Why is the Sambabus so important?

• Thread starter AJFast12
  • 251 comments

I would rather drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow...lots can be learned from driving various vehicles, an all bus race is still a race, my brother, who this bus belongs to, races Vespa motorscooters, plus there is more to driving than just setting laptimes, sometimes it's just relaxing to drive the bus or other slower cars around long tracks, listen to music and enjoy some dabs while gaining some miles

I will also add that my family has enjoyed many cars over the years and between myself my brother and my dad, no other car has drawn such positive response from people, it seems especially for those of us of a certain age, everyone has a story about a fond memory had in an old bus... Few cars have such a place in automotive culture, if you're questioning why a bus is in GT you have a lot to learn about cars

Last edited:
I will also add that my family has enjoyed many cars over the years and between myself my brother and my dad, no other car has drawn such positive response from people, it seems especially for those of us of a certain age, everyone has a story about a fond memory had in an old bus... Few cars have such a place in automotive culture, if you're questioning why a bus in in GT you have a lot to learn about cars

Agreed, if some people do not understand what a cult classic then they better learn first

I always see it as a old hippy van. Why is it being added to a online focused GT game where most cars are sporty?
YNgmlTp.gif

I always see it as a old hippy van. Why is it being added to a online focused GT game where most cars are sporty?

Because Kaz works in mysterious ways :D

I wonder if it’s a PD ‘cool wall’ of cars?!

It does appear a strange choice, especially when you consider they have never made, for example, an original Mini.

We should have a mk.1 Mini Cooper S or even a premium Mini Cooper Sport but, alas a GT4/5 Rover Mini has been the only offering.

I can only imagine it’s a licensing issue.

The sambabus would be a cool livery project and would be an interesting choice for lobby racing ...BUT speaking of vans... they should bring back this little beastie...

It appeared in GT2
http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Renault_Espace_F1

url.jpg

Agreed, I have about 4 liveries pre-planned and logos pre-made ready for it, Could be good for the drifting achievement, All that's missing in that respect is a Lolvo :sly:

PD likes iconic cars. Most cars that will be added in the big update are iconic cars. The Enzo and F40 are one of the, if not the most iconic Ferraris of all time. The RX-7, the R32 and R34 Skylines are iconic JDMs. Then there is the C3 Corvette Stingray, an iconic Corvette because it’s a Stingray. The Countach is joining the game because it’s a very iconic Lamborghini.

The Sambabus is joining the game because it’s also an iconic vehicle, that’s what I’m trying to say.

I only remember the Samba Bus because of the Top Gear Challenge in GT5... Anyway, the Volkswagen "Bus" is one of the most important vehicles in history, even though it has a terrible engine out of a Beetle. People all over the world know what a VW Bus is, it's just as iconic as the Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Countach and the Mazda RX-7. Three of which will come alongside the Bus in the first DLC.
PD likes iconic cars. Most cars that will be added in the big update are iconic cars. The Enzo and F40 are one of the, if not the most iconic Ferraris of all time. The RX-7, the R32 and R34 Skylines are iconic JDMs. Then there is the C3 Corvette Stingray, an iconic Corvette because it’s a Stingray.

The Sambabus is joining the game because it’s also an iconic vehicle, that’s what I’m trying to say.
That's literally what I just said!

Because it's iconic. No matter what kind of racing game it is, GT games have always managed to include a few iconic cars in its roster throughout its franchise history.

I can already see the crazy amount of varities in livery for the SambaBus, especially what the Japanese players could come up with. The sides of the bus are just blank canvases begging to be colored and decorated.

Back