What's the hardest event in GT history?

• Thread starter SCER
  • 431 comments

Which is hardest?

• Total voters
Any of GT2/3 S Licenses are way harder then GT5/6 ones, I had both platinum trophies so I can say that between GT5/6 the hardest to get gold was X-Challenge on GT5 (gt6 is a joke), but not even close to, for an example, S-license Toyota GTOne Apricot Hill (GT2) or also S-License GTOne Monaco (GT3).. those are real bad ass challenges to get gold on!

Hmm, nothing has been particularly difficult in GT5/6 other than the Vettel challenges and even those can be beaten by seconds. Lack of difficulty in licenses and the like is probably the worst thing about 5 and 6 for me. Like Amar said right at the start of the thread the "pro " seasonals were great but sadly led to too many complaints. Oh the worst thing about 6 is lack of endurance races actually...

In GT4 I would say Mission 23 and 34. (am pretty certain mission 23 is what stopped me being a lurker here)

In 3... umm can't actually remember anything too tasking there either.

In 2 I recall a Toyota GTone license that was pretty tough, can't remember the track... was a fake eau rouge!

In 1 my favourite event was the Normal Car Championship, you could show up in a Viper or Cerbera and do very well but in a JDM car that championship was always pretty tough.

The hardest events for me were

1: License S-6: Viper Team Orcea at Laguna Seca (GT3)
2: Most (if not all) rally events (GT4)
3: Mission 29: 1-Lap Magic: Corvette C5R (GT4)

IC-3 (NSX at the first sector of Apricot Hill) in GT2, and Mission 34 in GT4 were the two hardest for me.

I don't know if anyone remembers the very last mission on GT4 with the Mercedes McLaren around Nurburgring where you have to pass all the different Mercedes...that was the only thing i was never able to get gold at :(

One event springs to mind. GT4 Tsukaba wet under the rally events. You're up against a Nissan R89c or a Toyota 88C forgive me if I'm wrong but it just seemed that unless you forced him off you had no hope. Also GT6 10 lap Daytona Nascar. Those ******* AI just kept pit maneuvering everywhere and because all cars are equal it meant once you spun or lost the group your done for.

For me some license tests in GT1 and GT2 were really hard to gold. I think especially on some of the A and IC-licenses I had big problems, the short ones with two corners.
GT3 had nothing hard... really nothing. GT4 also has no difficulties.
In GT5 the Vettel Challenges, especially the one in Suzuka, were the ones which left me many days trying to gold them. They were ridiculously hard and barely possible. In the end I finally golded them.
The Lotus TT in GT6... it's by far not as hard as the Vettel challenges. I needed about 30 minutes to gold it... and I wasn't driving well. So... yeah, definitely not the hardest.

1. Vettel X-Challenge Suzuka
2. Some GT1 and GT2 Licenses
3. Lotus TT Brands Hatch

Mission 23, GT4. For those of you who don't know, it was the Skyline race at the Test Course where you had to draft your way to the front. Of course none of you know what I'm talking about, cause chances are if you did attempt this event, you're no longer with us today.

It wasn't that mission 23 was impossible - the Vettel X challenges were much more difficult, as were the S license tests in GT3. It was that it was so deceptive, so evil, it led you to believe you could be successful. With the X trials, you know exactly what you're getting yourself into. You know you likely won't even get bronze, so you temper your expectations. You literally go in expecting nothing.

Not so with mission 23. "It's just the Test Course," you say to yourself. "All I have to do is press X for a couple of laps and leapfrog a couple Skylines, how hard could it be?" Well, assuming your thumb hasn't fallen off halfway through, you might just find yourself in 2nd place with half a lap to go. But, much like an oasis in a desert, victory is an illusion. You'll never catch that Skyline before it crosses the line, but the worst part is you think you can. It's a challenge that lures you in with its simplicity, only to spit you out when you realize there is literally nothing you can do differently to win. At least with other challenges, you can say to yourself "oh, I'll try a different line next time," or "this time I'm braking earlier." But when that task consists of applying ridiculous pressure with your thumb for 6 straight minutes and nothing else, well...good luck.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but does Senna challenges are up everytime like the X2014 challenges or it's like seasonal events? So when i buy back a PS3 in July i can still do them and win the cars? :rolleyes:

After installing the update, they are accessible any time just like the Red Bull events.

I could never get gold on the RedBull time trial at Good Wood in GT6 or in the X Challenge races in GT5. I have never been good at driving untuned RedBulls.

Same. Although I did get a time of approximately 39 secs with the Red Bull round the Top Gear Test Track.

I remember the AMG Mercedes tests on GT5, the last one on full nurburgring under rain is quite hard to gold.

In my honest opinion, the X challenges in GT5 were hard but it wasn't the one that bugged me. Mission 23 and the Skylines was troublesome, again, never really bothered me. The SLR round Nurburgring in GT4 was not nice. I could not get the car to turn in and a long wait time never helped either. GT3 on Complex String was actually quite fun... The first time I did it. In terms of challenges though, A Spec, GT5, Endurance round LMS and Nurburgring were a pain. I got bored before I did a lap of the track, never loan maintaining it for substantial amounts of time. Another one people should remember being a "Favourite" was the National B 1 test in every GT game. 100 metres in a Mazda Demio. Much fun. Did anyone else notice you couldn't get the Demio GL-X in GT1 as a car, nor in GT4 (If I remember rightly.) Another past one that got to me a bit was the Rally license in GT3. I kept failing that miserably because the car slid into a wall and when it didn't I struggled to gold that license. Anyone remember the coffee breaks from GT4? Very coney. Such fun. Wow.

Getting Brands Hatch gold is really easy compared to golding the GT5 Vettel Challenges, especially Suzuka. Suzuka Vettel Challenge in GT5 is the hardest by far, all of the GT6 ones are easy compared to some of the GT5 ones. GT4 ones were difficult but not as difficult as GT5, and before that I can't even remember.

What I do know is that I'm definitely much better now than I was when I GT2 released, 4 days after my 14th birthday.

The Sebastian vettel challenges before controller sensitivity was THE hardest challenge I've done in any Gran Turismo game (On a DS3), it took me 2 and a half months or something nuts to finally gold all 3.... As far as I'm aware I was the only one to do it before that patch as well! (Which I kinda like :D)!

In fact I would put that challenge as one of the hardest I've done in any game!

Bolded for emphasis, being brave and trusting the downforce, especially for the big right handers in the GP section of the course, is key.

I really am trying to believe in the downforce round those bends but still struggling. Will carry on though. Stiff upper lip and all that.

GT4 special license tests were designed only for masochistic maniacs who had gt4 as their only game, 3 ps2s and screens and a driving force gt as their only controller. Impossible to get gold on most of those. Don't even get me started on those ridiculous coffee breaks

The RedBull time trial at Goodwood in GT6. Didn't even try the Vettel challenges more than once in GT5. Too frustrating, although I did eventually gold the Goodwood one. Eventually. DS3, nightmare.

I only silvered the Goodwood Hill Challenge. That tight left after the long straight just killed me.

GT4 special license tests were designed only for masochistic maniacs who had gt4 as their only game, 3 ps2s and screens and a driving force gt as their only controller. Impossible to get gold on most of those. Don't even get me started on those ridiculous coffee breaks

I got gold in everything in GT4, 100% completion. I used a PS2 controller and a 15 inch television from the 1980's that I had as a hand me down from my brother, and had used it since we had our NES. It definitely wasn't impossible!

I got gold in everything in GT4, 100% completion. I used a PS2 controller and a 15 inch television from the 1980's that I had as a hand me down from my brother, and had used it since we had our NES. It definitely wasn't impossible!
Join the 100% club. 👍:lol:
It certainly wasn't impossible, tough as nails and insanely frustrating but not impossible.

• The GT4 Slipstream battle with the R34s
  • The GT5 X Challenges
  • The GT3 Monaco Super License
  • The GT5 Eiger Nordward Time Trial with the Alfa
The Brands Hatch TT and the GT4 Nürburgring License are easy compared to these ones.

GT - all licenses i think... i use android device
GT2 - NSX (Al License) - target 20:000 gold (i got 19:999) uesd PSP
GT3 - Formula Races
GT4 - Opel speedstar one make - GT-R R34 special event - SLR special event
GT5 - Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel challenge
GT6 - Senna last time trial

Last edited:
Me too (except for the hand me down bit). Definitely not impossible. It was the first GT I got 100% with. Good times :).

Back