When will 1.11 update for GTS happen?

• Thread starter topgunevo9
  • 73 comments
United States
United States
PD said that they will release more cars and tracks through March 18’. Anyone have any info on when this update will happen and what cars will be in the next update?

Uhhh...I don’t get it and I don’t get what is funny...can you explain please?

On that note,it would be nice if they added drag racing to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol! I get you now! Very true!

The high expectation of the GT planet community - "December is over, now when is the next update?!"
Also,there are hundreds of cars that are left out of the game. 50 cars available for download is simply not enough. I just want all the evo’s,sti’s,shelby’s,z06’s,zr1’s and current cars to be on there. If it doesn’t get any better,I will convert to Xbox one X and get forza 7

The high expectation of the GT planet community - "December is over, now when is the next update?!"
I would guess that most first party AAA games would already have a significant DLC package available at this point and a clear path forward. Expectations are always high at this point.

It will happen on one of the next Wednesdays (24th or 31th).

Lol! I get you now! Very true!

Also,there are hundreds of cars that are left out of the game. 50 cars available for download is simply not enough. I just want all the evo’s,sti’s,shelby’s,z06’s,zr1’s and current cars to be on there. If it doesn’t get any better,I will convert to Xbox one X and get forza 7
So, what are you waiting for? Buy Forza7. There won't be 700 cars in GTS you know...

My guess (HOPE!) is they're waiting till they've got the next (huge) batch of bug fixes ready. The game can't be taken seriously till they address them.

Looking at previous updates (excluding Christmas and 'emergency' patches) they tend to arrive around 25th to 27th of month.....

So a guess would be around that time with content notification a week or so before......

If as we suspect PD have a monthly schedule for the DLC they will be targeting a specific date each month as needs sign-off etc.

I suspect they won't give more advance notification as want to build anticipation each month and those that do usually are trying to sell a 'season pass'.

To date PD's DLC has .been free - will be interesting to see if that continues for both new cars to GT and any new tracks.......

Looking at previous updates (excluding Christmas and 'emergency' patches) they tend to arrive around 25th to 27th of month.....

So a guess would be around that time with content notification a week or so before......

If as we suspect PD have a monthly schedule for the DLC they will be targeting a specific date each month as needs sign-off etc.

I suspect they won't give more advance notification as want to build anticipation each month and those that do usually are trying to sell a 'season pass'.

To date PD's DLC has .been free - will be interesting to see if that continues for both new cars to GT and any new tracks.......

I don't actually mind if it's paid DLC if there are new real world tracks in that DLC (Spa, Monza and Le Mans preferably)

The game is severely lacking tracks and some are just totally unusable online without it turning into chaos.

PD has always been pretty generous with free DLC and I love them for that but I would part with my money with no questions asked if a ''Track DLC" was announced.

I don't mind paying for some DLC, but I am concerned about incorporating that into Sport mode. Especially with tracks, would people be locked out of Sport mode races on new tracks if they didn't pay for it? I'm not sure how it works in other games, but it would be nice if the paid content doesn't exclude people from Sport mode races or give an advantage to those that purchased it.

I don't mind paying for some DLC, but I am concerned about incorporating that into Sport mode. Especially with tracks, would people be locked out of Sport mode races on new tracks if they didn't pay for it? I'm not sure how it works in other games, but it would be nice if the paid content doesn't exclude people from Sport mode races or give an advantage to those that purchased it.

A potential option is to have any paid DLC tracks cycle into daily Sport Mode races once in a while. Not the FIA championships, since those will be seasons, but the dailies could give players a taste of what they're missing out on. It'd encourage purchases too, since there'd be no way to practice the track offline.

Personally, I'd be fine with that. Free track DLC is obviously the best option if the goal is to avoid splintering the playerbase, but tracks require even more work than cars, and I like supporting devs for their hard work post-launch.

And arguably, the game needs tracks more than more rides, too.

50 cars and new tracks by March 18th isn't long. That's like 6 months worth of DLC too, I'll be surprised if it comes in one patch. End of the month, early Feb, seems the latest we can expect news. So much free content also seems unlikely, unless it's a precursor to a full season pass reveal.

High expectations of the community? Im sorry but even tough I enjoy the game the content is very limited and no wonder many people expect more content! New tracks are desperately needed. If you tell me that charging over 40 pounds for a game for this amount of content is acceptable take a look at CD Projekt Red and their Witcher 3. The amount of content and depth this game had in comparison with GT Sport is enormous. I know different types of games shouldn't be compared, however game developers should all be compared to this amazing game developing studio who produced one of the most detailed games ever created with average budget and few employees. They set standard with their free DLC's and updates. Its 2018, game developers should realise EVERYONE across different industries has higher expectations than they had 10 years ago. After all its our money that they want.

Kids nowadays! (Anyone under 25, bear with me, I'm having a grumble at you) No patience. When I was young there was no DLC. You only got what you bought, no fancy add-ons, hell the internet sounded like an angry Glaswegian and cut your phone off! A boob took 3 days to load and didn't even jiggle! Ever used a rotary phone? Where's my Werthers...? And my hair?

Kids nowadays! (Anyone under 25, bear with me, I'm having a grumble at you) No patience. When I was young there was no DLC. You only got what you bought, no fancy add-ons, hell the internet sounded like an angry Glaswegian and cut your phone off! A boob took 3 days to load and didn't even jiggle! Ever used a rotary phone? Where's my Werthers...? And my hair?

Almost all Games also shipped complete, free of Day One patches that almost every game relies on at this point.

We used to have to blow in the cartridge a few times too. So we could play Al Unser Jr's Turbo Racer!

Aside the cringy post, GT social media account (both Twitter and Instagram) has been post lots of screenshots of latest December DLC cars for couple of days. Maybe it is some kind of countdown hint for next update? 💡

Btw, here is my favorite posts so far :

Nice theory but it doesn't really work as they have posted all the last DLC cars on there and the update hasn't arrived yet. One thing I will say - I predict it will arrive sometime in the next 15 days :lol:

Back