What's the best car for Like the Wind?

• Thread starter RIPCDE
  • 290 comments
I still like my Skyline R34 for this race. I was playing with it today again and got it to cruse at 270mph with no nos and I hit 303 nos on in a draft on the down hill. After you grind it to death it wont cost you half you money to rebuild it either.

The RX7 is another cheap solution for RouteX. The base RX Spirit R is 40k so my total investment was about 250k for the mods and car. I was winning the race by 9sec without NOS maintaining 263 on the back straight. Don't bother with aero parts, suspension, or breaks you won't need them. Two runs at 140k and the car is more than paid for.

Last edited:
Tuned ZZII walked through that series with barely a challenge. Those cars didn't know what to do as I flew by at 355MPH on SSRX. Transmission tuned as per Priano's guide, no aero, with NOS and drafting. It would have won easily anyway, but ain't nobody got time for that.

The 355 is what my "top speed" is indicated as in my profile, clearly showing the car I used for this race, and nothing else.

The easiest win on all of " Like The Wind" races is with the RedBull junior.

It only puts RedBull juniors against you. You can lengthen the gears to about 210 mph and it's an easy win.

Not fun but if you just want a win it's a free one except RH tyres.

I tried the Red Bull Jr. a while ago for the "Like the Wind" race at Indy and won walking away with the stock gearing. It seems like the AI is just really bad at driving the Red Bull Jr. compared to most other cars, so any race you use it in becomes an easy win by default. I detuned it to 95% power to make PP for some other race series (I forget which one) and it was the same thing.

I just tried the Red Bull Jr at Indy and mine was the "only" Red Bull Jr in the race. Finished 4th. Couldn't catch the Sauber and R8.

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo MR
Above is my go to car hits 460kph on its own and demolishes the competition.
Probably the cheapest car.

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale, goes 512kph (318mph) on the bottle, 475kph (295mph) without it. Stock transmission. Goes around the X-route in 4 minutes flat.

-Sonny

For SSR7 and SSRX races, I would go for a 1000hp Viper GTS '02 or an 1200hp SRT Viper '13. For Indy Speedway race, any LMP car will do.

Mercedes Sauber C9 (stock) for first and second races! The Stage Route X I use a several cars, like, Pagani Huayra AE edition, Pagani Huayra 2013, Ferrari FXX, MacLaren F1, Aston Martin One-77. All cars totally stock, oil change included and Sport Soft tires.

Sounds like the AI cars in GT6's Like the Wind has gone back to a mix n' match of road and race cars like way back in GT3, looking forward to this event once I finally get there.

I used redbull junior for the first two races, then a hyuara 2013 fully upgraded reaches 308 mph iirc. for the last race.

I beat them with my free Mercedez-Benz AMG VGT but for farming it's kind of close if I get 1st or 2nd on the first course. I'm usually only winning by less than a second with my current car and have about 2.4mil. I'd like a good car that will be useful for Super as well as farming this. Any help appreciated I'm not sure I think I used a Zonda for it in GT5 but there's so many cars to pick from.

I've spent more time on Route X than any other track now. The TZ3 I've completed the lap in under 54 seconds. I haven't done that in any other car yet.

Can anyone come up with a car that laps Route X faster? Consistently?

I've come in 1st place with the Rocket, and about any other car with 900 hp or more when fully tuned.

Tuned ZZII walked through that series with barely a challenge. Those cars didn't know what to do as I flew by at 355MPH on SSRX. Transmission tuned as per Priano's guide, no aero, with NOS and drafting. It would have won easily anyway, but ain't nobody got time for that.

The 355 is what my "top speed" is indicated as in my profile, clearly showing the car I used for this race, and nothing else.

I can't find this tune. Can you post a link or the setup please?
Thanks

I maxed tuned my 15th Anniversary Huayra and set its transmission to 420km/h. Reached first end turn in 1st place. No Nitrous needed! I get about $140k per win (about 4 minute race). Same way for Reventon.

SpecialStageRouteX_8_zps29402cd1.jpg

Then again on an off-topic, for farming credits it might be advisable to either play through a Championship event with a reliable car within PP limit that should net over $990k (all first place with bonus) but roughly it'll take an hour to finish all races. Endurance (S License) Races offer more dough but at the cost of somewhat more racing time and realistic conditions (tyre wear/strategy and fuel usage).

However yet upon comparison it's better to ear dough fast through them. 24 minutes of Le Mans is about $550k for 1st place. Win the race twice and you get about 1 million which is about under 50 minutes.

CircuitdelaSarthe2013_18_zps366fd588.jpg

Note: figures are based on 200% login bonus

Then again on an off-topic, for farming credits it might be advisable to either play through a Championship event with a reliable car within PP limit that should net over $990k (all first place with bonus) but roughly it'll take an hour to finish all races. Endurance (S License) Races offer more dough but at the cost of somewhat more racing time and realistic conditions (tyre wear/strategy and fuel usage).

However yet upon comparison it's better to ear dough fast through them. 24 minutes of Le Mans is about $550k for 1st place. Win the race twice and you get about 1 million which is about under 50 minutes.

Note: figures are based on 200% login bonus

What championship you'r talking about?
We all know you can get 4 mil per hour with the standard RB championship...

G'day all first post here, avid gt fan and f1 codies fan, what car do you guys recommend that will ensure victory? I've been using an r35 gtr touring car, gets me in the top3 but that's it, I have hardly no cash so what is the best option?

Thanks for that, but it didnt really answer my question, I don't have the merc as iam not online, so what now? Stupid me sold my black edition while struggling for cash.

Some use Tommy Kaira ZZII I think its just 90,000? I have a Deltawing that has max 360kph (?) without drafting but still won because of strategy (drafting) meaning if you have a car that goes to 400kph above it will surely win. In short choose a car that's cheap and can go 400kph. Sorry I don't know much about cars that can go 400kph. maybe these can answer your question.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-road-car-in-gt6-so-far.291783/page-4#post-9302320
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/300-mph-club.294757/

Back