Where have you been having your fun?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 544 comments
I have fun with career mode and quick races with Mclaren GT3 <3, all races withouth practice and qualifying, always starting from behind, I just make sure that the AI first place has the same average lap time than me, to make that possible I start the race but I wait about 30 seconds to run, once the rivals are far I start to run alone on the track as if I was practicing, 2 or 3 laps and I look my time, if the AI time is not more or less the same I adjust the AI skill and I repeat the process, but now that I know my lap time, I just wait for the second lap and I look the AI times. This process always takes me about 10-15 minutes but it's worth it because all the races are great and exciting, sometimes I get to the first place in 20min races in the last corner, or when I'm in first place, the AI improves her lap time and I have to start defending my position and in other occasions I do not even reach the podium haha but I always get fun in the middle of all vehicles. :D

Since when has the 6.8 AMG been this much fun? Was nowhere close to being fun in PC1. It handles like the 2002 Stanceworks, just heavier.

I have ignored most of the historic open wheelers up until now but have recently discovered the Lotus 72D. It's bloody brilliant around so many tracks but I have particularly enjoyed it around historic Spa and the Nordschleife.

FFXV

I again tried playing online...
I love it but the moment someone else opens any internet I'm getting continious disconnects, I'm done with the ai as I prefer real people to race. And no it's not my internetconnection first I have the fastest internet available in belgium and on top of that none of my other online games have this issue...

I'm getting to a point where I realise they're never going to look at tge netcode of this game, in which case this 'online' venture looks more anf more like a scam... It's been a couple of months now. Times up, get that stable netcode! If you (sms) can't do it hite some capable people in your firm as then I can finaly enjoy the beautifull things all of your other teams made!

Ow yeah please fire your netcode team...

FFXV

I love it but the moment someone else opens any internet I'm getting continious disconnects, I'm done with the ai as I prefer real people to race. And no it's not my internetconnection first I have the fastest internet available in belgium and on top of that none of my other online games have this issue...

I'm getting to a point where I realise they're never going to look at tge netcode of this game, in which case this 'online' venture looks more anf more like a scam... It's been a couple of months now. Times up, get that stable netcode! If you (sms) can't do it hite some capable people in your firm as then I can finaly enjoy the beautifull things all of your other teams made!

What do you mean by "as soon as someone else opens any internet I'm getting continuous disconnects"? Just not sure what you mean by "someone else".

What do you mean by "as soon as someone else opens any internet I'm getting continuous disconnects"? Just not sure what you mean by "someone else".

Friends and family. And anything they do it happens. Streaming fb an other game, fora.... If I want to have a consistent experience online I'll have to tell everyone 'pls stop your life the internet is mine and mine alone' which clearly isn't a good idea...

I have ignored most of the historic open wheelers up until now but have recently discovered the Lotus 72D. It's bloody brilliant around so many tracks but I have particularly enjoyed it around historic Spa and the Nordschleife.

Hi Daz - make sure you try both Lotus 49's and also the Lotus 25. The wingless 49 used to be almost undrivable in the first game, but now it is brilliant - try it before the winged version. They are very similar, but unsurprisingly the wingless version is looser at the back. If you use Rouen Les Essarts, which was sometimes used for the French GP in the 1960's, the back end comes round at high speed round one of the high speed corners - very satisfying when you get it right and the car stays on this narrow track. Both 49's and the 25 are excellent at Bannochbrae - you can get them sliding on the corner on the final bridge - again very satisfying when it really clicks.

Friends and family. And anything they do it happens. Streaming fb an other game, fora.... If I want to have a consistent experience online I'll have to tell everyone 'pls stop your life the internet is mine and mine alone' which clearly isn't a good idea...
have you tried a dedicated port just for you? Noob on dedicated anything but I am sure someone knows what I am talking about and add their input.

FFXV

Sorry to see that, i have maybe the worst internet connection in the netherlands and i have not the difficulties you describe.
I stream my session almost always, wife and kid on youtube, fora and the lot.

i have had 3 disconnects in 181 races.

Some firewall / routers support throtteling of network traffic, here are the communication ports for psn :
-------------------------------------------------------
These are the port number that all games published by SCEE, may use for communicating with the game server:

TCP Ports:
80, 443, 5223, and what we call the 'port range' which is 10070 - 10080

UDP Ports:
3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

These are the port numbers that the PlayStation Network will require to be open.

TCP Ports:
80, 443, and 5223

UDP Ports:
3478, 3479, and 3658
---------------------------------------------------------------

*Edit* 80 and 443 are web ports which also be used by the rest of the family, don't throttle them

Last edited:
I'm not sure what SMS can do about that. If you get disconnects or online performance problems when your family do stuff online then this feels like an issue that can only be tackled at your end, or perhaps by your internet service provider.

From my perspective my connection to PC2 online games is rock solid. My broadband is via Virgin Media in the UK. I run their provided router in "modem only mode" and use my own ASUS router. My PS4 is connected via ethernet as I don't trust wi-fi for gaming. I have been able to play online and streaming 60fps @1080p whilst Netflix and Spotify are being used in the house at the same time. No issues.

So my guess is that you have a significant problem with either your internet connection (your ISPs responsbility to fix) or your own local network has a fault which is likely down to you to troubleshoot and resolve. Good luck either way - internet connection issues are so frustrating.

Considering I've only just got my new TV & a 1X I've only been playing the demo, thrashing that 488 around the Red Bull Ring in the wet is where it's at for me.
Damn it looks good in 4k HDR. :)

Last edited:
Not sure why I haven't discovered the Red Bull Ring until recently. Had some very entertaining custom GT3/GT4 races on that track, over the past couple of days. Enjoying the Huracan GT3 too.

Been racing and tuning all of the GT3/GTE/GT4 cars. Still keep going back to Formula Rookie too. Can't seem to get enough of that car.

Mainly been messing around in the GTE spec cars, definitely the most fun I've had in this game so far.

Best race so far was when I tried taking the #97 AMR Vantage GTE around Donington Park in a GT multiclass (GTE V GT3) for 15 laps V 80 AI.

Most of the race went brilliantly, with me in constant battles for the first 12 laps while I worked my way up from 16th to 2nd, mainly going up against other Vantages and M6 GTLM's.

With just the ACT M6 ahead of me with 3 laps to go I was confident in a win but I kept the pressure on the leader as he was proving rather difficult to overtake. I got ahead on lap 13 but a mistake around one of the faster turns put me back down to 4th. I pushed the Aston as far as it could possibly go for the next lap and quickly caught the M6 coming up to the final sector of the final lap.

Overtook the 2nd place Pirelli M6 on the chicane under braking and was right on the ACT's tail as I was coming out of the sharp hairpin.

Final corner, final lap, and I dive up the inside and get ahead... but I cut the corner a little too much, with my left tyres on the grass the Aston struggled for grip coming out of the turn, the car spun and I lost 8 positions, finishing 9th.

May not have one the race but damn was that an incredibly fun event.

I've had a lot of exciting races lately in LMP3 and it doesn't seem to matter which car I'm driving. I do quick 10 lap races with no practice or qualifying and a random starting position. My last race at Red Bull Ring GP I won by under 2 seconds and the top 8 all had a fastest lap within 1 second of each other and I didn't have fastest lap.

I do quick 10 lap races with no practice or qualifying and a random starting position.
Given the disappointing career mode, this is basically how I've been spending my time with the game, but I wanted to share that I tend to leave it on 10 minutes instead of laps, which makes for consistent quick races without fiddling with the lap count every time I hop between shorter or longer tracks. :)

Though for rallycross it seems the AI ignores doing a joker lap if you do a timed race instead of laps.

After a Solo Practice and a couple multi-class GT-A/GT-B Rae's, I'm doing an IROC "series" with the 2.8 RSR.

12 cars. Using Sonoma GP and Daytona Road Course.
I'm also doing an IROC series with the Mustang Boss 302R GT4. Great fun on Ovals.

I recently started something called the “Blancpain GT World Series“. After seeing that first trailer of AC Competizione,i thought “That 488 Kaspersky at rainy Spa at night, you can have that right here, right now in PC2, on your console“. So what is that Blancpain World Series? It consists of 15 GT3 endurance races around the world. The car grid and the AI drivers change every time in free play, so i decided this is an pure manufacturer championship. This is such great fun i decided to do some kind of IMSA championship with the new 911 RSR as well!

I'm hoping to qualify for a 2.5hr race at Le Mans on Saturday so have been enjoying the track and figuring out which of the GTE cars is fastest on default setups (only tyres are permitted for tuning via pit strategy). Still not made up my mind as I'm not quite consistent enough yet to place one car ahead of another - the BMW ruled out already though as it is so slow on the straights.

Ford Capri Group 5 @ Bannockbrae.
5 lap sprint races, random rolling starts, full grid of AI @ 100/75, starting 3pm, 30x timescale so the sun has gone down by lap 4 :)
Had to turn full damage off for this 1, just trying to make it to darkness with any headlights left is a challenge. But it's so much bloody fun :) I cannot put this game down :)

Back