Where have you been having your fun?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 543 comments
Touring Cars @ Long Beach GP. AI @ 60/75 23 AI cars. 10 laps, random starting position. Races are always interesting and usually very fair.

Just finished a session of custom races driving the vintage Ferrari Daytona, Ford Mustang and Cheverlet Camaro around Fuji. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I am so very impressed with the improvements to the game since it came out. I played it for a short few hours when I bought it at release and didn’t like it at all. I also thought the graphics were terrible and a big step back from PCARS. But now my opinion has turned 180 completely since the updates. I also upgraded to a PS4 Pro and spent some time adjusting settings and all those things combined have delivered a game that I am super impressed with. I’ll be doing 3 hour sessions with it for the next 7 days because I’m enjoying it so much.

Jesse from The Fast Show
This week I are be mostly having fun
chucking the LMP2 cars around Spa. They were good fun before but dear lord, Spa finally makes sense to me now. Into Pouhon, top of 5th gear, slight lift of the throttle and a sharp flick of the steering wheel to the left. Floor it. Smile like a lunatic as the tyres dig in and you gently creep out to the very limits of the track before the car tightens up its line and slingshots you to the exit.

Utterly breathtaking and addictive as hell.

Pouhon is made for high down force cars. I understand how to take it like you said with that type of car but a GT or anything else and I have no idea. Hard braking? Turn in sharp? Iunno

^^^ ditto and that's part of why I just don't get on with Spa normally, none of the circuit makes sense to me. Jump into the LMP2 though and it's glorious, an absolutely wonderful car/track combo.

And then you drive the historic version and you see why Eau Rouge is so revered.

Also, I always see your avatar as a long blonde haired, bearded guy with sunglasses. Thought you should know.

chucking the LMP2 cars around Spa. They were good fun before but dear lord, Spa finally makes sense to me now. Into Pouhon, top of 5th gear, slight lift of the throttle and a sharp flick of the steering wheel to the left. Floor it. Smile like a lunatic as the tyres dig in and you gently creep out to the very limits of the track before the car tightens up its line and slingshots you to the exit.

Utterly breathtaking and addictive as hell.

Which LMP2 car? Tuned or Defaults? Because with both LMP2 cars I use, Ligier Nissan and Oreca, I have to moderately brake and go down into 4th and even then I'm probably straddling the outside kerb and I'm using soft tires.

Which LMP2 car? Tuned or Defaults? Because with both LMP2 cars I use, Ligier Nissan and Oreca, I have to moderately brake and go down into 4th and even then I'm probably straddling the outside kerb and I'm using soft tires.

Only need a slight lift and stay in 5th in the Nissan using the stock loose setup, same with the Judd and there suppose to be better with the new update.

I have been having fun running gto/gt4 cars on long beach great rhythm to it i think. Anyone looking to lobby up and shart around lmk add me on psn which is also TVVO_

Ligier Judd or Nissan. 100% default setup. You can also keep the throttle nailed in the Judd by popping it into 6th and then immediately dropping to 5th. It's highly addictive!

Ligier Judd or Nissan. 100% default setup. You can also keep the throttle nailed in the Judd by popping it into 6th and then immediately dropping to 5th. It's highly addictive!

Maybe my wheel has too much play in it or something because it just understeers like crazy through there but I can take Eau Rouge and the left at Blanchimont flat out with no trouble. I would love to try and do Pouhon without braking and dropping a gear because the AI just flys away from me there unless they hit me in the rear at the entrance. Maybe it's because they can do it like you do and I can't.

It sounds like it would be fun. IMSA used to be P2/P3/GTE/GT3 but they got rid of Prototype Challenge class this year and made them their own race. WEC is P1/P2/GTE but I don't like P1 so much. When doing multi-class I like to be in the middle so there's someone to pass and someone to look out for.

Just had a look at the Asian Le Mans series and as well as P2 & P3 they appear to allow both GTE and GT3 in their GT class (plus GT300 from Super GT) - no GT4 though.

I'm so disappointed with COTA. I was so happy to finally have it in a game and after getting to drive it myself I don't like the rhythm it has. It's different to actually drive it compared to watching trackside footage.

I took the Jaguar Group C to Sugo and then Watkins Glen. I expected to have a lot of trouble at the bus stop entry but keep it in 4th so the revs/torque stay at a manageable amount and drop down to 3rd on turn in for the big loop. I only used 2nd gear for the heel of the boot and sometimes on the toe if I'm braking deep for an overtake.

Last edited:
Just did a 2h 40 race at Spa with the ELMS classes. (P2/P3/GTE) Had a bit of rain in the middle. Damn that was fun. Ran out of fuel on the final straight but won by about 30 seconds. AI made a few rather unnecessary stops though. Was shaping up to be a fun closing battle as well.

30 minute sprint races @BRNO Circuit in the Group A Cossie with random changing weather & going dark towards the end.

I'm currently doing a Drive every Car on Every track layout challenge.

This is the 4th game I've done this on, I've done it on Forza 5, Project Cars 1 and Assetto Corsa..

Basically I pick a car at Random using text Mechanic each time using Text Mechanic.

After that I work my way down the list with each car, I always starts at Algarve and will finish at Zolder with each Car..At the moment I am just about to start Sugo with the Nissan GTR which was the very first car randomly picked..

Obviously all DLC cars get added to the list once they come out and any new tracks that get added to the game I drive all Cars that would have passed that point on it.

I started on November 10th last year and still have 92 Cars left in the draw so I think this will definetly take a year and a bit to complete.

But I'm having fun with it.. Admittedly I' more dedicated to it more days than others but I am eager to get it done. :)

I'm currently doing a Drive every Car on Every track layout challenge.

This is the 4th game I've done this on, I've done it on Forza 5, Project Cars 1 and Assetto Corsa..

Basically I pick a car at Random using text Mechanic each time using Text Mechanic.

After that I work my way down the list with each car, I always starts at Algarve and will finish at Zolder with each Car..At the moment I am just about to start Sugo with the Nissan GTR which was the very first car randomly picked..

Obviously all DLC cars get added to the list once they come out and any new tracks that get added to the game I drive all Cars that would have passed that point on it.

I started on November 10th last year and still have 92 Cars left in the draw so I think this will definetly take a year and a bit to complete.

But I'm having fun with it.. Admittedly I' more dedicated to it more days than others but I am eager to get it done. :)

How long are your runs then for each car / track combination?

Recently i falling in love with the p1gtr@Rouen Les Essarts :bowdown: Which is kinda funny cause a few weeks back i said this was one of the worst tracks i have ever encountered. :guilty:

Just goes to show never judge a track after just a few laps. :cheers:

I started liking that track after putting slower cars on it but once I learned it I sped things up a little. The short version is barely shorter and actually way more interesting to drive.

Decided to finally learn the nordschleife, avoided it like the plague for years because I couldn't be bothered to learn it because it's so long. Decided a slower race car would work best. The gt5 Ginetta is perfect! Great fun.
GT 4 was the first game i encountered this track and it took me over a month to finally learn it.

Decided to finally learn the nordschleife, avoided it like the plague for years because I couldn't be bothered to learn it because it's so long. Decided a slower race car would work best. The gt5 Ginetta is perfect! Great fun.
You won't regret the (time) investment. Once you can memorize all the corners, brakepoints etc you will also enjoy the environment. Play around with different weather slots (e.g. 8AM sunrise with a little fog). Enjoy!

Back