When is DLC Coming?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VR1
  • 58 comments
  • 6,721 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or are PD grinding the "placeholder" excuse to explain the poor amount of actual finished content in-game? They said we have placeholder sounds, placeholder physics and now we have placeholder cars?!
Well, for the first in the series to not be delayed, it's not too surprising. The ambitious folk at PD always want to add a few more finishing touches. Hopefully the next updates will bring the missing menu options, like tire and fuel use in Arcade races, that's the only way I like to play them. I'm expecting there'll be a plethora of DLC by the end of this year.
 
yeah, the M4 and the AMG need interiors before they're real DLC :rolleyes:
Considering both were included in a free update and didn't have any sort of transaction completed. They are not "DLC".
 
Considering both were included in a free update and didn't have any sort of transaction completed. They are not "DLC".

They're additional Content and they were DownLoaded. They were DLC.

If you mean "when can I start PAYING for things" then that's what you should ask :)
 
They're additional Content and they were DownLoaded. They were DLC.
I advise you search and find the thread that held a discussion about the differences between the two.
 
I advise you search and find the thread that held a discussion about the differences between the two.

Looked, couldn't find one. Perhaps you could propogate some of that knowledge via a constructive answer? :)

A download that adds content is downloadable content regardless of whether or not you transferred the complete archive in the final transaction.
 
an update is DLC... as you DownLoad new Content... you can argue all you want, it's a fact
 
Kaz said in interviews that there's going to be not only DLCs, but regular DLCs. I put a lot of hopes on PD getting DLC right this time. Would like to see them adding new cars (esp. 2012+) and tracks on a monthly basis...
 
Kaz said in interviews that there's going to be not only DLCs, but regular DLCs. I put a lot of hopes on PD getting DLC right this time. Would like to see them adding new cars (esp. 2012+) and tracks on a monthly basis...

I hope so too, let's just hope that the top cars cost a lot less than the current £120/$200!
 
I hope so too, let's just hope that the top cars cost a lot less than the current £120/$200!
hey... here's an idea! Leave the micro-transactions in, and to be fair, all DLC can be free?
As little financial sense as this may make from Sony's perspective, I like my strategy
 
I am still looking forward to DLCs and expect the first to come around soon. To be fair, we already received three new cars in the last 6 weeks: Hudson Hornet, BMW M4 & Toyota FT-1. Hope, there's so much more to come, esp. tracks, photo locations and cars that were made in the last 5 years.
 
I want to see if they can bring back some of the older tracks from the early installments as DLCs. *coughs*SSR11*coughs*. I know this isn't a wishlist thread, but the DLCs will come eventually.
 
Like taxes, and death, when the "pay" DLC versions arrive...
...rest-assured there will be new angst-driven GTP threads created...
...but many will also be happy to put use to their patiently idling PS Store credits.
 
Its not only that they dont understand how hard and complex it is , people these days are impatient and want everything yesterday.
Only when I paid for it yesterday.
 
tumblr_m140q3aWMu1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
 
I bet we will hear something when that KAZ movie comes out.
 
Could we see something this week tied into the 24 hours of Daytona? It would be cool but I doubt it will happen.
 
I bet we will hear something when that KAZ movie comes out.

I think that would be a good place to announce something, with the DLC arriving with the second update that is supposed to be coming later this month. I don't think the update will be this week, but probably following week.

Could we see something this week tied into the 24 hours of Daytona? It would be cool but I doubt it will happen.[/COLOR]

That's another possibility too, especially since I believe I remember reading that they wanted to focus more on actual motorsports events as opposed to gaming shows for unveiling stuff for the game. Plus wasn't there a race in Australia that had a whole bunch of GT6 advertising?
 
No DLC?? I mean the toyota ft-1 and vision cars are cool, but I was expecting some new production cars like F10 M5 etc.. by now.
 
VR1
No DLC?? I mean the toyota ft-1 and vision cars are cool, but I was expecting some new production cars like F10 M5 etc.. by now.

M4?
 
I hope the new Track will come this Week.
 
Hope, too. Hoping for online features, too. Realistically we can be happy IF we get the new track by the end of this month...
 
So, what are you guys expecting in the DLC? I reckon we'll get more GT3 cars pretty soon, plus the Vantage GTE due to the connection with the Senna family. Some new LMP1 cars would be nice too! Track wise I think somewhere like Oulton Park or Donington would be an amazing start. :)
 
Hopefully some DLC comes out Shortly, from what i have heard GT6 is post to have a ''Massive'' Update in Feb. Sometime. Who knows if they are messing with us. Kaz went to the Interlagos recently, talked to Bruno Senna...Things are getting interesting of which car/track/features are coming out soon.


But First, Fix Online Issues, and Release ''Community" The Best Feature in GT5!! 👍
 
VR1
When is DLC coming?


I just saw a flying pig zoom past my window, so my guess is that DLC is coming tomorrow. ;)
 
After playing this game for 3 months I'm pretty bored with it (and I only did like 7% of career). The car list is already pretty dated (no where near Forza's) and the lack of a monthly DLC is a turn off. IMO forza 4 had more interesting cars then this game. It might not have 20 different Skylines, but it does have ZL1, F10, E39 etc..

Stupid PD. I've been playing GT since I was 8 but I'm done with this series. Never again.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back