when will Gran Turismo 6 online services be going offline?

• Thread starter Natedog001
  • 20 comments
Does Gran Turismo 6 go offline in April?

No - If it follows the same pattern as GT5, It won't go offline until about 6 months after Gran Turismo Sport has released - that hasn't happened yet, but is expected to be sometime in 2017. It is therefore possible that GT6 could go offline sometime around April 2018.

No - If it follows the same pattern as GT5, It won't go offline until about 6 months after Gran Turismo Sport has released - that hasn't happened yet, but is expected to be sometime in 2017. It is therefore possible that GT6 could go offline sometime around April 2018.
OK. I was told it goes offline this April. Thanks

Can't believe PD will do that. I play an arcade racing game called Blur that has nothing to do with PD or GT, but man, its servers until this very moment are online since almost SEVEN years ago (2010). And I'm talking about Activision.. maybe they forgot to unplug the cord..

Can't believe PD will do that. I play an arcade racing game called Blur that has nothing to do with PD or GT, but man, its servers until this very moment are online since almost SEVEN years ago (2010). And I'm talking about Activision.. maybe they forgot to unplug the cord..
Hahah

Considering gt sport is gonna be a completely different genre of game to gt6
I think it stupid that they would even consider shutting the servers down until 6 months after GT7 is released (sometime in 2029 i heard)

Completely? No more racing on line?

That maintenance was a week and a half ago and things came back up relatively soon after I posted. However I am now having issues with online club events and racing in lobbies that I never had before. Coincidence......doubt it. PD suffers from "Comcast syndrome" Whenever I see a Comcast truck in my neighborhood I know my cable is going to be screwed up for a few weeks.

That maintenance was a week and a half ago and things came back up relatively soon after I posted. However I am now having issues with online club events and racing in lobbies that I never had before. Coincidence......doubt it. PD suffers from "Comcast syndrome" Whenever I see a Comcast truck in my neighborhood I know my cable is going to be screwed up for a few weeks.

Actually I was referring to GT6 on line services being shut down when GT-sport finally comes out.
I appreciate your help though :)

Actually I was referring to GT6 on line services being shut down when GT-sport finally comes out.
I appreciate your help though :)
As with the shutdown of GT5's networking infrastructure, it seems likely that GT6's will be shut down but it does not seem likely that it will occur the moment GT Sport comes out.

Does anyone know if GT6 will add any more updates as there about a dozen more vision cars they have put into the game

Don't think so. The last update happened more than a year ago. New cars will be in GT Sport.
Thanks just hope they can keep the online features for another year Just got into the game in the last few months and only upgraded to 1.22 recently and enjoying the seasonals

After around a year of the anticipated release of Gran Turismo: Sport they will certainly close down the servers then since every GT player may or may not go into the next gen console just for that game. Also, since it will be on the PS4 I am going to suspect that they will need more server bandwidth than before. So, it may go down as quick as Gran Turismo 5's servers were going down.

After around a year of the anticipated release of Gran Turismo: Sport they will certainly close down the servers then since every GT player may or may not go into the next gen console just for that game. Also, since it will be on the PS4 I am going to suspect that they will need more server bandwidth than before. So, it may go down as quick as Gran Turismo 5's servers were going down.

I'm playing NFS Hot pursuit (2010) online currently.

Thanks just hope they can keep the online features for another year Just got into the game in the last few months and only upgraded to 1.22 recently and enjoying the seasonals
I haven't even opened mine, will do when they announce servers closure...then all day racing.

When the end comes there are only two things I ask they add/keep before they cut the cord:

1. Tire and fuel depletion in Arcade mode
  2. Access to the course maker and our tracks

The second is more or less owed to us for at least 2 years after GT6 ceases online life since the CM took that long to get here anyway.

shhhh.....

I was just thinking, with all the suppositions as to how long before the servers go offline, what the heck is wrong with PD, why can't they just tell everyone?

Back