When is DLC Coming?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VR1
  • 58 comments
  • 6,721 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

VR1

Messages
9
United States
United States
I've been hearing talk of DLC in GT6 (Sorta like in Forza). Anyone know whether this is true, and when the first one is coming?
 
it'll be soon no doubt, but much like with FM4 and horizon's i wont be in any rush to pick it up unless its stellar and has bang for buck.
 
Who knows for sure. I'm bout ready/itching for something. Let's go PD
 
PD, in reagards to your DLC schedule I must simply encourage you with this...

take my money fry.jpg
 
I'm hoping that Kaz intends to release all of the game content first. Not holding my breath though.
 
Maybe the microtransaction credits are the dlc... each month they'll add a different amount you can buy :p
this is what im kinda hoping for and a few of us are, combine a couple events and login bonus's and you could say its like stealing candy from a baby hahaha.
They should first make a couple of updates to fix the game and add stuff in that should be in.
what people dont seem to understand is fixing takes time and with the ever increasing complexity of game code and various other things its not always an easy task and i say this for every game, more likely they have a seperate team bug fixing and trouble shooting, another doing DLC and more than likely another 3rd splinter team getting down and dirty starting GT7 or whatever their next project might be.The same whining and senseless herp-a-derp was seen all over the net when gta 5 launched.Not to mention they were probably pushed into getting gt6 in stores for the holidays which more than likely would no help matters on the bugs front.
 
what people dont seem to understand is fixing takes time and with the ever increasing complexity of game code and various other things its not always an easy task and i say this for every game, more likely they have a seperate team bug fixing and trouble shooting, another doing DLC and more than likely another 3rd splinter team getting down and dirty starting GT7 or whatever their next project might be.The same whining and senseless herp-a-derp was seen all over the net when gta 5 launched.Not to mention they were probably pushed into getting gt6 in stores for the holidays which more than likely would no help matters on the bugs front.
Its not only that they dont understand how hard and complex it is , people these days are impatient and want everything yesterday.
 
Its not only that they dont understand how hard and complex it is , people these days are impatient and want everything yesterday.
very true, then theres people like me who grew up in a days gone by where downloading an old battlefield 1942 patch on dialup/low power broadband was seen as the norm :P

Im just like, oh cool its not there i'll just wait a little longer and play somethig else or get online and cruise round the green hell.
 
Weren't the Vision GT cars supposed to be "free" DLC when they launch? That could be the first…

But I'm questioning when the first DLC packs will come out, as it seems PD is more focused on getting updates in, at least for this next month. There's still Red Bull challenges and a plethora of missing community features that are set to go live sometime soon…

As for DLC content, I can't really make guesses on cars, but as far as tracks go, I'm pretty sure we've seen content from Seattle and Route 11 in the NSX trailers, so one of those could be the first up. Then there's also a possibility that PD could release some pre-made course generator tracks as a preview for the course generator...
 
this is what im kinda hoping for and a few of us are, combine a couple events and login bonus's and you could say its like stealing candy from a baby hahaha.

what people dont seem to understand is fixing takes time and with the ever increasing complexity of game code and various other things its not always an easy task and i say this for every game, more likely they have a seperate team bug fixing and trouble shooting, another doing DLC and more than likely another 3rd splinter team getting down and dirty starting GT7 or whatever their next project might be.The same whining and senseless herp-a-derp was seen all over the net when gta 5 launched.Not to mention they were probably pushed into getting gt6 in stores for the holidays which more than likely would no help matters on the bugs front.
This is likely quite accurate.
 
I have like $12 bucks sitting in my PSN wallet. If you don't want it PD, I'll spend it in something else ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: VR1
I have £45 in my PSN wallet.
 
Its not only that they dont understand how hard and complex it is , people these days are impatient and want everything yesterday.
And as a business if you don't realize times have changed and learn how to manage it and adapt, you go bust. But that's another thread.
 
I want the track generator D.I.Y. Awesome And Detailed Custom Track Builder That Totally Doesn't Draw Tracks Out Of A Hat Using Preset Algorithms Like Last Time first..
fixed
 
I just hope that things that should be in the game, like the B-spec and endurance races (if they come), will be free.
 
I just hope that things that should be in the game, like the B-spec and endurance races (if they come), will be free.
I don't think PD would ever do such thing, of course those updates are going to be free.
 
I don't think PD would ever do such thing, of course those updates are going to be free.

You never know now, since they are now doing Mircotransactions.
 
Actually, we already have some DLC but we don't have any proper DLC yet because we only have 'placeholders'.
 
Actually, we already have some DLC but we don't have any proper DLC yet because we only have 'placeholders'.
yeah, the M4 and the AMG need interiors before they're real DLC :rolleyes:
 
Meh... I'm not too crazy about DLC (except Senna's DLC I'll check that out). Personally, I'd at least like some kind of information on the course creator. I was excited for that when it was announced, but we still don't know much about it. I guess I'm partial to getting the features and updates that should be in the game, rather than throwing money at DLC cars or tracks.
 
yeah, the M4 and the AMG need interiors before they're real DLC :rolleyes:
Is it just me or are PD grinding the "placeholder" excuse to explain the poor amount of actual finished content in-game? They said we have placeholder sounds, placeholder physics and now we have placeholder cars?!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back