When do you think Gran Turismo 7 will be released?

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 198 comments

When do you think Gran Turismo 7 will be released?

• Launch title

• Around the time they Sony anounces Playstation 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's a placeholder, games don't release on NYE.
ANY date you see before it is officially announced is a placeholder. Ignore those dates, they don't know anything more than we do.
I have a feeling @Adie knows that, the "seen it on the internet" sounds to me like his tongue is firmly in his cheek :lol:.

I have a feeling @Adie knows that, the "seen it on the internet" sounds to me like his tongue is firmly in his cheek :lol:.
Judging by his wording I think you're right. But I remember back in the days before GT5, threads kept popping up every single day with people claiming they found the release date on some random retailers website

Judging by his wording I think you're right. But I remember back in the days before GT5, threads kept popping up every single day with people claiming they found the release date on some random retailers website
True that does happen, a lot of people do take place holder information as gospel.

Last edited:
You could read in some websites that the PS5 release will come up with GT7...
So, why they would spread News when those are only Rumours !

You could read in some websites that the PS5 release will come up with GT7...
So, why they would spread News when those are only Rumours !
Click bait, the more people that read the stories the more advertising revenue the sites get.

Until the date is announced, no news outlet will know the date. Unelss Sony told them in advance of thier own announcement, but if they did that it would be embargoed until officially announced first.

I just noticed that none of the first party games were given a release date, so there's still hope for GT7 as a launch title. (PS5 without first party launch titles would be a weird choice)

I just noticed that none of the first party games were given a release date, so there's still hope for GT7 as a launch title. (PS5 without first party launch titles would be a weird choice)

Besides Spider-Man and .....bugshack..... It is pretty interesting with that placeholder though. Could mean a million different dates but I like to imagine it's this year.

There’s a post on social media from a PD staff member hinting at a pre Christmas release. Or maybe he was just being polite to the guy asking the question.

There’s a post on social media from a PD staff member hinting at a pre Christmas release. Or maybe he was just being polite to the guy asking the question.

Is till think that trailer was from an early build.
My idea is they are gonna release the game like how they did with GTS. but the updates will be like 3 months of contents worth

Besides Spider-Man and .....bugshack..... It is pretty interesting with that placeholder though. Could mean a million different dates but I like to imagine it's this year.
Spiderman is not a fully new game (standalone DLC if I understand correctly) and Bugsnax is not first party I think (and definitely not a system seller)

I've learned from being stubbornly optimistic to be realistic and confident especialy from men like Kaz. There are not thousands of hard workers sweating more than him in this world, I mean we can easily bet he is putting his spine in Gran Turismo 7 for the moment and no matter with the pandemy. Having said that I can't say if GT7 will be a launch title during novembre but I clearly smell a PS5 GT7 special édition for Holidays 2020

Click bait, the more people that read the stories the more advertising revenue the sites get.

Until the date is announced, no news outlet will know the date. Unelss Sony told them in advance of thier own announcement, but if they did that it would be embargoed until officially announced first.

100% agree that's what this is about. All it takes is one click and Sony is selling you games on social all day long.

PD have been outsourcing with Modelling Cafe. The only car known for this is the Honda S660 '15. As I have already mentioned on this thread, PD will likely have a lot more cars added in GT7 due to the outsourcing with Modelling Cafe. Its only questionable as to what cars they have outsourced.
I wonder if modeling modern cars is less time consuming because manufacturers can provide CAD files of the car. At least you can skip laser scanning stage.

I think GT7 release date will be holiday 2020 or early 2021. GT7 will return old style GT game, but there is no news that the partnership with the FIA has ended.
Usually, FIAGTC will start in early spring. They should want to release GT7 by the time 2021 FIAGTC is held.

Additionary, it is hard to think from the PS5 promotion side that a competition will be held on old hard PS4 even after PS5 is released.
I think the release date of GT7 depends on what plans Sony and FIA are planning.

I wonder if modeling modern cars is less time consuming because manufacturers can provide CAD files of the car. At least you can skip laser scanning stage.

I think laser scanning in some ways are still important for accuracy purposes and the quality.

But with PD having already formed a partnership with Toyota, Porsche and Mazda, it would make a lot of sense. The only thing is that it's uncertain whether CAD files have the certain amount of polygons. The cars PD have made are now around 400,000 polygons.

If they did, I would assume PD would use them along with the technical data provided and then only make just the textures.

Last edited:
I think laser scanning in some ways are still important for accuracy purposes and the quality.

But with PD having already formed a partnership with Toyota, Porsche and Mazda, it would make a lot of sense. The only thing is that it's uncertain whether CAD files have the certain amount of polygons. The cars PD have made are now around 400,000 polygons.

If they did, I would assume PD would use them along with the technical data provided and then only make just the textures.
Usually, CAD production files are huge on polygons. I can imagine 2mil+ per car easily. But in this case, PD (or outsource) has to optimize the model to bring it to 400k polygons count and create different LODs, not to mention shaders and textures.

Automotive CAD data is so infinitely more detailed than anything PD can put in a game that I imagine it's mostly useful as an extremely detailed reference for their own work (like they had done with photographs in the past) than as something they can work with directly.

Automotive CAD data is so infinitely more detailed than anything PD can put in a game that I imagine it's mostly useful as an extremely detailed reference for their own work (like they had done with photographs in the past) than as something they can work with directly.
I think the good question to ask is what ps5 brings to developers to help them reduce development time? As we know, the real time raytracing that "just works" not exactly the case here. PD adding this technology on top of their existing engine and light tech. That's why I think we will not see dynamic ToD. As for the fast SSD, we saw in gameplay clip that the game still uses LODs, and it's not the unreal 5 situation.

Yes, I remember SMS saying that when they got CAD models during Dev for PC1, and we had the closed backer forum. They can only be used for reference, the actual models still have to start from scratch.

I think the good question to ask is what ps5 brings to developers to help them reduce development time? As we know, the real time raytracing that "just works" not exactly the case here. PD adding this technology on top of their existing engine and light tech. That's why I think we will not see dynamic ToD. As for the fast SSD, we saw in gameplay clip that the game still uses LODs, and it's not the unreal 5 situation.
But the UR5 demo was not true 4k and it was running at 30fps. So depending on what you are trying to acheive it seems like there are still trade-offs to be made. That said I fully expect games to surpass the UR5 demo in a few years as the developers start to maximise the potential of the next gen tech.

Planned release Q4 2021, delayed to Q1 2023 due to new features of PSVR2 and PS5 Pro?

I doubt they’ll make a PS5 Pro, honestly. We got mid-gen revisions of consoles this time around due to the consoles themselves being pretty underpowered even at the time of launch (as well as 4K becoming mainstream, and PSVR for the PS4), this time around both Sony and MS have incredibly powerful consoles to release

Let’s see if anything is mentioned on the PS Blog this week about GT7 or other rumoured PS5 launch titles. If we don’t get posts similar to those for Horizon 2 & Miles Morales. I’m thinking they’ll hold further details back until PS5 launch and pre-orders are confirmed.

Well, if PD wants to make GT7 a perfect Gran Turismo game, I expect a release date at Q4 2022 based on how much time it takes. But personally, I hope PD releases GT7 on Holiday 2020 or Q2 2021. ;)

Another week passes by with no official PS5 news or launch title details. So it still stands that the only 1st party titles Sony has talked about in any sort of detail (beyond a few paragraphs). Are those known to be releasing after launch - Horizon 2 and Miles Morales.

Back