue later, just like in GT5
Sharing cars? What an useless feature if you ask me.

Releasing bits and bobs is just not worth it.
We're all waiting for any little morsel Kaz chucks our way that when we get it it is played to death as soon as it's finished installing.

2 or 3 days later it's boring again.

The game should have been the finished product at release, not this bit here, bit there over months/years.

I know some people won't like this but i think they should just forget about GT6 now, put in the rest of the vision cars and any patches/fixes as and when but just stop any development now.

This time could be better spent getting GT back to where it should be as the undisputed king of console sims with the amount of content and level of quality and polish we used to have in the PS1 & 2 days.

It makes no sense to carry on, any future sales of GT6 are negligible even if they put in a course creator.
It doesn't matter what they add now, it's not gonna change how many of us feel about GT6, it will always be "that half finished mess"

GT7 on PS4 would sell like hot cakes and any content ie course creator would be of a far higher quality.

Carry on with PS3 development and it's just gonna be another half assed jumble of part done ideas.

It's time to get with the future and stop dwelling on the past.

5 missing features will be there when they are ready.

Today, I thoroughly enjoyed Senna content and organize several races with my friends.

This game is really excellent, my play time will be probably higher than GT5.

Enjoy ! :)

I miss how we could drag race for pink slips in GT5 with that "car sharing" feature :D
It's close to like it is in real life sometimes.

Yup or a major change to things like: AI, sound, Arcade Mode. I really didn't need more content.

It's like adding more water to the meatless soup, it's like like adding fisherman's to the fish-less river, it's like adding a wing to a Fiat 126, it's like creating 64GBs RAM motherboard for a Pentium 2.

Got the messaggio Kaz ?

;)

Adding a wing to a 126 is useful adds coolness and downforce lol

http://www.google.com/search?q=fiat...h&sa=X&ei=z8qNU8GLOojIOaCVgAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

GT7 on PS4 would sell like hot cakes and any content ie course creator would be of a far higher quality

Only if you are stupid enough to believe that GT7 rushed out the door less than a year after GT6 would be in any better shape than GT6 after three years of development. Not to mention the fact that Sony/PD are probably under legal obligation to provide the content they advertised to sell the game. Yes, we bought it knowing that the content would come later, but we bought it knowing just that...it was going to added in the future. To abandon it completely at this point would probably open them up to law suits. Also, trust seems to be at an all time low between consumer and PD at the moment, what do you think would happen if they abandon GT6 half done? I know they would never see another dime from me and I am sure I am not the only one.

Back