What's the best Midnight Club Game?

• Thread starter DonkeyFuzz
  • 42 comments
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire, UK
Red-Bantha-95
What's the best Midnight Club game in your opinion and why? Just asking out of interest as my favourite one is definately Midnight Club 2, don't know why just is.:)

1. Midnight Club 2
2. Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition
3. Midnight Club LA

Didn't play the first one. :D

They were all awesome arcade racing games, way better than NFS at this time. I hope that Rockstar games will realise that killing the series was a very bad move.

I own 3: Dub and LA and I think I might have rented either 1 or 2, once. If I did I don't remember which one it was and what it was like.

I think out of the two I own, I like LA the most overall but here‘s how I score certain aspects:

Graphics: I will leave out because they were on different platforms and that’s unfair to compare a PS2 game to a PS3 game.
Online: I cant really say either because we never had the PS2 hooked up but ill give it to LA because I think Rate My Ride is an awesome community feature and Social Club Driving Test is a fun challenge.
Physics: I have to give to LA also because I think while both are not simulations Dub was too arcade. The cars slipped around too much, I mean LA exaggerates a lot its a least bearable.
Environment: I have to give to DUB because you got three cities to room instead of just one.

Vehicle Selection: I have to give Dub Because there was more selection in each category and there was Trucks/SUVS and Choppers. Now you could argue that with the DLC you get a little more variety in the different categories and you finally get the 2 Range Rovers for your truck needs. I don’t buy DLC because I think its the worst thing that’s happened to gaming. Its a cash grab, take a little longer develop the game and give me the full game. I spend $60 on a game and you decide later on that you want to put extra stuff out for it and you expect to pay for it. I’m sorry abut the rant but I had to get that off my chest.

Customization: This on is tough for me because I like that they added interiors in LA but they took a lot of stuff that was in DUB out too which I wish was still in. But some of the stuff was pointless like nitrous flame and HUD colour and the badges. I think DUB was better.

Another point in DUB’s favour is how cool it was that you could pull up next to the sidewalk and the pedestrians would stop and look point at your car. Then they would sometimes squat down to look at the wheels or if another pedestrian walked buy they would call them over to have a look.

I own all the Midnight Club games: Midnight Club, Midnight Club II, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition (and Remix), and Midnight Club Los Angeles (For X-Box 360) and LA Remix (PSP). I already beat MC3 and LA Remix, about to beat 3 Remix, and never been on Los Angeles in a while.

Last edited:
I own all of them. In my opinion I think 3 was the best one. The cars and the sense of speed was just perfect :D

That is very true, Midnight Club 2 had a terrific soundtrack, i cant help but pop in MC2 just to listen to the music from time to time. I liked MC1 because when it first came out, you could use nitrous and no other game at the time (that i know of) had that feature. MC3 seemed to be the most popular in my area when it came out because of the limitless car customization. Ive yet to play MC Los Angeles, but i'm sure it wont have the impression on me like MC2 did. I guess bottom line for me, Midnight Club 2 is my favorite as well. Cant explain why, but just is

MC3, to me, it was more fun online than MC2 nor MCLA.

Minus the retarded 8 year olds that spammed the text box on the PS2 version.

I think MC3 Dub Edition is the best in the series thanks to it's great car selection, the amount of customization available and the challenging gameplay. I also have MC: LA but I really didn't get into it for some reason. I just didn't feel compelled to play it at all which is a shame.

MC2 baby!! The soundtrack was the best and the online was awesome! I was gutted as MC2 online slowly died :( I remember when there was loads of people then it turned into like 3 people then...no one =(

MC2 is the best for me mainly because of the great soundtrack. MC3 was pretty good and MC:LA was pretty disappointing and took a few steps back from MC2 and 3. Never played MC1 so i can't say anything about it.

MC1 was pretty badass too but not as good as MC2, Lol I used to play the newyork level all the time untill my bro got really ****ed off with me always playing new york, Lol the london level wouldn't load anymore as i played NY so much.

MC3 Remix was easily the best. You get 4 cities, a boatload of cars and a career that's so long I never finished it.
MC:LA for me just felt too stripped back. There weren't enough cars or features, which is a shame because they got so much right.
Either way, I'll really miss this series.

Last edited:
MC3 "real cars" best online drift scene ever i had more fun on MC3 than drifting in GT5
and the physics in MCLA killed it for me

I'm gonna go ahead and say Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix. It was one of the few games on PS2 that I was really addicted to for a long time (almost as much as GT4). First of all, back when I first played it, I loved the customization aspect of the game, and I used a lot of time just customizing cars and making them look cool (well, they were pretty ugly, looking back). The physics were just spot on, in my opinion. The sense of speed and chaos was immense, and the almost insane boost you got when you used nitrous was perfect. Once you got into some of the faster cars, you were almost afraid to use it, as it would usually result in a huuuge race-ending crash if you weren't careful.

Then there were the cities. I loved exploring them, and one thing they did right in MC3, which they failed in MCLA, was having huge, almost cross-city jumps. It was always the highlight of any race which featured them. And adding to that, I also enjoyed whenever there was a scripted truck-crash or similar in the races.

Finally, there was the soundtrack, which, in my opinion, is probably one if the best soundtracks in any game, ever.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix. It was one of the few games on PS2 that I was really addicted to for a long time (almost as much as GT4). First of all, back when I first played it, I loved the customization aspect of the game, and I used a lot of time just customizing cars and making them look cool (well, they were pretty ugly, looking back). The physics were just spot on, in my opinion. The sense of speed and chaos was immense
I'd agree on the fact of the feeling of speed it was the best , i the time i spent drifting in Tokyo was some of the best times ive had online infact i made atleast 20 friends online and im still friends with most of them now on PSN,

Back