What's the hardest event in GT history?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by SCER, May 31, 2014.

?

Which is hardest?

1. GT2 Licence IC-3: NSX at Apricot Hill

1.2%
  2. GT3 Licence S-6 : Viper Team Oreca at Laguna Seca

3.0%
  3. GT3 Licence S-8: Toyota GT-One at Monaco

4.4%
  4. GT4 Licence IA-16: Nissan R92CP at Le Mans

0.9%
  5. GT3 Time Attack 10: Ruf RGT at Complex String

2.8%
  6. GT5 Sebastien Vettel X challenge: Suzuka

37.4%
  7. GT4 Mission race 34: SLR at the Nurburgring

21.6%
  8. GT4 Mission race 23: Nissan Skyline at Test Course

3.2%
  9. GT6 GT Academy Final Round: GT3 GT-R at Spa

2.3%
  10. GT6: Licence S-5: Veyron at Ascari

4.9%
  11. GT5 Alfa Romeo 8C at Eiger Nordwand

3.9%
  12. GT4 Opel Speedster Trophy

3.2%
  13. GT4 Peugeot 206 Cup

0.9%
  14. GT4 Formula GT World Championship

3.5%
  15. GT5 B-Spec events at Monaco (lol)

6.7%
  1. Madertus

Madertus

Driving Missions in GT4.

Hey, no laughing. When I still had my PS2 I was completely unable to finish those '1 Lap Magic' events :C I'd probably be able to do them now that I know a bit more how the cars behave though :lol:

Tornado and Spektru like this.
  2. Cb

Cb

Driving the Dodge Viper in GT 3

Spektru likes this.
  3. Ettick

Ettick

Honestly that one license test in GT5 where you have to stop in the rain without ABS was the only event I've done so far that was too hard for me to gold. I even tried ramming the wall at the end to try and slow down faster but I was still stuck at silver.

I'll try my hand at mission 34 in GT4 later and see if that gives me more problems.

Spektru likes this.
  4. GTracer98

GTracer98

It will, I promise! :lol:

Spektru and Ettick like this.
  5. vipersan

vipersan Premium

Oh crap, I remember this one :). It was a real challenge ... but I think it was in GT3, if I'm not mistaken. Those uphill jumps were the problem for me...

As far as I can say, the Vettel races in GT5 are without the doubt the hardest ones. That new - Lotus in Senna Challenge was nowhere nearly that hard for me.

Also I find this funny:

I reply with my short clip (drivin through first corner with no movement of wheel):
    It was a fun car to drive, you just had to manhandle it. I loved it!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    Keef, Cb and Spektru like this.
  6. alonsof1fan91

alonsof1fan91

Anyone remembering the M3 time trial in GT5P?

IIRC it was impossible to gold that event without the amateur physics setting.

Spektru likes this.
  7. VBR

VBR Premium

The most difficult events in GT's history are without a shadow of a doubt the GT Academy time trials. No, it's not that difficult to get gold on them, far from it, but it is almost impossibly difficult to get the number 1 spot in your country (even harder to get P1 in the world). Getting in the top 10 is insanely hard, while even getting in the top 100 is out of reach for most.

Same goes for the time trials in GT5 Prologue, getting on the leader boards was very hard.

Tmortn, 86Debris86 and Spektru like this.
  8. MisterWeary

MisterWeary Staff Emeritus

I got 100% in 3,4 and 6 but couldn't even come close in GT5 thanks to that ridiculous Red bull...thankfully the Red bull challenges in GT6 were doable. Having said that, is there any way to add a poll to this thread...it'd be cool to see what the masses think?

86Debris86 and Spektru like this.
  9. MXH

MXH Premium

I still can't gold it to this day. The only license holding me back from getting the IC prize car.

TexasTyme214 and Spektru like this.
  10. NOSWaster

NOSWaster

Hardest event to gold is license B-1 in GT1! :banghead:

Spektru likes this.
  11. mikeerfol

mikeerfol

Do you guys remember the one you were just making circles around a wall? Was it in GT1 or GT2? Also I remember when I was little I struggled with the ones you were going left and right to avoid the cones or something, I think it was GT2.

Spektru likes this.
  12. NFSCARBON1

NFSCARBON1

Mission 34 was horrible. I struggle on the Nurb at the best of times, but I always came across an AI at the wrong moment. Queue big crash or losing loads of time slamming on the brakes and a 2 minute wait to start again!

I struggled to get Bronze on some of the Vettel challenges in GT5, although I eventually got a gold and two silvers.

One that I really, really struggled with, was the driving mission in GT4 with the Peugeot 206 Rally Car at Opera. It took at least 6 months to do, then a further 2 months after I had to play the game again because my save corrupted!

13. et_

et_ (Banned)

A Poll would be nice!:D
    If you take all the suggestions in this thread, there are'nt more than about 8 different alternatives. Most people seems to agree that its either Mission 34 or Redbull X challenges tho...

MisterWeary and 86Debris86 like this.
  14. nickg07

nickg07

Some of the Goodwood events were annoying. Can't remember which car maybe the Mercedes just missing the first corner over and over.

15. Cb

Cb

There's also one of the Licenses in GT 2 or 3. I remember driving a rear wheel driven sports car with a lot of horsepower on a wet track with my stick, don't remember the exactly event.
    I spend hours and hours every night trying to gold it, but after a while I decided to skip it

16. Samus

Samus

I don't remember this mission 34 at all for some reason. I know it was a catch up style event we've now become accustomed to but why was it so tough? Handling of the car? Understeer physics in general? Just had to be so damn fast?

17. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

Has to be the S. Vettel X events of GT5. Ridiculously fast car and driving it with stock settings was a pain to drive.

18. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

A 2 minute wait at the start, a car that didn't like the tyres it was using and was also fast and slightly heavy.

Add into the mix that this all took place at the Green Hell then you have one very frustrating cocktail of, wait 2 minutes, start, balls up and restart. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    no1pal likes this.
  19. PlayerONE7125

PlayerONE7125

Stock car championship in either gt1 or 2, the one with the nsx type s zero that was driven by that guy from the wraith

20. 86Debris86

86Debris86

I've quoted a couple of very useful posts from there, but the track map hasn't copied so you may want to check this thread out for tips on driving the Lotus :tup:.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/cant-get-silver-on-senna-brands-hatch.310376/

danardif1 and DK like this.
  21. Bo

Bo Premium

Same, maybe we were just born to go off road :lol:

Anyway...
    The Honda Mission Race on GT4. Oh it's annoying.

GTracer98 likes this.
  22. Samus

Samus

The problem with the rally challeges are really the less than realistic physics where unlike reality, you really need to keep sliding to an absolute minimum. That's what I remember anyway.

mikeerfol and hsv like this.
  23. DSUjoeDirte9

DSUjoeDirte9

I never keep my sliding to a minimum while rally racing. I always get better times sliding around. Only place i don't slide around is on a straight, if im turning im probably slidding

24. Samus

Samus

In GT5?

25. DSUjoeDirte9

DSUjoeDirte9

yeah, and 6

26. no1pal

no1pal

As many have mentioned the driving mission 34, is what that stands out for me. Probably because I spent countless of hours on trying to gold it. Never did :nervous: A 1,5 second behind was the closest.

I don't remember so much from GT1 - GT3, but was missig gold on two lisences from GT3. Don't remember which ones.

In GT5 I didn't do any of the Redbulls. Tried the first one and thought: no way...

27. amar212

amar212 Premium

No, only real prerequisite was to know entire layout of Nordschelife perfectly and utilise the car in appropriate way. People were mainly in trouble because they didn't actually know Nurburgring.

If many would try it today once they know the track, it would be much, much easier.

28. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Disagree, the car was equipped with bald tires and loose lugnuts. It was virtually impossible, but alas I'll pull out my PS2 and give it another try. It's been a while since my last frustration episode...

vipersan likes this.
  29. Bo

Bo Premium

Was 34 the Mercedes challenge?

30. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

Yep, and 23 was the skyline slipstream battle. ;)