What's your favourite Gran Turismo soundtrack?

• Thread starter Crimson
  • 55 comments
GTP_Cr1mson
Which GT game has the best soundtrack, in your opinion?

Got to be Gran Turismo 3 for me. 3 songs by Feeder, who I'd never heard of before I played GT, but they're one of my favourite bands now :D

Gran Turismo 3 songs still get stuck in my head, mainly Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart." It's too bad that they didn't use that song as the opener. They made up for that with Van Halen's "Panama" in GT4.

For the menu music, I have Tool as the soundtrack. All of their albums in order. For the racing, I either have no soundtrack or Killswitch Engage, maybe Primus. I rule by the way

Lenny Kravitz' "Are You Gonna Go My Way"

because the intro was one of the reasons why I loved GT3.

Got to be Gran Turismo 3 for me. 3 songs by Feeder, who I'd never heard of before I played GT, but they're one of my favourite bands now :D

same for me spent weeks looking for just a day, been a feeder addict ever since

IN GT1 did the same song cycle during an enduro?

Really liked the Spiderbait song in GT4. Never heard of them... and neither did the HMV shop when I tried to get their latest Long Play album

In GT5 andGT4 I raced with no music, but watched the replays to it. So in a way the tunes may be great but I've not really been forced to listen to them.

Favorite tracks you say ?
1 - Queens of the Stone Age - The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
2 - Eagles of Death Metal - I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)

Both are among my favorite bands ( QotSA firmly on top for a decade! )

I like a mix from all. Hooray for custom soundtrack options. I am glad i can mix up menu music. I use all the games music even from the PSP one.

GT3's was awesome but with my own music in the background the opportunities are limitless with GT5. Liking that.

Just try a lap of the 'ring with "Wild Flower" by The Cult in the background. Go on.

I will say that Gran Turismo 5 has some of the classiest music (especially the Lounge and Jazz songs). Whether you like those kinds of songs or not, those are just great to listen to. A lot of the in-game music for GT5 is kind of hit-or-miss. Favorite soundtrack? I'm going to say GT1. "Lose Control" by Ash gets me going easily. Same goes for hearing songs like "Oxyaceylene" by Cubanate, "Everything Must Go" by the Chemical Brothers in GT1's intro... there's actually no topping GT1's soundtrack.

If we were doin this in terms of most favorite to least favorite soundtracks, this would be my line of succession:

GT1, GT5, GT4, GT2, GT3

So tab me for Gran Turismo 1 as having the best soundtrack. It is sometimes difficult to beat the original.

I agree that Gran Turismo 3 has the best soundtracks and introduction movie.

And GT2. GT4 has a lot of good stuff, but nothing quite as memorable as GT2's. I mean, GT2 had Beck. BECK!

Well seeing as we were lumped with the abysmal PAL version of the GT2 soundtrack over here, then I would go with GT4. It had the best variety of music genres of any GT game, plus it included some that I still consider to be my favourite tracks.

Ryk
IN GT1 did the same song cycle during an enduro?

It most certainly did, although I was never a fan of that. I thought it was too repetitive.

Last edited:
GT1 endless songs in enduros. Grand Valley was tough with some song on endless repeat. But we were hardy gamers back in the 90's: two hours of the same 3 minute song ...over and over and over...

Getting nasty flashbacks now.

Sideways Hank O'Malley (and The Alabama Bottle Boys) - The Ballad of Chapped Lip Calquhoun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi6x3MCjBaQ

May have to drive the GVS 300 in a Pick up now...

You know that Enduro was so good, I reckon I'll drive it again.

Ryk
GT1 endless songs in enduros. Grand Valley was tough with some song on endless repeat. But we were hardy gamers back in the 90's: two hours of the same 3 minute song ...over and over and over...

I remember having a similar experience during the same endurance race at Grand Valley, only I had to put up with 2 hours of Garbage's As Heaven Is Wide.

It wasn't terrible... it's just that it started to get a little grating after an hour of racing.

I never had the adventure of playing GT1 or GT2, as I grew up with a PS2. :(

In GT3 my favorite songs were:
-Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
-Stop The Rock (Mint Royale Remix) - Apollo 440
-Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
-Turbo Lover - Judas Priest
-99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger

In GT4 my favorites were:
-Call Me (Super Bad) - James Brown
-Panama - Van Halen
-What to Believe, Wicked, and Soul Surfer - Daiki Kasho
-Moon Over the Castle (credits version)
-Runaround - Arlo

In GT5 my favorites are:
-Day to Live, Edge of the World, Flow, SURV1V3, 5OUL ON D!SPLAY, Moon Over The Castle - Jonathan Underdown and Daiki Kasho
-I Want You So Hard - Eagles of Death Metal
-Planetary (GO!) - MCR
-Tenderoni - Kele
-Drive On Coins, Gloss of Speed, Wingy and Runabout

I hope GT6 include some Ash songs, like Burn Baby Burn, Meltdown, Orpheus (which was in Burnout 3 Takedown), and Out of the Blue. 👍

GT1 had something that resembled "Foxy Lady" from Jimmi Hendrix as the menu music. Man, I'm getting flashbacks again :)

In my first post I said that GT2 had the best soundrack. but this is my list of best tracks in the series:

"Everything must go" - The Chemical Bros. GT1

"My favourite game" - The Cardigans GT2

"My Hero" - Foo Fighters GT2

"Plush" - Stone Temple Pilots GT2

"I think I'm paranoid" - Garbage GT2 (God, I'm imagining myself driving in the Sunday Cup at Tahiti Road with the Mugen Accord)

"Where it's at" - Beck GT2

"Dragula (hot rod remix)" - Rob Zombie GT2

"Are you gonna go my way" - Lenny Kravitz GT3

"Kickstart my heart" - Motley Crew GT3 (I suddenly imagined myself doing a lap in Complex String with the street GT40)

"Turbo Lover" - Judas Priest GT3

"99 red ballons" - Gold Finger GT3

"Panama" - Van Halen GT4

"Summer Song" - Joe Satriani GT4

"Free wheel Burning" - Judas Priest GT4

"Funny little feeling" - Rock and Roll Soldiers GT4

"Not Listening" - Papa Roach GT4

"Oh Yeah!" - Yello GT4

"Moon over the castle (all versions)" Masahiro Andoh GT4

"Automatic (remix)" - Weezer GT5 Prologue

"Moon over the castle" Masahiro Andoh GT5 Prologue

"Surv1v3" - Daiki Kasho GT5 Prologue

"Horse Power" - The Chemical Bros. GT5 Trailer

"5oul on D!splay" - Daiki Kasho GT5 Weather Feature Trailer

"Borrowed Time" - TC GT5 Night Trailer

"Planetary (Go!)" - My chemical romance GT5 Yes, I like it. Every song that makes it to a GT opening earns my respect no matter who it is.

"5oul on D!splay (intro remix)" - Daiki Kasho GT5

"The Entertainer" - Scott Joplin The forever contaigious GT Auto theme from GT5

"Patterns" - Band of Skulls GT5

Christmas specials from GT5 and menu music from all the series :)

EDIT: I was going through GT5's library and noticed it has more than 100 songs. How do they cramp up so much music in the disc? GT4 wasn't short of music either.

Last edited:
I remember having a similar experience during the same endurance race at Grand Valley, only I had to put up with 2 hours of Garbage's As Heaven Is Wide.

It wasn't terrible... it's just that it started to get a little grating after an hour of racing.

Hope you like Dragula, because you get to listen to it for several hundred miles!

I think it was a technical limitation, honestly. Probably RAM related.

In GT5 my favorites are:
-Day to Live, Edge of the World, Flow, SURV1V3, 5OUL ON D!SPLAY, Moon Over The Castle - Jonathan Underdown and Daiki Kasho
-I Want You So Hard - Eagles of Death Metal
-Planetary (GO!) - MCR
-Tenderoni - Kele
-Drive On Coins, Gloss of Speed, Wingy and Runabout

I hope GT6 include some Ash songs, like Burn Baby Burn, Meltdown, Orpheus (which was in Burnout 3 Takedown), and Out of the Blue. 👍

I wish we had those great songs from daiki-Jon in GT5, I also like "Shadows of our Past". I miss this great Jazz song from GT5 Prologue:

Back