Which car makes the best sound in GT5:P?

• Thread starter rampresin
  • 71 comments
My favorite sounds.
Viper SRT-10
Ford GT
Corvette Z06
Mustang GT
Jaguar XKR
Mercedes SL55 AMG

My worst ones.
Ford GTLM, the Corvette tuned and the Viper Tuned (From outside it sounds like a freaking V6:crazy:)
Ferrari V8's
Any 4 cyl engine.

and the audi tt.

my favourite is the xk

Yes, the old TT truly was a hairdressers car (the convertable in particular), infact, I believe the headrests had hairdryers (okay, neck-warmers, but still) built in XD.

And I agree on the sound of the XK, it's amazing :drool:

I think this shows the improvement of PD's sounds on the cars. I remember in GT3 and GT4 how whiney and weak some of the V8's were....and now, almost everyone's favorite car sound in this game is a V8.....however, I don't know why the tuned V8's in the game sound pretty weak in my opinion....

So kudos to PD for making them better...I still think some things are missing overall, but they've gotten better.

And with that, my faves:

1. Mine's Skyline: Pushing this car to the edge, and being able to hear the car get on and off the gas from a long distance as it echoes in a replay is just awesome.

2. Corvette Z06: Love the rawness of the car's exhaust

3. F40: Lower RPMs don't really do this car justice because once the turbo kicks in, this thing SCREEEAMS to redline.

Cars that bother me:

1. Viper GTS: I know it's not as powerful as the SRT-10's (which sounds great in the game), but it just doesn't seem like it sounds like it's real life counterpart to me, and just sounds a little weak for a V10 IMO.

2. Tuned Viper, Tuned Vette, and Tuned Ford GT: I don't know...it just seems like these cars should sound MORE raw and deadly after they've been tuned compared to the stock counterpart...but that's just me.

3. Audi R8: Ok, to me it sounds kinda close....but I feel like the engine is more heard than the exhaust, which makes the car not sound as powerful, and when driving this car, it almost sounds like i can hear the revs changing every couple of seconds. What i mean is that it's not smooth or mixed together well. I don't know how to explain it, but maybe you all know.

As I said, I think there's still some work to be done, but all in all, if the sounds stayed the same for GT5, it wouldn't take too much away from it...but any improvements would be welcome.

To be honest I dont think very many cars in GT5P sound very much like there real life counterparts. While I have never driven most of the cars in the game,the sounds of the Ferraris are VERY lame. I have heard some Ferraris in person and they sound so much better. Most of the Tuned cars sound like V6s to me. But a few actually are pretty good like the hated tuned Clio, The Amuse S2000, and the California. I very much hope GT5 is beter.

My worst ones.
Ford GTLM, the Corvette tuned and the Viper Tuned (From outside it sounds like a freaking V6:crazy:)

That's where you're wrong, from the outside it sounds like a 4cyl with a fart can on it. V6s sound good so long as you have a proper exhaust, not just the loudest thing you can find.

Last edited:
They sound good from the interior and if you're looking behind while you're on chase cam. It looks like the exhaust is really changing the sound. 🤬 the fart cans:yuck:

So many, but i'll try to shorten it

Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
Ferrari F430
Ferrari F40
Lotus Elise 111R Tuned
Mine's BNR34
Honda NSX Type R
Audi R8
Ford GT

To be honest I dont think very many cars in GT5P sound very much like there real life counterparts. While I have never driven most of the cars in the game,the sounds of the Ferraris are VERY lame. I have heard some Ferraris in person and they sound so much better. Most of the Tuned cars sound like V6s to me. But a few actually are pretty good like the hated tuned Clio, The Amuse S2000, and the California. I very much hope GT5 is beter.

i agree the ferrari sounds are rubbish in this game as is the ferrari driving experience. at least for me, they either understeer or oversteer too much

GT5p makes the F430's engine sound too clean and soft and quiet. It's supposed to be loud and dirty.

Every car sounds too clean, soft and quiet in the game.
The Ferraris need to sound more dirty like every other car in the game.
But the sound characteristics are right.

i agree the ferrari sounds are rubbish in this game as is the ferrari driving experience. at least for me, they either understeer or oversteer too much

Yeah I was surprised that Ferrari let PD portray there cars so poorly.

Like I said in an earlier post no, But I have in person heard many start up and pull away, an F430 for one the car sounds wicked bone stock, an F40 sounds like a racecar. In GT they sound like a spiced up V6.

Nah, not because of the sound (like i said GT5Ps sound in general lacks), but because of this:
rubbish in this game as is the ferrari driving experience. at least for me, they either understeer or oversteer too much

I want to know why the Z06 sounds like a blender from the outside, it sounds a lot smoother and beefier IRL.

I Feel that the Wrx/Sti needs working i mean, it has a high pitch sound.. Thats not how and Sti should sound. :/

well, I just spent some time watching a targa road rally, and actually, the STI's were high pitched. The thrumming noise comes from a worked exhaust, but the stock sound (as what was on the Targa car) actually replicates it quite well.

Paulie: Ohhh I don't know. It was actually the noise of the Z06 that made me buy one over a Viper in the earlier stages of the game. To me, that thing sounds TOUGH and exactly what an LS7 should be like. I have heard one in real life and I can't complain tooo much about it - although I reckon the real life one was less smooth.

And as for the talk on the Ferraries - The F40 and 599 I great IMO. The F430 sounds alright, but it's real life counterpart sounds much more monotonic and savage. Look it up on Youtube with an older Top Gear episode to see what I mean.

Last edited:
i have never driven a ferrari myself,but i do work close to the ferrari service centre and those cars sound nowhere near like in real life as in gt,the f430 is the most impressive,it sounds so mean,loud and scary in real world.I always believed thet gt never did justice with the car sounds as much as other games have.Some cars sound much more nicer in other games than in gt,for example the gt-r sound much better in other games but in gt it just a washing machine with twin turbos.

no i wouldn't but i believe its a hairdresser's car,convertibles and hard tops are for girls

See, this is an issue that I have with a friend of mine. We always argue over this.

It's a hair dresser's car depending on what it's meant to do. The golf cabriolets etc are instant HD cars. The A3 cab, A4 cab (not the Rs4 cab) The 135 cab..etc.

But where it gets difficult is, say, a 3 series. A 325 cab is a HD car because it's cruisy - but an M3 cab isn't because it's a hard core sports car.

Saying that everything convertible is an HD car is rubbish. What about an Elise? What about the Zonda F roadster? what about the Veyron cab?

look i understand your dilemma,my girlfriend has an m3 cab,i have only driven it couple of times when its dark,it depends what age group you are in.A middle age man would probably be more suitable to drive a cab but you would rarely see a young bloke behind the wheel of a cab no matter how many turbos or cylinder it has,it still is a topless car and thats the whole point,only if you are trying to prove anything or trying too hard you should let the whole world see what shirt you are wearing

DUUUUUDDEE..if you have access to an M3, drive it and feel good. I wouldn't care if I had a poo brown M3 - it's an M3. I see guys driving M3 Cabs with the roof down all the time. Trust me, no one notices. You're the first person I have spoken to so embarassed of driving a cab because of what other will think of you. It's really not as bad as you think.

I would be embarrassed about driving a golf cab, but it's an M3 first, a cad second.

you are probably right but see sydney is different and i have felt the m3,boy its fast like lightning,i really don't care about other people but my mates always giving me the stick and i agree with you on the golf cab

Back