Whats up with this new penalty system its absolutely ridiculous

• Thread starter Boris353
  • 279 comments
Yep new penalty system has ruined GTSport for me.
I just lost 1000 DR points after qualifying 4th...punted from behind at 1st chicane then pushed off the track at the next corner...race over....the next race I start in pole position, set the fastest lap, get a clean race star and win the race and only gain 650 points...absolute joke lol

A clean race has nothing to do with DR, but SR.
You gain DR from finishing ahead of opponents and loose it from finishing behind them.

A clean race has nothing to do with DR, but SR.
You gain DR from finishing ahead of opponents and loose it from finishing behind them.
Yes I know...I said I lost DR after being punted out of the race so yes I finished well down the order but the next race I won the race, fastest lap and was on pole and only got about half of my DR points back...which was my point...I had a bad result in race 1 due to crap drivers and lost 1000...but only got 600 back for driving a perfect race

Well as you lost DR the DR of your colleagues in the next race is lower and closer to what yours will be. Therefore it in natural you will gain less DR from lower rated opponents.

so I just raced daily race B for the first time this week with no qualifying time...started at the very back in 14th...passed 5 drivers finishing in 9th and my DR went down 700 points...any thoughts ?? I just dont understand the system lol

Last edited:
so I just raced daily race B for the first time this week with no qualifying time...started at the very back in 14th...passed 5 drivers finishing in 9th and my DR went down 700 points...any thoughts ?? I just dont understand the system lol
Maybe some drivers ranked lower than you finished the race ahead of you. Equally, beating lower ranked drivers gets fewer points than if they were equally or higher ranked.

You gain DR from people you finish ahead of and you lose DR to people you finish behind. Given that you finished in the bottom half of the field, losing DR would be correct.

The amount of DR you gain or lose is weighted by the difference of your DR levels. The exact formula is:

For every car you finish in front of you gain:
80 - ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR

For every car you finish behind, you lose:
80 + ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR

Yes I know...I said I lost DR after being punted out of the race so yes I finished well down the order but the next race I won the race, fastest lap and was on pole and only got about half of my DR points back...which was my point...I had a bad result in race 1 due to crap drivers and lost 1000...but only got 600 back for driving a perfect race
It's a balance. If you're one of the higher rated drivers in a lobby you'll tend to lose more DR if you finish badly than you'll gain if you do well. If you're ever in the lower SR groups where you can have a very big DR spread you can gain next to nothing for a win but stand to lose 2000+ if you're near the back of the field.

It also works the other way slightly, in a 20 car race if you're the lowest ranked driver it's quite possible to finish 12th or so and gain DR. But remember (as a response to your later post about overtaking five cars from the back), DR is calculated on finishing positions and nothing else. So even a very good drive from the back that sees you make up places can see your DR drop

Last edited:
You gain DR from people you finish ahead of and you lose DR to people you finish behind. Given that you finished in the bottom half of the field, losing DR would be correct.

The amount of DR you gain or lose is weighted by the difference of your DR levels. The exact formula is:

For every car you finish in front of you gain:
80 - ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR

For every car you finish behind, you lose:
80 + ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR
Thank you...that makes sense

Maybe some drivers ranked lower than you finished the race ahead of you. Equally, beating lower ranked drivers gets fewer points than if they were equally or higher ranked.
Thank you

Where and how can i tell Polyphony Digital to **** right off with this current penalty system ?

Back