Why is the Sambabus so important?

• Thread starter AJFast12
  • 251 comments
Dan
In my opinion, the black/red Samba with American Racing wheels was one of the most visually-appealing cars back in GT5, besides the Shelby Cobra and 2006 Ford GT.
That's exactly how I had my Samba. The black/red colour with the black American racing wheel. Even use to mess with the suspension at times. Like raising the rear suspension and lowering the front. Good times. :sly:

With 500 cars said to be added over GT Sport's shelf life, resources aren't being shed that thin. Might as well not include any classic cars. As I'm sure the car industry isn't lacking in 500 up to date cars to choose from. There is one classic car in the first GT(Sting Ray) and three in GT3(Cobra and GT40, GT40 race car). Then again, seeing the Gr.3 Road Cars, PD can easily shave another 20 from that 500.

Maybe PD do a reverse and offer the next DLC as Gr.3/Gr.3 Road Car conversions in the future.
- Gr.3 R32 GT-R & Gr.3 R32 GT-R Road Car(would look like the R32 RM)
- Gr.3 F40, etc.

Nice of you to provide us with your reasoning. Oh wait, your opinion is unreasonable, that's why you didn't provide the thought behind the statement.

Got it.

Wait, you mean that it's suddenly negotiable now? You're sending such mixed signals...

With 500 cars said to be added over GT Sport's shelf life, resources aren't being shed that thin. Might as well not include any classic cars. As I'm sure the car industry isn't lacking in 500 up to date cars to choose from. There is one classic car in the first GT(Sting Ray) and three in GT3(Cobra and GT40, GT40 race car). Then again, seeing the Gr.3 Road Cars, PD can easily shave another 20 from that 500.

Maybe PD do a reverse and offer the next DLC as Gr.3/Gr.3 Road Car conversions in the future.
- Gr.3 R32 GT-R & Gr.3 R32 GT-R Road Car(would look like the R32 RM)
- Gr.3 F40, etc.
That's kinda what I've been thinking. It really would be great to see the older cars compete with the new ones.

latest.jpg

Endless meme liveries and hippy Scapes photos.

The Volkswagen Type 2 was a revolution in post war Germany. It was designed in the late '40's to expand VW's model lineup. Turns out to be one of the best selling commercial vehicles ever. The way they were designed maximized cargo space.
Today, Type 2's are very valuable, and the sambas can fetch for $200,000+.

Personally, I wonder how PD replicated the classic boxer engine sound in the VW.

To take pictures.

To make the hipsters happy.

To compete in races and generate competitiveness and enthusiasm, this does not work.

It's kind of wanting to make the game a pedantic and snotty product.

To take pictures.

To make the hipsters happy.

What makes everyone "hipsters" for liking a classic, iconic car?

BrunusCL82
To compete in races and generate competitiveness and enthusiasm, this does not work.

It's kind of wanting to make the game a pedantic and snotty product.

You do not need a fast car to have fun while racing. Go karts, Spec Miata, the VW Beetle Fun Cup, and Citroen 2CV endurance races are a perfect example of this. Some of the best moments I had in GT5 were racing the Sambabus on Daytona with my friends. We were all dying of laughter and had a great time together. There is a huge amount of entertainment to be had when everybody is on a level playing field and won't take this game too seriously.

Well I bought two today, I will probably buy one of each colour tomorrow.

There are so many awesome rusty liveries in the discovery section, I might need more. If I could just fill up the first page of my garage with them so I don't have to look at the gifted cars when I'm switching between my 991 and my viper...

So... I bought one as soon as I could (Black/red combo), and 20 minutes later after doing the first three Beginner League races, I went to check the daily workout prize car. Sure enough, it's another Sambabus! I think PD is trying to tell me something. :lol:

I don't care what they add as long they could get be use full for everyone. People love different thing , I hope PD add different car and mix up.

Why?
It's a van that looks cute,iconic reliable and fun to drive hell right now it's the most fun I have in GT Sport driving it on all the courses just chilling feel the wind no worry of the rear end violently step out or grinding for fastest lap time.
And I got Countach gift car (Daily Workout) after I drove Samba bus around Suzuka amazing feeling getting a 1.8 million cr car for free.

Last edited:
From my perspective it was meant to be classic car with historical point. As I know VW Bus/Transporter were the pioneer of modern vans. That's why it is important to say the least, as what Kaz said there will be more cars including those that has historical value.

Other factor is a funny car that serve purpose as trollmobile :lol: Also, it is one from any cars in game that looks good with every kind of livery design you can possibly imagined. Lots of livery ideas you can came up with it 👍

Back