Which new or returning car are you most looking forward to giving a spin?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 69 comments
United States
United States
Probably the BAC Mono for me. Love a lightweight sports car.

(List here in blue and purple)

Am I odd that I don't just drive GT cars for fun? I don't find the physics rewarding enough for just lapping for the sake of lapping.

I enjoy all the other aspects of GT, racing, collecting, liveries and photos etc.

So to answer your question.. None of them. :boggled:

Edit to add, perhaps GT7 will change this with improved Physics. So to answer you question in this case.. All of them.

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa have some awesome ones and Project Cars 3 even have N2 racers. Awesome stuff. Hope PD bring back the GT300 version and N2 widebody, to add to the enjoyment of the hachiroku.
18F0C198-2CDA-4F50-BA0C-C57D69BFC4F4.jpeg

726432CB-E27F-449C-8934-02D9B78F7C02.jpeg

Cars from 1971(BMW CSLs, Hakosuka and 300 SEL) will be my flavour. Plus the Gr.4 Supra and Gr.4 Genesis. Looking forward to getting at those. I‘ll have to see what else we get on debut, before picking that one car.

New road car: Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R
Returning road car from GTS: Toyota Corolla Levin
Returning road car not seen in GTS: Nissan Skyline GT-R (KPGC10)

This is especially with all the new customization options we're reportedly getting.

New race car: Genesis VGT Gr.1 (Mostly since my dad drives a 2018 G80 Sport.)
Returning race car from GTS: BMW Z4 GT3
Returning race car not seen in GTS: Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM

New concept car: Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT
Returning concept car from GTS: BMW VGT (Hopefully it'll have a cockpit view this time?)
Returning concept car not seen in GTS: Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (At least, if we assume that it's going to based on the original Ford GT concept and not the production-spec Ford GT.)
Oh goddamn yes. While still not confirmed I can't see GT7 without the TS020. That beauty in premium quality of today's standard, what a dream.
If the TS020 isn't there at launch, then I'm positive it'll come via a content update.

Last edited:
I have two that really stick out to me on the new car list so far.

Corvette C4 ZR1 - Fairly inexpensive early game car, seems like its going to be a really fun car to mod as you progress through the game.

BMW 3.0 CSL 1971 - I'm a sucker for any old BMW, which explains why I own an 1986 E30 IRL. Really hope we get a 2002 at some point.

Last edited:
WILLYS JEEP :D

Also, it's not yet confirmed but I hope it's in the game (the Barker Mercedes is the winner in 2017 so good chance they've modelled this one too).

So many, the vintage Alfa 8C, the Mangusta... There are some cars I just want to lap everywhere, like the GR Yaris and Honda 2&4 in GTS. Not sure what my next heavy test driver will be until I play, possibly the F8 Tributo, but probably a slower car not yet announced.

Merry Christmas! 69 days to GT7!

Returning concept car not seen in GTS: Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (At least, if we assume that it's going to based on the original Ford GT concept and not the production-spec Ford GT.)
Evidence seems to exist that the remastered Ford GT LM Race Spec II is/will be based on the production model:
1640426710018.png

The car on the PSN avatar has production headlights. Compare the concept and production headlights:
1640426840393.png

1640426880302.png

My profile picture answers the question of this thread. Can't wait to drive it, feel it and make liveries on it.

The 1999 R34 JGTC is my favorite year of my favorite model of my favorite racing series, it's literally perfection. I actually cried when I first saw it in front of the Supra on the September trailer.

I wasn't ready to see this car coming back, it was a shock. It hit different than the JGTC Supra, because this one was way more obvious that it would return.

Last edited:
My profile picture answers the question of this thread. Can't wait to drive it, feel it and make liveries on it.

The 1999 R34 JGTC is my favorite year of my favorite model of my favorite racing series, it's literally perfection. I actually cried when I first saw it in front of the Supra on the September trailer.

I wasn't ready to see this car coming back, it was a shock. It hit different than the JGTC Supra, because this one was way more obvious that it would return.
We definitely need a JGTC-era Honda NSX to complete the trio, since we already have a late-90s Supra and Skyline GT-R.

(On a side note, I’m hoping the Honda HSV-010 returns from the PS3 era, too.)

I'm loking forward to driving the 911 GT1 which is new to the series, I've always loved that car.

As far as returning cars go, the 155 V6 Ti and the CLK-LM are both cars I loved watching racing in the 90's and tend to gravitate towards in racing games when they are present.

I'm loking forward to driving the 911 GT1 which is new to the series, I've always loved that car.

As far as returning cars go, the 155 V6 Ti and the CLK-LM are both cars I loved watching racing in the 90's and tend to gravitate towards in racing games when they are present.
I'm definitely looking forward to those three you've mentioned. I just wonder where the CLK-LM will end up, class-wise? I highly doubt it'll be Gr.3, even if other GT1 cars like the '95 F1 GTR are in there. Meanwhile, Gr.2 or even Gr.1 seem much likelier, especially as some of the CLK-LM's other competitors, like the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 or the Toyota GT-One (TS020), raced as prototypes later on. I'd say the same of any other late-90s GT1 cars, including the confirmed BMW-powered F1 GTR Longtail, or the Nissan R390.

Meanwhile, we've seen footage that confirms the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti is going to be placed in Gr.4. Considering that the JGTC-era Supra and Skyline GT-R were initially seen racing with it, maybe they also would be placed in Gr.4, but I'm really not sure. I do think that if the Mercedes-Benz 190E Evo II Race Car returns, then it'll definitely be placed in Gr.4 with the 155, as I believe those two are much more comparable than either one is to a late-90s JGTC machine.

Here's hoping that PD can either sort out the licensing issues for older DTM cars (especially now that the series is basically another GT3 series) or can create some made-for-game racers for Gr.2, especially with how small it seems at the moment when it comes to automakers. I'd definitely pick a contemporary racer from each of the three major German marques, plus the Aston Martin Vantage DTM.

Last edited:
I'm definitely looking forward to those three you've mentioned. I just wonder where the CLK-LM will end up, class-wise? I highly doubt it'll be Gr.3, even if other GT1 cars like the '95 F1 GTR are in there. Meanwhile, Gr.2 or even Gr.1 seem much likelier, especially as some of the CLK-LM's other competitors, like the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 or the Toyota GT-One (TS020), raced as prototypes later on. I'd say the same of any other late-90s GT1 cars, including the confirmed BMW-powered F1 GTR Longtail, or the Nissan R390.

Meanwhile, we've seen footage that confirms the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti is going to be placed in Gr.4. Considering that the JGTC-era Supra and Skyline GT-R were initially seen racing with it, maybe they also would be placed in Gr.4, but I'm really not sure. I do think that if the Mercedes-Benz 190E Evo II Race Car returns, then it'll definitely be placed in Gr.4 with the 155, as I believe those two are much more comparable than either one is to a late-90s JGTC machine.

Here's hoping that PD can either sort out the licensing issues for older DTM cars (especially now that the series is basically another GT3 series) or can create some made-for-game racers for Gr.2, especially with how small it seems at the moment when it comes to automakers. I'd definitely pick a contemporary racer from each of the three major German marques, plus the Aston Martin Vantage DTM.
I think there's a screenshot somewhere showing the CLK-LM in Gr.2. As for the 155 racing the JGCT Super and GT-R, I wouldn't place too much stock on which cars are racing which in cinematic trailers, that could well have just been to build hype on nostalgia of those three cars.

It might not represent an actual race that appears in the final game and if it does, there's no way to know if the 155 has had any upgrades added (bigger turbo etc.)

It would make sense to me for the other two cars to be in Gr.3 but that's just my personal feeling, someone with actual lap time data might be able to confirm if Gr.4 is more approriate, but I'd expect them to be faster than the 155.

Last edited:
List of cars I really look forward to giving a try right off the top of my head are:

Mercedes CLK LM: Being able to drive this with a wheel will be so much fun, sure I did this with Project CARS 2 BUT its worth pointing out that was the Le Mans Specific car (Which sounds like this) while the one PD has modelled is the FIA GT Version (Which sounds like this) so for me its gonna be both an interesting comparison as well as just a welcome sight of one of my favorite cars from GT4 returning. And as mentioned in another thread, I've gotta recreate the 1:18 scale model I have.

Ford GT GTE: First off, finally an actual contemporary competitor for the 911 RSR as opposed to a sketchy proxy (Which means no more awkward usage of the Ford GT Test Car). Secondly, it'll be another interesting car to try having driving in once again one other game. Also hoping they nail the off-throttle sound this car has (Which may be too much considering they didn't do that for the Mercedes-AMG W08).

Castrol TOM's Supra GT: Obviously as abit of a Toyota fan, I've got know how this car is after only experiencing it with a controller in previous iterations. That and from a wheel a perspective after throwing around the 2008 JAF Super GT cars and the 2016 Class 1 Super GT cars, gotta know how the old original JGTC cars feel (Same goes for the Pennzoil NISMO GT-R).

Ford Shelby GT350R: As a fan of the original and having loved this in real life when it raced (and kinda still does as the GT4), I obviously gotta give this a go. That and should there not be a GT350R-C, well obviously gotta recreate that as well.

Porsche 911 GT1 Straßenversion: Having never driven this in literally anything due to not having the games it was in (or ANY PC mods because either they just didn't work or were on sims I simply couldn't run), its one of those I finally get to give a proper go at. Its also something I hope benefits ALOT from the tuning and livery editor because boy do I have some ideas already.

Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI: Another car I love seeing return and with how much my love for older machinery has grown purely for just how different they tend to be, the desire to give it a go just goes that further up. Now to find what livery isn't gonna be overused to death because good god does this car tick several overused classic livery boxes and that's just in the 1995 season :lol:

Pretty there are several more that I just need to remind myself, but that's the first few off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Mercedes CLK LM: Being able to drive this with a wheel will be so much fun, sure I did this with Project CARS 2 BUT its worth pointing out that was the Le Mans Specific car (Which sounds like this) while the one PD has modelled is the FIA GT Version (Which sounds like this) so for me its gonna be both an interesting comparison as well as just a welcome sight of one of my favorite cars from GT4 returning. And as mentioned in another thread, I've gotta recreate the 1:18 scale model I have.
The cars raced in the 1998 GT1 (from the 3rd race on) and 1998 Le Mans are the exact same though, with the same engine sound.

The C4 ZR-1 for sure. Such an underappreciated legend, can't wait to see what it's all about. (other than powerslides!) Hoping the C6 and C7 ZR1s will join it sooner or later!

As for returning cars, I'd love to sample the Amemiya FD and Huracán GT3, simply because I'm eager to see how GT7 will handle default suspension settings, and how MR cars will handle. Both are notoriously bad in GTS, hope they'll be more true to life in the sequel.

It's hard for a topic like this to not veer into a wishlist, I know. I'm currently on the fence on whether I should buy GT7, but if PD includes a production Cayman GT4 or a Spirit R RX-8, I'll preorder the game IMMEDIATELY.

The cars raced in the 1998 GT1 (from the 3rd race on) and 1998 Le Mans are the exact same though, with the same engine sound.
All the footage I've seen seems to suggest otherwise. Granted the FIA GT one I'm mainly going off the car that's appeared at Goodwood as its the one that shows up the most and is in the best quality but the one that raced at Le Mans seems to sound much deeper.

Just from that admittingly not all great clip, that sounds nothing like this:

And even listening to a meh quality clip from said 3rd round Hockenheim, still not hearing that deep roar:

Last edited:
All the footage I've seen seems to suggest otherwise. Granted the FIA GT one I'm mainly going off the car that's appeared at Goodwood as its the one that shows up the most and is in the best quality but the one that raced at Le Mans seems to sound much deeper.

Just from that admittingly not all great clip, that sounds nothing like this:

And even listening to a meh quality clip from said 3rd round Hockenheim, still not hearing that deep roar:

That's just up to video quality quality, angles, etc.

The CLK-LM has one only ever raced in one engine spec.

Last edited:
Back