What's next now that the dust has settled on 1.08 and Senna?

The thing that is so perplexing is why there isn't, at the very least, just a straight port of the GT5 Endurance events (with or without B Spec) and Arcade mode (tire wear and fuel consumption). This would give a fair percentage of the fanbase the pacifier they need until the "real" stuff comes.

It is as if they made a decision to force Online Play to be the majority of the gameplay experience
within GT6. And that is unsatisfying for many, if not most, of the fanbase.

But as it is, the most avid Gran Turismo enthusiasts are at 100% Completion and have been for a long while now. We actually do enjoy the game and series. So much, in fact, we are pissed we cannot enjoy it more.

My fear is that the reason behind the emasculation of offline is lack of processing space for ai. I hope I am wrong.

My fear is that the reason behind the emasculation of offline is lack of processing space for ai. I hope I am wrong.
I did some Nürburg 24' races today (as always). Where PD leftt the pitcrew activities out of the game after the update, now you can't even see the cars of your competitors no more. There were (the arrows on track) 6 cars behind me and I could not see any of them in the mirrors...
So PD is trying to obtain some more processing space ?

I did some Nürburg 24' races today (as always). Where PD leftt the pitcrew activities out of the game after the update, now you can't even see the cars of your competitors no more. There were (the arrows on track) 6 cars behind me and I could not see any of them in the mirrors...
So PD is trying to obtain some more processing space ?

It might be a choice on PD's part to dumb ai down, but the problem is not just rubber-banding - ai is definitely simpler and more predictable than previous. I think what may have happened was that after deciding to make the game more 'accessible' ai just wasn't a priority, so PD focused on graphics and physics (which have been both improved). Then they may have gone back to tweak ai right at the end and realised that they couldn't squeeze a complex ai out of the system given the demands of new physics / graphics.

I really hope this isn't the case because without vaguely competitive ai endurance isn't going to work. Rubber banding would obviously have to go, but even if ai is losing 10+ seconds a lap on the ring 24 hrs Nurburgring would be a total joke.

The rest of the VGT cars of course!

Mercedes-Benz released their AMG VGT in two versions, normal and racing.
BMW released theirs
And Mitsubishi released theirs recently.

And we have also seen the newer VW VGT already on display in a motor show.

I only care about B-spec because it would probably have to involve endurance racing offline - which I love
Ah, but of course! B-Spec! Use GT5's B-Spec as a reference!

This way, I can just do something else while I watch the race... I remember in GT4 I had to study for a test while putting an endurance race to B-Spec mode back in my senior high school year!

What little excitement there was in open lobbies for the Senna content seems to be dying fairly quickly. I went looking for rooms last night and found 3 or 4. I think people found the cars relatively easy to drive offline, then went online and are finding that "easy to drive offline" doesn't translate to "now I'm fast online".:lol:

The PP Difference bonus would just frustrate me more. I'd rather have legit, fair races which are difficult to win.

The "challenge" of starting last and having to navigate through landmines can only go on so long. They can have a place in some Expert Seasonal Events where the idea is to truly push the player to perform perfectly for 5 laps or something, timing each overtake with precision in order to get to the leader by the last turn of the last lap. But most of the Seasonals in GT5 weren't that. The ones that were difficult were met with hostility, so 95% of the Seasonal Races were just lame rabbit chases.

If they do choose to add Seasonal Races, should the game continue to display its inept execution of fair races with the flawed AI? No thanks.
having a repeatable career mode would help to & i mean in a way when you start the second time races are longer but harder you have more limitation on your cars but with bigger payouts & then the third time forth time & so on , that might help the offline boredom

It would be good to add in some new offline races and cars now that the Le mans 2014 is coming up. For the races, I would love some kind of endurance race like a 6 hours of Le mans or even 24 hours. For the cars, the Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro and Toyota TS040 Hybrid would be nice to see. For seasonal events, the 1 lap of Nurburgring Nordschleife from GT5 was really fun to race and had a really nice amount of credits as reward.

Back