Where have you been having your fun?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 544 comments
I did the 3rd Porsche manufacturer race. Nurburgring GP Strecke in a 911 GT3 . Qualified 4th. Race was in the evening and light rain.

I took 1st place after half a lap. But the conditions were severe. The Audi GT3 and Aston GT3 were constantly on my tail. In lap 7 a took a corner to deep and ended up with my right wheels in the puddles. I spun :( but managed to gain 3rd. In lap 10 of 11 I managed to retake 1st position. But the Audi kept on pushing till the last inches.

I won and it felt awesome. I watched the entire replay.

This game is really really good.

Road C Cars, especially the Audi R8 V10 Plus on Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen Short, Sonoma Short and Mojave tracks. Also have been driving the McLaren F1, it's a fun car to drive and reminds me of being a kid playing Need for Speed 2 - first encounter with the F1. Really enjoy PC2.

Trying to find a good flow around CotA atm in the Corvette GTE.

Really struggling with it tbh, it's funny really how I find a better flow around the tight & twisty streets of Monaco compared to ultra wide purpose built race track :confused:

And the curbs really unsettle my car, I'm having to soften up the suspension to cope.

Today I have tried the Merc AMG GT3 for the first time since patch 5. Being a Merc fan, I am extremely happy that it is driveable now. Lot's of laps coming...

Trying to find a good flow around CotA atm in the Corvette GTE.

Really struggling with it tbh, it's funny really how I find a better flow around the tight & twisty streets of Monaco compared to ultra wide purpose built race track :confused:

And the curbs really unsettle my car, I'm having to soften up the suspension to cope.

I have a hard time with CotA in general. It just doesn't seem to have a good flow at all. When I drove it with GT4's the esses killed me with the weight transfer. Also the last few turns are awkward and again hard to find any kind of flow through. I love the hairpin up the hill, but the rest is rather forgettable for me at least.

I have a hard time with CotA in general. It just doesn't seem to have a good flow at all. When I drove it with GT4's the esses killed me with the weight transfer. Also the last few turns are awkward and again hard to find any kind of flow through. I love the hairpin up the hill, but the rest is rather forgettable for me at least.
Yeh, there are some sneaky weight transfer points on this track that you wouldn't think existed.

The amount of times I've slightly lifted off or tapped the brakes only to be sent into the wall thinking wtf.

But atm it's the curbs, they're really knocking my confidence around this track, I'm only getting a 2:09, the AI on 90/75 are getting 2:07 & guy's on youtube are running 2:04's or lower.

Yeh, there are some sneaky weight transfer points on this track that you wouldn't think existed.

The amount of times I've slightly lifted off or tapped the brakes only to be sent into the wall thinking wtf.

But atm it's the curbs, they're really knocking my confidence around this track, I'm only getting a 2:09, the AI on 90/75 are getting 2:07 & guy's on youtube are running 2:04's or lower.

I have a video of a 2:03 lap with the loose setup did manage a 2:02, might be able to help you with the lines and brake points.
I do like the flow of COTA espicialy T1 when you nail it.

For me, a 30X time progression race of 40 min+, starting at noon with a random track and random car, starting last in a 20 car grid is close to perfect. The AI will blast off ahead of you, you work on getting the car and track rhythm dialed in, gradually work your way through the pack as the evening turns into night, hopefully end up battling the leaders through the dawn hours.

Nirvana!

Finally started this game after picking it up last fall, and so far I’ve dabbled in career mode, but the most fun is creating my own offline events.

Running the classic LeMans track is the best thing I’ve come across in a long time. I’ve tried all 4 classic car classes, and even choosing the slowest class and constantly watching my rear view and staying out of the way is a blast. Wish I had played this game sooner.

It took a moment to figure out and tweak the camera settings, but once I got them dialed in, I don’t think I can go back to anything else. Like @Scaff said in one of his tutorials, it’s the Gold Standard for FOV on the PS4.

100% agreed. 👍

Blasting My 917 down the straight
I also use the group c and group 5 cars on the classic Le Mans track
I race with the 908 and vgta cars
And I love lapping Ferrari’s in my 917

I usually don’t like cockpit view in any game because too much screen real estate is sacrificed but in PC2 you can really narrow the FOV so it’s like you’re sitting in the dashboard. The view is splendid.

My preferred view is roof cam though.

Just relized the use of using the weather progression multiplier, always had it to sync with race.

Multi class, Ginetta GT5's and Ginetta Junior (I like the junior, easy to drive, no need for tunning so you can just set up and race).

Weather slots 4, light rain, fog, heavy fog, overcast and X60 progression.

Great variance in water levels over the tracks with drying lines and it doesn't over saturate the track with puddles, shows off live track very well.

Doesn't x60 mean each one lasts a minute? How long are the races you're doing?

I usually have it on sync to race and do like you, light rain followed by three dry variants. it never fully dries out but you get a line. My races are usually 20-30 minutes

Just done a 15 lap race at Watkins Glen short which took about 20 - 25 mins.

Not sure how long each one lasts (think it's quicker than a minute) but you need to pick a car the doesn't use wet tyres I found the AI couldn't make there mind up with tyre selection and pitted randomly when I tried with group 4 cars.
The tracks mainly wet all the time with only the drying line but it's like driving with various light showers.

Vintage GT-A is great as the default tire is what use in dry or wet. You don't have to change anything, just keep racing through the weather. Same with the vintage Lotus cars, maybe all vintage tires?

Vintage GT-A is great as the default tire is what use in dry or wet. You don't have to change anything, just keep racing through the weather. Same with the vintage Lotus cars, maybe all vintage tires?
Vintage Prototype A and B are the same thing. Those cars didn’t use slicks, so they don’t need rain tires.

Last night I started working on event settings for my 4hrs of Zhuhai, based off be Asian Le Mans event held there. Going to be running LMP2, LMP3, and GT3, myself in a Ginetta LMP3.

So far I’ve just done some practice sessions to work on the car and test AI settings. For the most part, things seem to working out well enough, although I have noticed the LMP3 cars aren’t very swift at lapping the GT3 cars...hope this doesn’t cheese the race for me.

The other issue I’m having is tire temps, like always. Trying to do the event at the actual date, which is in December. That said, the real event last year was hot as balls, dispite being in December. With the settings I have, track temp is at a measly 20’C, and even the soft tires with minimum pressures and fully closed brake ducts can’t get above 70’C. I think tonight I’ll just fudge the date and weather to get reasonable temps in the tires. It’s a shame, as it basically means trying the next round, at Fuji in late December is basically a no go.

Been messing around testing out this weather replay glitch I read about on the official forum, suppose it's ok if you get caught out in a sudden downpour with slick tyres on or just fed up with giant puddles staying to long (single player only). Other than that it kind of kills the thrill.

Started messing around in PC2 again last week or so. I finally managed to finish the WSCR series in Career, as I had played through a number of championships some months ago when I last played and then started on this one and burnt out. Got that out of the way and then didn't feel particularly enthused on doing more career stuff.. so I started trying out Multiplayer.

Very conflicted with this game. Is GT3/GTE the only thing anyone ever hosts? There's plenty of rooms, not many car type varieties, and the GT3 lobbies are the only ones with decent number of people in them. It's kinda annoying. I'm more interested in doing Vintage stuff I guess, and I want longer races with weather and day/night etc. Half the lobbies I join are ruined by some idiot just smashing into everyone at T1 on purpose.

Anyway, playing this in VR is great and the behavior of the cars and my inputs feels so much better than GT Sport.. except GT Sport has some actual matchmaking and daily races that I can just plop into if I want. It seems like some kind of online league is the only way I'd get something better in PC2 but I kinda just want to have.. less structured fun? By that I mean, lets have like a whole 6 race Vintage championship on 1 day, rather than having one race every couple weeks or whatever. I want multi-class racing. I want to just click a button in the game and I'm in some on-going group. Or I go into a room and idiots are kicked and banned immediately. UGGGHH what do I do..

Also, because I just started Multiplayer, my license rating thing is rock bottom and doing races seems to hardly effect it even though I'm running with much higher rated people at the front of the grid usually.

Edit: And they should update/add more of the Motorsports Preset events. Rather than it being "Endurance!" it should be a bunch of different decades of GT car types that are based in reality.

Last edited:
You touched in it by mentioned online leagues. Unfortunately it's the only way to really get what you want. There are plenty of like minded people on here so set one up yourself how you want it and people will come.

Do you have suggestions I guess? I was looking at that CanAm VRL but, again, the hurdle is just a bit too high for what I feel like doing at the moment. It didn't seem like the PC2 community on GTP is very active.

Back