Why is the Sambabus so important?

• Thread starter AJFast12
  • 251 comments
I like the sambabus.

Maybe not in terms of races, but for scapes and the biggest potential for creative Liverys out of all Cars in GT Sport, the samba is just great

I mean, just look at this
5845686680979276316_0.jpg

6278603988972635164_0.jpg

7358962139378222604_0.jpg

You can already do that in the game with a racing transmission.
Offcourse. U know what I mean. It's pointless with default setups, racing in n100 class all the cars with 4 gears are useless. So rather give them 5 gears or make it possible to set up the lobby only 4 gears allowed. Or onemakes. U ser?

I suggest to you and all those people to read a bit about the Automotive history even a little , that aside i beliave the Bugatti Veyron is a heavy pumpkin on wheels however i respect its performance and what it achieved.

Keep your suggestions, I know the history, and still don't believe it has any place in this game. In a VW historical museum? Sure. In GT in place of better suited cars? Never. I mean, we got a Sambatrash and no Elise? Stupidity.

Who cares about historical significance? It’s a painfully slow meme-mobile with zero motorsports heritage, that simply doesn’t belong in a game that (at the time of addition) had less than 200 cars. W.t.f...

I expect to encounter fanboyism on such a forum, but this thread is 6 pages of cognitive dissonance. There is no good argument for its inclusion in an Esports game, especially one with newfound Porsche licensure and still manages to have less Porsche cars than literally all of its competitor games in the genre. Sorry, there is no argument I’ll buy.

Keep your suggestions, I know the history, and still don't believe it has any place in this game. In a VW historical museum? Sure. In GT in place of better suited cars? Never. I mean, we got a Sambatrash and no Elise? Stupidity.

The Elise, as with all other Lotus cars, isn’t in the game for licensing reasons. It’s not like Polyphony Digital just decided that they preferred the Sambabus over the Elise.

I'm not enthusiastic about the Samba Bus being in GT for how long already but if it has no place in the games because it is sluggish, old, etc. then so are the other existing in-game cars which have one or all of the said characteristics as well. I'm just not sure why this thread was brought up again.

The Elise, as with all other Lotus cars, isn’t in the game for licensing reasons. It’s not like Polyphony Digital just decided that they preferred the Sambabus over the Elise.
Cognitive dissonance!

/s

I honestly wouldn’t care about the inclusion of it if we still had a strong car list, but...yeah

Who cares about historical significance? It’s a painfully slow meme-mobile with zero motorsports heritage, that simply doesn’t belong in a game that (at the time of addition) had less than 200 cars. W.t.f...

I expect to encounter fanboyism on such a forum, but this thread is 6 pages of cognitive dissonance. There is no good argument for its inclusion in an Esports game, especially one with newfound Porsche licensure and still manages to have less Porsche cars than literally all of its competitor games in the genre. Sorry, there is no argument I’ll buy.

Challenge accepted.

1. I care about historical significance. And quite a lot of people do, actually. Gran Turismo might be a racing game, but it is also a game for people who love cars. If people buy posters of old iconic cars and put them on the wall, why wouldn’t they appreciate seeing the same cars in the video game they play? Or would you argue that nobody can possibly like old iconic cars?

2. It’s a car. Of course it belongs in a game with cars. Talk about cognitive dissonance!

3. There is no reason why an esports feature would disqualify classic cars from being added to the game. And esports isn’t the only feature of the game. The photo modes of the game is perfect for classic cars.

4. The clue to the whole Porsche numbers mystery is in the words “newfound . . . licensure”. It takes time to create new content.

Challenge accepted.

1. I care about historical significance. And quite a lot of people do, actually. Gran Turismo might be a racing game, but it is also a game for people who love cars. If people buy posters of old iconic cars and put them on the wall, why wouldn’t they appreciate seeing the same cars in the video game they play? Or would you argue that nobody can possibly like old iconic cars?

Obviously I meant historical significance isn’t enough to justify its addition. And it’s not. And there are about 100 more historically significant vehicles I can think of, like a horse drawn carriage for freaking example, that don’t belong in this game due to historical significance alone.

2. It’s a car. Of course it belongs in a game with cars. Talk about cognitive dissonance!

Wew lad this is exactly what fanboyism I was previously speaking of ...

“Thank you senpai may I please have another”

3. There is no reason why an esports feature would disqualify classic cars from being added to the game. And esports isn’t the only feature of the game. The photo modes of the game is perfect for classic cars.

Of course there is. This game’s car list has Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars in disproportionate numbers to everything else. Why? Between being the highlight of the FIA Seasons, and having a 90% inclusion rate in Daily Races, they were and are the main focus of the game. So if we extrapolate that line of thinking, we can see that adding a Volkswagen Bus at a time when this game had zero open-wheel race cars, zero historic race cars, no Gr.2, and had JUST started building the seminal GT vehicle experience (R34, R32, RX-7) is complete and utter nonsense. And the fact that there has never been a Sambabus Daily Race just reaffirms this.

“But muh Scapes mode”

Where do you draw the line on this? Should we have the Oscar Meyer Wiener-Mobile as well, because it would be ‘fun’ for Scapes Mode? Again, cognitive dissonance clear as day. You guys are making ridiculous arguments to justify a decision by Kaz whom you believe can do no wrong.

4. The clue to the whole Porsche numbers mystery is in the words “newfound . . . licensure”. It takes time to create new content.

Guess what, if PD’s team hadn’t spent the time on the Sambabus maybe we could have had another Porsche instead of it. Let that sink in.

As compelling as the eSports argument is, it also serves as an argument for why games shouldn't be catered for eSports. "No fun allowed", if it isn't conducive to eSports and the competitive play experience.

Sensible enough for a game that emphasizes competition, like GT Sport...but how drab. Bring on a non-eSports-focused Gran Turismo 7, please. I don't expect eSports from a Gran Turismo game. I expect access to a variety of cool cars, many of which you won't find in almost any other game because they're not sporty or "serious" enough -- like the VW Type 2.

The fact that GT Sport doesn't have more cars like this one is one reason I've skipped this game.

Why not? GT will always be GT, and thus it'll still retain those more "interesting" (interesting as in rarer or unique) cars along with the racing focused cars. I don't see a problem honestly, I like the variety ^_^ As @Guffaluff mentioned, Kaz works in mysterious ways, haha. On the topic of Kaz, I've gotta drop this classic GIF.

And you have proof of this? Hard to imagine since the Elise has been a part of this game for so many years.

Back