What's next now that the dust has settled on 1.08 and Senna?

You mean the Apex app thingy?

If so, yeah me too.

Yeah the Apex II book, which is meant to be apart of the app
I am fortunate enough to have the physical copy :D (as I purchased the Asia Exclusive 15th Anniversary Edition and wrote a thread on it 6 months back):

The final piece is the Apex II book. I haven't had the time to read it, but many of its contents are similar to that of the Original Apex book:
N.B. Again, for some reason the photos were rotated 270 degrees when I uploaded them. I don't know how to fix this.

image-jpg.88155

image-jpg.88156

Now come to think of it, I may consider uploading some of the pages if anyone is interested

Only if you are stupid enough to believe that GT7 rushed out the door less than a year after GT6 would be in any better shape than GT6 after three years of development. Not to mention the fact that Sony/PD are probably under legal obligation to provide the content they advertised to sell the game. Yes, we bought it knowing that the content would come later, but we bought it knowing just that...it was going to added in the future. To abandon it completely at this point would probably open them up to law suits. Also, trust seems to be at an all time low between consumer and PD at the moment, what do you think would happen if they abandon GT6 half done? I know they would never see another dime from me and I am sure I am not the only one.

I wonder how many people at PD wish they had a time machine to go back and undo this pickle they've got themselves in :lol:

Last edited:
Now we wait for Kaz to answer @Jordan 's questions. To give us some sort of vision on what to expect from future GT games.
Yep, yet another waiting game. I will be suprised if he answers any in the month of June. Even then, I think the answers will be: "maybe sometime in the future", "its definetly (spelling) possible *laughs*".

I hope that I am wrong though.

Well, we're two weeks in and not a green flag in sight. Someone might need to explain a feedback forum is used to engage an audience, in dialogue, not a once a month download.
Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi will be reviewing questions posted in this forum and answering a selection of the most popular (as determined by votes/"Likes") over the next few weeks
When the next FEW weeks are gone and you have no answers you can start complaining then. At this point you are weeks early.

When the next FEW weeks are gone and you have no answers you can start complaining then. At this point you are weeks early.
Given the state of the game and the current mindset of the fanbase, you would think that Kaz would be trying to set the record straight and eliminate at least some of the anger and bitterness towards his game A.S.A.P

If I were in his shoes, I would have at least provded answers to the most popular questions within 1 week.

Given the state of the game and the current mindset of the fanbase, you would think that Kaz would be trying to set the record straight and eliminate at least some of the anger and bitterness towards his game A.S.A.P

If I were in his shoes, I would have at least provded answers to the most popular questions within 1 week.
Problem is, the only answers that will makes fans happy are, "Yes it's coming and it'll be here by [any date less than 90 days] guaranteed or your money refunded" Anything short of that and there will be some epic rage among most fans that feel they've waiting long enough.

My guess though is that Kaz agreed to this "Ask Kaz" promotion because he has some answers and he's just waiting until the dust settles on the Senna content before he drops in to announce Spec 2. I don't expect him here before July 1 at the earliest.

Problem is, the only answers that will makes fans happy are, "Yes it's coming and it'll be here by [any date less than 90 days] guaranteed or your money refunded" Anything short of that and there will be some epic rage among most fans that feel they've waiting long enough.
Yeah, it is a problem. But it is a problem that, IMO Kaz has created himself. He makes all these statements, fails to deliver, then either goes off the radar or becomes very vague about them.

I think the loyal GT fans deserve much better. After all, it was us that put him on the radar in the first place.

I dont mean to rant, I am just sick of his moronic decisions that he makes in regards to this series. He has pretty much thrown it in the dunny, all he needs to do now is flush it.

Yeah, it is a problem. But it is a problem that, IMO Kaz has created himself. He makes all these statements, fails to deliver, then either goes off the radar or becomes very vague about them.

I think the loyal GT fans deserve much better. After all, it was us that put him on the radar in the first place.

I dont mean to rant, I am just sick of his moronic decisions that he makes in regards to this series. He has pretty much thrown it in the dunny, all he needs to do now is flush it.
Don't get me wrong either, I agree, in fact that's why it would be suicidal for him to come here too early without a pocketful of "yes" answers. The fanbase is on edge and wants answers, not more wait and see, but I think Kaz is smart enough to know that before he agrees to come and talk to us which is why I think he will have some answers when he does get here.

Don't get me wrong either, I agree, in fact that's why it would be suicidal for him to come here too early without a pocketful of "yes" answers. The fanbase is on edge and wants answers, not more wait and see, but I think Kaz is smart enough to know that before he agrees to come and talk to us which is why I think he will have some answers when he does get here.
I hope you're right Johnny.

There is only so much crap that the fanbase will take, and I think they/we have put up with an awful lot this generation.

I was just recently reading through all of the old threads that were created before GT6 came out, the expectations of the fans were awesome to read, nothing too over the top. Things like 'all the old tracks from GT4', 'racing mods again', it made me realize just how stripped back this game really is. Yes Kaz has ambitions, but damn, he has not done a good job at fulfilling them.

The thing that is so perplexing is why there isn't, at the very least, just a straight port of the GT5 Endurance events (with or without B Spec) and Arcade mode (tire wear and fuel consumption). This would give a fair percentage of the fanbase the pacifier they need until the "real" stuff comes.

It is as if they made a decision to force Online Play to be the majority of the gameplay experience
within GT6. And that is unsatisfying for many, if not most, of the fanbase.

But as it is, the most avid Gran Turismo enthusiasts are at 100% Completion and have been for a long while now. We actually do enjoy the game and series. So much, in fact, we are pissed we cannot enjoy it more.

Last edited:
You mean shuffle racing? Because its the only online feature GT5 has that GT6 hasn't.
GT5 also allowed you to run with collisions turned off if you wanted which is not in GT6 [yet] sharing/lending cars was cool as was the ability to gift cars.

Early on when my friends and I were playing GT5 the ability to loan a car to a friend helped a lot especially those required cars that were hard to get like the truck and the FGT.

Early on in GT6 I was hoping for B-Spec as well but now that I have lots of cars and over 15 million credits on hand B-Spec is not very important to me. Would have been nice to have had it early on though. I would have had Bob running the 24 minute Nurburgring race quite a few times while I watched TV or whatever.

Of course right now the track creator and GPS generator are the big things that pretty much everyone is looking for.

The thing that is so perplexing is a straight up port of the GT5 Endurance events (with or without B Spec) and Arcade tire wear and fuel consuption would give a fair percentage of the fanbase the pacifier they need until the "real" stuff comes. But as it is, many, if not most, of us are at 100% Completion and have been for a long while now. And we actually do enjoy the game so much we are pissed that there's just nothing else to do.
Yep, the list of 'simple' things that they could add to imrove this game tenfold is crazy. I mean, surely it cant take too much effort to programme in some more races. Hell, even put races in the seasonals, like GT5.

People can only hotlap for so long.

GT5 also allowed you to run with collisions turned off if you wanted which is not in GT6 [yet] sharing/lending cars was cool as was the ability to gift cars.

Early on when my friends and I were playing GT5 the ability to loan a car to a friend helped a lot especially those required cars that were hard to get like the truck and the FGT.

I don't think we'll see the that in GT6 at all...fingers crossed a marketplace/trading of some kind gets into GT7.

I think trading/lending was taken out by design.

1. It prevents the sharing of hybrids. People trading hacked cars is why there was so many of them in GT5.

2. It adds "false replay" value. By forcing people to grind credits in order to buy every vehicle you need/want as opposed to getting them for free from a friend (or by duping them, another aspect of GT5 I'm sure PD disliked), it takes longer to accomplish things in the game.

3. Because of #2, micro transactions are all that more tempting.

Edit:
To add to the conspiracy :lol:, I could see micro transactions as a reason for removing B-Spec from the game. So easy to make Cr with the online B-Spec. You could leave the game untouched for a week, and come back to thousands, if not millions of Cr.

For all those asking about seasonal races above, I have a question about that in the Kaz Q&A. Can't guarantee it'll get answered obviously but like it if you think it is of enough importance and it might get high enough on the list.

On topic. Well I am guessing we will get vision cars approx every 2 weeks now and there's still lots of them left to get.

All guesses following in terms of when and what order but over the next 6 months I'm expecting the new Zahara track and then a few months later the track creator. In between the two I think endurance races will appear and b spec. In December when the game is a year old I think we get might a new track or something (maybe interlagos - people seem to forget it takes them 1-2 years to scan and do tracks, if they started mid to end of last year it's probably some way off yet). Maybe also a "Spec 2" update with a sound update in December. I Remember spec 2 had the standard cockpits added in gt5 (I think).

But none of this is coming overnight... What would be sensible would be to let us know what's next when Kaz does the Q&A I think.

(Sorry for long post)

All this game needs is a race editor so we will have unlimited combinations of cars and some sort of AI strength adjustment in small increments, to get a good close race offline in single player.
A good offline game should be the main aim for these sims.

GTR2, GT Legends and Rfactor for the PC are still the best racing sims and that's because they have these options along with multiplied tyre wear and fuel usage. Online is good also.

PCars for the PS4 will provide all these options but I like the car models of GT6 and wish PD would open their eyes and realise it's not just kids who are following GT6. The last thing I would want would be a new driving suit or helmet.

Also I think we've all waited long enough for the track creator. Do PD only have 3 people working on GT6 or something?

On the positive side. The Senna car is nice and so is 80's Monza:-)

Hopefully up next will be Kaz answers to some of our questions. My fear is where all
expecting black and white answers, but will get cryptic answers that will create more
threads speculating for months on what he meant. At this point just like to know where
the promised content stands, will it be in before the end of the year.

some A-Spec seasonal events is badly needed & the pp difference bonus for career mode
The PP Difference bonus would just frustrate me more. I'd rather have legit, fair races which are difficult to win.

The "challenge" of starting last and having to navigate through landmines can only go on so long. They can have a place in some Expert Seasonal Events where the idea is to truly push the player to perform perfectly for 5 laps or something, timing each overtake with precision in order to get to the leader by the last turn of the last lap. But most of the Seasonals in GT5 weren't that. The ones that were difficult were met with hostility, so 95% of the Seasonal Races were just lame rabbit chases.

If they do choose to add Seasonal Races, should the game continue to display its inept execution of fair races with the flawed AI? No thanks.

I dont care about B-spec that much either..however i am hoping that introduction of B-spec gets us some proper endurance events in the game..
This times 1000! I am tired of offline getting shafted in GT6. PD still hasn't gotten it to the level it was in GT5. That is pathetic, and truly a shame.

Back