When are you planning to buy Xbox Series X and PS5?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 180 comments
Will xbox one series x games work on Xbox one X as well ? If not, we have to be really careful when buying games in the future.

If the game has Xbox One version it will. This is the logic of Xbox Smart Delivery. Games will work on every MS system you have untill there is a version of this game for it.

Gerr. No shops have got a PS5. Still, I wasn't going to buy one on launch day anyway. Unless I found one in a shop......

Yes they are not allowed to sell them in-store because of the lockdown, not that they have any (extra) supply anyway mind. :bowdown:

Eventually I'll get one, who knows when that will be though. :indiff:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Not wishing to rub it in people's faces but I somehow managed to bag a PS5 from amazon this afternoon and its already on the wagon for delivery tomorrow. Wasn't even planning on it this morning I just had a spur of the moment.

My bro and all my mates got a PS5. For the last year., and every year for for the last ten years all they gave done is play cod every single night. Since the new COD came put they played that every night. They got their PS5s yesterday and what did they do as soon as they got it? That's right, downloaded COD and played it all day. What's the bloody point? Why rush to preorder one for what I assume is excitement of a new console just to play the one game you always play?

Well that's why I haven't bought one yet and wint until theres a decent deal and I can see if any issues were present.

Also i dont know if this is true or not as i dont have a ps5 but if it is , im sure a few folks wont be happy about it .

https://geekculture.co/ps-plus-is-the-only-way-for-ps5-owners-to-back-up-game-save-files/

"PlayStation 5 owners looking to safely back up their game save files will now be required to also get a PlayStation Plus membership as they won’t be able to back-up their PS5 game saves without one.

This is unlike the PS4, which allowed users to manually copy their game saves onto a USB drive. As revealed by TweakTown, the only way to back up game saves for next-gen PS5 exclusives like Demon Souls or Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales is to do so via PS Plus."

As someone who always saves manually in games, and always backs up to USB drive frequently, this really sucks. I know it's to prevent hacking but essentially your free time is now behind a paywall.

If it weren't for GT, I'd happily leave console land to be honest. It's just as complicated and expensive as PC at this point.

My bro and all my mates got a PS5. For the last year., and every year for for the last ten years all they gave done is play cod every single night. Since the new COD came put they played that every night. They got their PS5s yesterday and what did they do as soon as they got it? That's right, downloaded COD and played it all day. What's the bloody point? Why rush to preorder one for what I assume is excitement of a new console just to play the one game you always play?

Well that's why I haven't bought one yet and wint until theres a decent deal and I can see if any issues were present.

To be fair, COD would provide a slightly different gaming experience compared to playing on the PS4 due to the adaptive triggers changing with every gun (and as someone who’s been playing it almost daily on PS5, it is pretty damn cool)

As someone who always saves manually in games, and always backs up to USB drive frequently, this really sucks. I know it's to prevent hacking but essentially your free time is now behind a paywall.

If it weren't for GT, I'd happily leave console land to be honest. It's just as complicated and expensive as PC at this point.

On the one hand you cant build a $500 PC with the performance of a PS5/Series X... however I'd still go with a PC if the software was available on it... on Xbox, you can pretty much do without since they committed to bringing their games to Windows Store.

If GT7 hits on PC then throw both of them in the bin.

I see a lot of artifiical restrictions this time... one such is the NVME thing.

Like logically why does storage need to be in the 5gb/sec range? There's no reason that should be a requirement.

I feel like SATA 600 should be able to do it all. Outside of consoles have people complained about SSD load speeds in games?

Even something like basic NVME ssds should be fine. I think theyre pushing Gen 4 for reasons that its "sexy" rather than actual real world utility.

For Sony fix your damn "download and then copy the entire game" update system first...

Last edited:
On the one hand you cant build a $500 PC with the performance of a PS5/Series X... however I'd still go with a PC if the software was available on it... on Xbox, you can pretty much do without since they committed to bringing their games to Windows Store.

If GT7 hits on PC then throw both of them in the bin.

I see a lot of artifiical restrictions this time... one such is the NVME thing.

Like logically why does storage need to be in the 5gb/sec range? There's no reason that should be a requirement.

I feel like SATA 600 should be able to do it all. Outside of consoles have people complained about SSD load speeds in games?

Even something like basic NVME ssds should be fine. I think theyre pushing Gen 4 for reasons that its "sexy" rather than actual real world utility.

For Sony fix your damn "download and then copy the entire game" update system first...

That's true, an equivalent PC will always cost more than the console, but you save money in other aspects in the long run. Cheaper game discounts, no online subscription, no need to buy new peripherals/controllers, and BC is almost always guaranteed. Also, you can do a lot more with your PC than just gaming (and chances are, everyone these days need a PC, but you can't say the same for a dedicated gaming console). The freedom of modding is another plus. Assetto Corsa on PC is a totally different monster compared to the limited console version.

In my case, I don't care about having the shiniest new graphics or VR, so I don't have to splurge for equivalent performance PC either. My current gaming laptop I bought in 2014, and I still play PS4 games on it like ACC and Dirt Rally. All graphics settings on Low, but the gameplay is the same and that's what counts for me. I realize I'm the minority in this aspect however.

In my view, the main advantage of console is the convenience aspect. You just plug and play, everything is guaranteed to work with minimum fuss. On PC with every major Windows update, it seems there are always 1-2 games that don't work properly without updating drivers. All that troubleshooting steps take time that I could otherwise have used to play. Not to mention games that are poorly optimized. But with each console generation, it seems there are more and more restrictions and complications. Having to know SSD specs, internal vs external storage, keeping an eye on install size, cloud save only, etc. And it's not getting cheaper (PS5 disc is $750 and digital is $600 here).

At the end of the day, I've been shifting more and more towards PC. The only thing holding me back is GT, but even that is starting to lose its luster lately so we'll see.

That's true, an equivalent PC will always cost more than the console, but you save money in other aspects in the long run. Cheaper game discounts, no online subscription, no need to buy new peripherals/controllers, and BC is almost always guaranteed. Also, you can do a lot more with your PC than just gaming (and chances are, everyone these days need a PC, but you can't say the same for a dedicated gaming console). The freedom of modding is another plus. Assetto Corsa on PC is a totally different monster compared to the limited console version.

In my case, I don't care about having the shiniest new graphics or VR, so I don't have to splurge for equivalent performance PC either. My current gaming laptop I bought in 2014, and I still play PS4 games on it like ACC and Dirt Rally. All graphics settings on Low, but the gameplay is the same and that's what counts for me. I realize I'm the minority in this aspect however.

In my view, the main advantage of console is the convenience aspect. You just plug and play, everything is guaranteed to work with minimum fuss. On PC with every major Windows update, it seems there are always 1-2 games that don't work properly without updating drivers. All that troubleshooting steps take time that I could otherwise have used to play. Not to mention games that are poorly optimized. But with each console generation, it seems there are more and more restrictions and complications. Having to know SSD specs, internal vs external storage, keeping an eye on install size, cloud save only, etc. And it's not getting cheaper (PS5 disc is $750 and digital is $600 here).

At the end of the day, I've been shifting more and more towards PC. The only thing holding me back is GT, but even that is starting to lose its luster lately so we'll see.
Some ppl i know used to say that god of war alone is enough reason for them to buy the ps5

without attractive exclusives the xbox in comparison look bleak without anything compelling for others to consider it

To be fair, COD would provide a slightly different gaming experience compared to playing on the PS4 due to the adaptive triggers changing with every gun (and as someone who’s been playing it almost daily on PS5, it is pretty damn cool)
I did think about that but my POV was better to wait a few months and see what issues arise.

I have a PS5, but I think the 4k focus for this gen is a bit of a waste for me. We'll see later what the developers can do. But I would prefer for games to offer a 1080p mode with great graphics and decent frame rate than the 1080p mode being strictly frame rate focused.

Got given an xbox x for christmas.

So thats it straight onto play all the old ps2 games. Cant wait.

First impressions not impressed.

Who still gives out controllers with batteries in the year 2020? We are long past that rubbiish these days.

Their store is also very expensive. Xbox live 70 quid a year. No wonder sony beat them in the last console war. You cant charge more for the same product.

They have a lot to learn.

Thankfully it has dev mode or you couldn't really justify it.

Last edited:
Got given an xbox x for christmas.

So thats it straight onto play all the old ps2 games. Cant wait.

First impressions not impressed.

Who still gives out controllers with batteries in the year 2020? We are long past that rubbiish these days.

Their store is also very expensive. Xbox live 70 quid a year. No wonder sony beat them in the last console war. You cant charge more for the same product.

They have a lot to learn.

Thankfully it has dev mode or you couldn't really justify it.

I have a PS5 and a series X. Pretty happy with both of them. There’s not much of a true “next gen” experience for either one but I honestly wasn’t expecting much more. The mid gen consoles are to blame for these consoles not feeling like as big of a step forward.

In the US PS plus and Xbox live are the same price when purchased from the consoles ($59.99). But you can find PS plus cheap on eBay.

I’m getting real sick of being stuck on old hardware. The longer this takes, the more likely I’ll be switching to PC instead.

There are tons of PS5s on ebay.ca, mainly in the Toronto area. But there is no way I’m giving a cent to these pieces of 🤬.

Last edited:
Has anyone got a Series X and has it laying on it's side? Just curious as I've only ever seen it shown as sitting upright but I don't have the room for that if I got one. It would have to be on it's side under my tv.

Has anyone got a Series X and has it laying on it's side? Just curious as I've only ever seen it shown as sitting upright but I don't have the room for that if I got one. It would have to be on it's side under my tv.

I set mine on its side when I’m using it on the sim rig and standing up when I move it to the living room. Works fine either way.

Yeah mines is on its side as its quite an awkward shape and was a struggle to get it into my tv cabinet. I hate to see what the ps5 is like as that thing is meant to be bigger.

Have to say slightly changing my mind on it. Yeah its an expensive eco sydtem but that game pass is cool that i can play the games on my phone via the cloud.

Its a shame there's not much next gen stuff out there but the improved frame rates make games appear smoother without even noticing.

Yes i am, its fine either way, the reason i went for the sideways so that it doesn’t gather dust and get inside it

Last edited:
I’d read a lot about the size of ps5, got to say when I opened mine I was surprised to find it actually not being that big.
Bigger than PS4 certainly but can’t help think people (internet) have greatly exaggerated the size of the thing!

Mine came in yesterday and I've side-mounted it.

One thing to note is that it is designed to sit on its side also, there's even a few little rubber feet subtly placed on one side of the console for you to lay it down on.

kallax-shelving-unit-with-doors-black-brown__0619560_PE689128_S5.JPG

I've got one of the IKEA KALLAX units behind my sim rig, and while I previously had 2 cubby slots (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X) I've now taken out the middle wall and laid the Series X horizontally across the center.

There isn't much clearance (3cm at best) if you stand it upright (and a vertical PS5 won't fit in at all), so for heat exhaustion I wanted more room.

Last edited:
Mine came in yesterday and I've side-mounted it.

One thing to note is that it is designed to sit on its side also, there's even a few little rubber feet subtly placed on one side of the console for you to lay it down on.

kallax-shelving-unit-with-doors-black-brown__0619560_PE689128_S5.JPG

I've got one of the IKEA KALLAX units behind my sim rig, and while I previously had 2 cubby slots (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X) I've now taken out the middle wall and laid the Series X horizontally across the center.

There isn't much clearance (3cm at best) if you stand it upright (and a vertical PS5 won't fit in at all), so for heat exhaustion I wanted more room.

Cool. Thanks for the info :cheers:

I can't remember, do you have a Fanatec wheel?

Have you ran it with the Series X yet? Because I also have a Formula V2 rim and I'm curious if the LED lights on the rim work now with the new Xbox?
I haven't but I imagine they won't.

The reason for this is that Xbox consoles don't recognise Fanatec wheels as "Fanatec Wheels" per-se, presumably due to how the security chip is in the rim instead of the base (the PS4 chip is in the base).

Funnily enough I posted about it in another thread recently:

This is entirely true for Fanatec wheels as Fanatec don’t have an SDK for Xbox.

In other words, when you plug a Fanatec wheel into an Xbox it won’t say it’s a “Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel”, it’ll say it’s a “Steering Wheel”. This results in the wheel using Xbox’s default configuration for wheel and force feedback options, and you having fewer options and working buttons compared to PlayStation/PC.

I haven't but I imagine they won't.

The reason for this is that Xbox consoles don't recognise Fanatec wheels as "Fanatec Wheels" per-se, presumably due to how the security chip is in the rim instead of the base (the PS4 chip is in the base).

Funnily enough I posted about it in another thread recently:

:banghead:

I'll have to double check but I'm sure that on Project Cars 2 with my old GT2 rim attached it shows exactly what it is with an exact picture also. But I think with the Formula V2 rim attached it might say "Steering Wheel". I think Dom from Fanatec explained it that the Formula V2 rim came out after PC2 stopped updating which is why it's not recognized but the GT2 is.

I was hoping finally that Microsoft would allow all compatible wheels to have full functionality.

Last edited:
Back