Who's Still Playing?

Wolfe:

Out of curiosity, do you play FM4/Horizon with a wheel or controller? Sim or Normal steering? What about deadzone and max range settings? Assists or no assists? I'd have to say, playing PC games for nearly 2 decades, there isn't any sim on a console at the moment that rivals the depth and hardcore realism of PC sims. FM4 is still however, what you'd expect to be an accurate depiction if you want to call it, of a fast moving car and how physics and gravity affect it. If they had made the handling any more hardcore or sim-like, it may not have appealed to the major lot gamers out there.

You don't tune in FM4? Buddy, you are seriously missing out. It's the perfect set up on any given track, that really makes your car shine. Experiment with the suspension settings, tire pressures, LSD, and individual gear ratios... you'll see how significantly it affects performance and handling. Though, the damage model is a bit overzealous and it's quite hard around certain turns to avoid the AI cars, unless you want to give up your position completely.

As for Horizon, it's only their first game. So not bad for a first attempt. Here's hoping Horizon 2 is released as an exclusive Turn 10 only product. It would be very interesting to see the possibilities in that respect, once the new hardware comes out.

Do you really think it's necessary to have such a stark contrast between both games? I mean what's so bad about using everything from FM4 and translating that into an open road setting? They can always include more accessibility options for the average casual/arcade racing fan.

Thoughts anyone?

Wolfe: Out of curiosity, do you play FM4/Horizon with a wheel or controller? Sim or Normal steering? What about deadzone and max range settings? Assists or no assists?
I play console games exclusively with a controller. I have a Logitech for PC sims. In Forza I run Normal steering, ABS/TCS/SC off, line off, manual, etc.

You don't tune in FM4? Buddy, you are seriously missing out. It's the perfect set up on any given track, that really makes your car shine.
I never liked tuning. I'd rather refine my driving; that benefits all cars on all tracks. If someone in an online race is objectively faster because they've tweaked everything, chasing them helps me practice to become a better driver.

Here's hoping Horizon 2 is released as an exclusive Turn 10 only product.
T10 was highly involved with this game already. I'm pretty sure you'd rather see Forza Motorsport 5 finished on schedule.

Do you really think it's necessary to have such a stark contrast between both games?
Why cast another net in the water you're already fishing? Some of the changes were made to give Horizon a distinct identity from Motorsport. Some of the changes are technical shortcomings. Some of us don't miss certain deleted features.

Perhaps it's the game's more casual nature - meaning a lot of the crazy-fast guys from FM4 have stayed there - but I ended up 5th globally in one of the Rivals events last night. One of the festival point-to-point races, the third-last wristband (purple?). Whoa :D

:cheers: that would never be me :dopey:

My playtime went down significantly as of late. That's largely due to real life reasons, though. But, still, I find myself craving for something aside from racing games, which isn't strictly Hoiron's fault. I still like to drive around for a bit, but not as much as I used to.

I suddenly miss Dark Souls :(

I got FM4 to satisfy all my driving desires and high speed thrills!

Gosh, the contrast between Horizon and then going back to Forza is clear as daylight. But I won't beat up those guys too much about it, since it's their first attempt at the open road thing. Decent enough I suppose.

Still playing but not as much as I want to be...

Maybe it's because I finally got dibs on the 250 GTO, I don't know..

I played the game out in just 4 days, killed all the silly garage signs. Drove every road there is, found all the barn cars and now there is really nothing else to do than drive around and go crazy every time that nagging voice off ALICE is coming on, or go in multiplayer but the multiplayer is way to lam and it`s full of idiots how can’t drive a car. So I ‘am back to driving FM4. So I think Horizon is fun for a week or 2 but no more than that. And besides that the game has many small faults and issues, they really need to fix those little bugs. Specially the stupid faults in the paint shop and the angel of the camera in the paint shop is a hell. The best thing about the game is that I can give it a way now with Christmas to someone how I hope will like it for 2 weeks so that he can give it to someone else after he is done with it. I bet this Is a game we see real fast in the second-hand department of the game shops

I am.

Still missing 2 barn finds, and I got 2 more wristbands to complete. Then maybe I'll get involved with online play a little more.

I'm beginning to think that the buying the season pass was a mistake. I have a feeling that once I beat the game, there won't be many reasons to keep playing. :(

I am.

Still missing 2 barn finds, and I got 2 more wristbands to complete. Then maybe I'll get involved with online play a little more.

I'm beginning to think that the buying the season pass was a mistake. I have a feeling that once I beat the game, there won't be many reasons to keep playing. :(

Try not to dwell on the season pass thing mate. Enjoy it while it holds your interest.. and then when you crave that taste for real cars and racing... just spark up that beast called MOTORSPORT 4! 👍👍

I am still playing and loving this game. I moved up to my orange wrist band, but only because I wanted to unlock more street races. To be specific, it's actually my goal to have every car under my ownership before I beat the game. And because of daily schedule, I predict I won't even be close to having everything by the time the rally expansion comes out. So I'll have a lot to do when that time comes.

I also got into photomode, so I'm spending some time in that as well.

I remain amazed that anyone could get tired of this. I'm fast approaching 5000 miles of driving and I feel I've just scratched the surface of what the game offers me.

Lately I've been running 20+ lap races against my best Rivals to get top 200 times and thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. I could spend hours on that alone.

Try not to dwell on the season pass thing mate. Enjoy it while it holds your interest.. and then when you crave that taste for real cars and racing... just spark up that beast called MOTORSPORT 4! 👍👍

Thanks.

I've already been bouncing back and fourth between the two. Horizon is good fun and all, but I still need that sense of serious racing that Horizon just isn't that good at.

I was hoping that Horizon was going to be more like TDU+FM4 and not NFS.

Yeah well, Horizon can always correct it's faults with H2 or 3. But my main interest at the moment is Motorsport 5. High expectations there, lets see how it turns out.

Chances are T10 will most likely outdo themselves the way they did with M4!

And one thing more I don’t like about the game is the lack of races. In FM4 I did not by a long way completed all the races that in the game in horizon you have about three days of fun and then you are done with it. That is just one big disappointment. And the online racing is not much better it`s all just too much made dumber to make it attractive to non-drivers and that makes online racing boring and frustrating.

I rented this for about 5 days and enjoyed it. Thinking about buying it around christmas if the price drops to around $30.00. It was way better than MW2012.

I rented this for about 5 days and enjoyed it. Thinking about buying it around christmas if the price drops to around $30.00. It was way better than MW2012.

Someone has it for $15 on Black Friday. Not sure who, but I'm pretty sure it was a post I saw here.

That's not a big achievement, is it? :lol:

Dunno why, but as of late, it seems that video games are hardly motivating me to play anymore. I pick up a game, any game, turn it on, turn it off again and do something else. Might be that I'm just fed up with racing games. And I basically don't own anything else :lol:

GTA V might be able to rectify this, though.

^ I really had high expectations for MW2012. Criterion did an amazing job with Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit 2010 so I thought for sure MW2012 was going to be amazing. The co-op challenges in BP were so dang fun but they destroyed that mode in MW2012. Turned out to be my most disappointing game of 2012. Oh well.

As for Black Friday, I dont do well around aggressive crouds. So unless I can get it online on black friday, thats just not happening. But I do want Horizon. Any more info released about the expansion to the map or the "offroad" expansion?

Yes looking forward to GTA5 in 2013 but thats a different topic.

^Yeah, I understand the game's fun factor and replay value really shines online, especially with Rivals.

But first, I don't have a very fast connection, and I have no desire to get Xbox Live, cos I know I won't be needing all the patches, updates, DLCs etc. Second, going online and gaming, I'd just be wasting time! I already waste a small chunk of my time daily online!

Even when there's nothing worth doing in the Events list, I just pick a car, a track, and race the AI.. and enjoy the heck outta the replays. I swear my mates' jaws drop all the way to the floor every time they experience FM4. They're like: this is a national automotive treasure.. and stuff like that! The engine sounds especially and physics make em wanna go at it again and again!

Too bad I don't have a wheel... oh wait, it's good I don't. I won't have any privacy if I did!

Almost completed mine, won the final, got last barn find today..but i couldnt beat Flynt in the last showdown...that was tough!, finished 6 seconds behind!

Couldn't beat Flynt? What difficulty and car were you using?

Medium difficulty..but the car isnt up to much, its a tuned Saleen Raptor..its unbelievably quick, but its too drifty and twitchy in the corners..and its a long race, i kept losing concentration and slamming in to things towards the end..ill try another car and make sure i stay focused!

Medium difficulty..but the car isnt up to much, its a tuned Saleen Raptor..its unbelievably quick, but its too drifty and twitchy in the corners..and its a long race, i kept losing concentration and slamming in to things towards the end..ill try another car and make sure i stay focused!

Yeah you need a handling car lol. Did you win the championship race before Flynt? I play medium with no assists and I beat him handily in my F40C

Yeah i won the Horizon final before the Flynt race..and ive won the last showcase race..or at least i think its the last showcase race! also ive made it to number one popularity after messing around on the golf coUrse in my Ford Raptor..i got from 25 to 5 in just over half an hour!

If you don't mind roughin' it on Black Friday, it will be $15 at Walmart. I think Best Buy will have it at $30 on that same day. I paid a little more for mine but not much.

Latest Posts

Back