• 53 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
Will the PS2, GameCube, or Xbox dominate the next generation of consoles?

Game cube has low specifications so that will turn out crappy for nintendo. Sony is goinhg very good so far with over 10 million PS2s sold in the US. Xbox Im not too sure of but its system specifications are pretty good.

I think Xbox will dominate with Sony a close second.  Microsoft has so much marketing power and so many developers, and the Xbox is also (supposed) to be easier to develop for.

I think microsoft is buying its way out. PS2 was supposed to get Abes Oxoddus or something like that. I think Bill also bought out the Matrix and DOA3. This is not the right way to develop games. I think some developers might not be too happy about this. I hope they make a bleem for xbox.

Quote: from Evolution Racer on 10:14 pm on June 18, 2001[br]...I hope they make a bleem for xbox.
An emulator that runs on Xbox or an emulator that runs Xbox games on another system?

I'd say Microsoft would stomp on that faster than Sony could issue a press release, unfortunately.  :(

Quote: from Evolution Racer on 3:49 pm on June 19, 2001[br]But why make consoles when he can make better computers?

To make more money!  :D

he has over 50 billion dollars. there are a million millions in a billion. If I had that kind of cash I'd probally be able to make 10 tracks and buy over 500 cars and still have a lot of cash. :embarrassed:

I think Xbox is good though. hope it doesnt have windows bugs.

I'm not sure if he's a racing enthusiast or not.  He might have been renting the yacht or something.

He is a car enthusiast. I know he owns a Porsche 959 which is illegal in the US.

Why is he making a console ? Because new consoles like the PS2 are stealing PC customers because of their high spec so Bill has to get his foot in the market to win back sales.

Quote: from Phil on 8:31 am on June 20, 2001[br]He is a car enthusiast. I know he owns a Porsche 959 which is illegal in the US.
Cool.  See?  He's not that bad, Evo Racer.  :)

Yes, except he has a little bit of a bad background. What i mean is by Windows program. Cause he stole the idea from apple. But I dont really care of apple cause their computers are so crappy that you cant upgrade them. And my Jr. High still has MACs.

True, but Steve Jobs (Apple's CEO) first stole the idea from the Xerox corporation.  MS's first operating system, DOS, was purchased from a small company back in the day.  The old company called it QDOS, for Quick-and-Dirty-Operating-System.  :D

Xerox is really the one who started a lot of stuff.  Including the mouse (and look at my mouse, I think it says...Microsoft?).  :)

Yeah that's what a lot of people think.  They have a very interesting history, actually.

Quote: from Jordan on 11:08 am on June 19, 2001[br]I'd say Microsoft would stomp on that faster than Sony could issue a press release, unfortunately.  :(

naw, you've got to remember that it is Microsoft, its going to be soooo easy to break codes..

I believe that X-Box will strive ahead in the video game market because of all the future upgrades that will have available and the already built in broadband. Also, if you have seen any pics of Halo, you know that's going to be one hell of a game. X-Box also has unbelievable power.

Don`t get me wrong i love my PS2 but,from what i`ve looked at the xbox will be the one to beat in a year or so.Most of the specs double that of any other system.If they can market it right and if the game developers will use it to its fullest.Still, i think most will stick with sony if they already have one.Most of us just can`t afford to have two high dollar systems.

WHAT ??? ABLE OR NOT ABLE TO BUY IT ??? Just buy the Xbox ... It'll cost less - alot less - then when the PS2 came out. It kicks PS2 ass and all the rest of the consoles ain't even worthy of being called 'players' ...

I luv my PS2 but when Xbox Arrives it has to make room for the green power !!

The X-box will be easier to develop for, but it's based on a relatively ancient architecture. And don't let the MHz fool you, the PS2 is still faster.

Microsoft has to overcome both it's image as an evil empire, and the sheer momentum of Sony; PS2s got a head start and have a proven record in the console market.

To the next person that quotes specs, remember that most Americans don't understand them and as a result, they fall back on big number good when shopping. Why do you think that VW sells so many VR6s when the 1.8T has better performance, HP, economy, and price? Bigger number of cylinders and bigger number of cc's/cubic inches.

The main factor i think is going to be online gaming.
and the specs for the Xbox are geared for this more than
what the PS2 is infact i would say that the PS2 is a
stop gap until we finally get Digital phone lines laid down.

If i'm right i think you Yanks are ahead of us Brits as far as
this is concerned :(

Roll on the days when we can have realtime races with a full
grid all slugging it out, then we could race a whole series in
one whole evening :cool: 😈

Shaun.

the thing that is letting sony down greatly is that it is letting the x-box TAKE all its games sony aint giving a fight for the games the x-box puts in an offer and gets games like doa3 abes oddesy and so forth this means that you wont have to wait ages for brand new games to be released and story lines put in as sequeals of other already well known games will be out for example ..we didnt have to wait very long for gt3 and other sequeals for ps2 but we are waiting far longer for the likes of the getaway and other brand new games which take far longer to produce as they are starting from scratch ..i think if sony wants to stand a chance as the top console and keep its title they have to fight a bit more for the likes of games!

Originally posted by Evolution Racer
he has over 50 billion dollars. there are a million millions in a billion

If I'm not mistaken, I thought there were 1k millions in a billion. there's 1m millions in a trillion, and even the kings of the mid-east Oil Countries have that much, do they?

I think that X-Box and PSII will be about equal. Looking at how PSII has done so far, there's too many families that will NOT trade in their brand-new or just-like-new PS2 just to get an X-Box. I mean, all of the xbox games are going to be on computer too....

Back