Who is still actively playing?

• Thread starter jackman454
  • 176 comments
I will be now. Just finished GT1 so now I'm starting on this. Loved it when it first came out and been searching for it for ages. Dug my PS2 out just to pkay them both.

Usually pull the game out about once in a while to play some of my favorite cars & tracks that have been forgotten.

Loaded a custom savegame on my PS3 for GT1 and 2 so I get all cars/licenses/money etc. :sly: Still play it occasionally (not much anymore) just to mess around with the Escudo and Espace F1 lol :dopey:

Recently put a lot of my stuff into the loft for storage and then I realised I'd put GT2 up there with it. So I've just bought another copy from eBay and I'm using a game save so I can just try out any car I fancy and hopefully capture some screens to add to my flickr account. Will have to set up my camera to record video and export individual frames from iMovie, but it's worth the effort. It was a shame that more of the cars from this game weren't added in standard quality for GT5. I'm thinking of cars such as the XJR and Subaru Forester S-Turbo.

im lucky to still have this and now im still playing in my ps3 using the greatest hits version

I got this game last month and I am really enjoying it, more than gt5 even. How many other people still actively play this game?

MEE!!! I just joined the forum.! Me and my friend have been playing GT2 for a long time now. In my PSX times i didnt enjoyed this game that much, but now im really into it. Hope i get to know some other players around here! :)

Anyone know how to drive more cars in arcade mode? it's divided in different classes, each has very few cars!

Playing "Road Race" in arcade mode can unlock new cars to use only in Arcade mode. I just unlocked the RUF CTR 2.
Here's a link explaining which cars you get on each race ;)

http://www.formulanone.org/gt2/cars/arcade.htm

Anyone know how to drive more cars in arcade mode? it's divided in different classes, each has very few cars!

You can unlock new cars for Arcade Mode by winning certain "Road Races" in Arcade Mode. Here's a link when you can see which cars you get with each race ;)

http://www.formulanone.org/gt2/cars/arcade.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Im playing on ps3, i completed it 100%, just need to get some cars wich means i have to do some endurance races again... and its finished. enyoying it

Hello gang...I'm back yet again.

Still gonna be playing. Probably more so as I'm going away to uni in the next week, and won't be taking my top-level consoles and wheels and stuff with me. It'll literally just be a PS2 and a controller. Time for a return to the oldskool of GT2...where I STILL have unfinished business a whole 13 years after I first started playing. :mischievous:

Cool! Let me know if you're up to any cooperative testing of cars/tracks if you're going to get into that sort of thing.

Sometimes it feels like the day I got [size=+1]GT2[/size] and started playing it was the happiest day of my life. Well, perhaps not the happiest day, but the time at which my general overall happiness was last at a peak.

I'm actually pretty proud to admit that I do indeed, still play Gran Turismo 2. I really couldn't think of a better racing game for the original Playstation. I much prefer it over the newer Gran Turismo games!

I've been playing GT2 quite a lot recently.

I've been attempting a no / minimal buy play through. I started with MadMax86's all gold licences save and have been seeing how far I can get only using prize cars and with a minimum of upgrades.

Obviously, the one-make races are almost all out, but the rest of the races are very much doable. It's loads of fun doing "if I take the prize from race A and use it in race B, I can use the prize from that in races C and D..." The only tricky ones are the lower hp, single drivetrain races...

Another great thing about GT2... there's a 1001 ways to play it! I've also done the least cost/most profit playthrough, role playing as though I'm poor to start with, like the old write-ups Parnelli and others used to do.

One "problem" with GT2 is how easy it is to win the game using overpowered cars. Of course this problem is easily fixed. One of my other favorite styles of playthrough is where I don't let myself use a car that wins a race the first time I try it, also watching to make sure that I have neither more power (I don't easily pull away from the field on a straight, actually they should be able to slightly out accelerate me) nor more grip (I shouldn't be able to get away with diving inside the other cars through the corners without coming out slower and getting passed after the exit) so that in order to win a race, I have to drive aggressively and cleanly, and it should take 3-4 tries to win.

Finally I just "finished" one of my favorite games.

Well, what I meant was just unlocking both the simulation and arcade mode credits. There are other races that I still haven't competed in, and I haven't even finished any of the endurance events - when I entered the one at Laguna Seca, I found out it's gonna be 90 laps, then I was like, "Whoa, this would consume too much of my time. Better do this one another day." I exited immediately.

I didn't have the opportunity to finish it when I was a kid - one of the I-B license tests caused the game to stop responding when I entered it - it was the first one featuring the Viper GTS. (I believed that the problem was particularly with the car, because the game also stopped when I tried to see it via the Dodge dealership, but actually it was fine in the arcade disc - I managed to race against it several times) I couldn't enter some of the events then. I still remembered repeatedly racing my red RS200 in one of the Grand Touring Car races at Red Rock Valley Speedway, and reselling the Daishin Silvia again and again for easy money so I could buy and experience the cars I was interested in, especially those which were not available in arcade mode.

So I used "other means" to play GT2 again this time. I didn't use the copy from my childhood.

It felt good to finally get through the game and unlock the credits. It always seemed that something was missing in my experience of Gran Turismo 2. I really felt that it's one of my favorite games, without doubt, but there was always this disorienting feeling that lingered inside, knowing that it was a limited experience because of my somehow broken copy. I just wanted to re-experience it again, but with a sense of utter fulfillment.

I only managed to buy three cars in my playthrough this time, two were used, and one was new. The first one was my 1986 MR2 in Blue Mica, which was also my first car when I played the simulation mode during my childhood. Another one was an Impreza STI Type R Ver. IV. Then the Ford RS200. I did manage to race a lot in the bonus cars I earned. Yes, I did use overpowered, superior cars in some races, giving me unfair advantages. But still, it finally felt good to be able to fully experience Gran Turismo 2 at last.

I just got 100% completion on the game a few days ago, and I'm still so happy about it! It was the proudest day of my life in terms of gaming! GT2 was always so special to me in that it always managed to keep me challenged, thrilled, and so excited to race, ever since I was a little 4-year-old moron who would drive the wrong direction on the course for no reason :lol:. That continuous, undying thrill is what still keeps me playing today, except that I actually try to race, of course :sly:.

I just started yesterday, as my previous best was to day 45 with a Celica, I decided to use a walkthrough. SO, yes, I'm actively playing. :D

Started it again recently, driving a Subaru Forester in the beginning of the career (when I just got the money for it). This is challenging...
Also, I won't use the bugs for easier walkthough this time, which means I'll be using only a cabrio to compete in the cabrio cup, only a muscle car for the muscle cup, etc.
And the Forester for the wagon cup. :)

I just got 100% completion on the game a few days ago...

How did you manage that... only ever managed like, 98%... and that was with going in in German and buying the Opel to enter the Opel event... I thought it was bugged, or did I miss something?

Loved GT2, it still holds the most nostelgia for me... the RM was amzing on all the different cars!

How did you manage that... only ever managed like, 98%... and that was with going in in German and buying the Opel to enter the Opel event... I thought it was bugged, or did I miss something?

Loved GT2, it still holds the most nostelgia for me... the RM was amzing on all the different cars!

Sorry for the really late reply, I haven't been on in a while. Did you beat all of the event generator races? Those go towards completion percentage too, even though no trophies show up by them.

I just started playing GT2 again on that thing were not supposed to talk about on here, and i must say I forgot how much fun it really is. I've got 100% completion and 2 memory cards worth of cars. Still haven't finished arcade mode though.

Same here - just started GT2 from scratch again and it's really fun to drive so many different cars on tracks like Red Rock Valley (which was one of my all-time-favorites...). And I still like re-doing all the licenses till I get 60 golds

Latest Posts

Back