Will GT Series ever get the option for a full Livery Creator?

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 366 comments
hsv010, post: 9687165, member: 241191"]Why not have all of them... đź’ˇ

because time, money and resources are not infinite. Pd can only deliver so much. Livery editor is not gojng to be one of those things in gt6. Possibly ever.

The correct title for this should be "Are you working on the hinted at livery editor tool?" or something along those lines.

Otherwise it becomes a suggestion, which is prohibited.

because time, money and resources are not infinite. Pd can only deliver so much. Livery editor is not gojng to be one of those things in gt6. Possibly ever.
In the perfect GT title, we could have all those things. A livery editor would probably be horrible to implement onto the PS3, seeing how much GT6 is pushing the console already.

I didn't like/vote this question due to its wording. If OP is smart he will change the question to embrace a more adequate wording and thus gaining more votes. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
That is true. So please @Harsk100 , change to something like "Will we ever see a livery Editor in the game?", because it was never promised for GT6.

I just remember: "It's technically possible, however I do NOT think there will be a full livery editor in the game."

Last edited:
I'm not all up-in-arms over a full featured livery editor, but I think a proper racing game should allow users to at least choose between a few liveries for each car. Racing = liveries, even at the lowest levels. Once a driver goes beyond basic "track day" events and begins competition, a livery is essentially expected. It doesn't have to be a full wrap or crazy graphics, but a simple number and paint scheme is enough in my book, just as it is for SCCA, NASA and other grassroots sanctioning bodies.

So, to this topic I think the ability to add numbers and a choice of like 3 basic paint schemes (with customizable colors) for all premium road cars would be a great addition. It would be even better to include some pre-made decals, more racing mod options or a choice of a few higher detailed liveries for each premium road car.

I'm not all up-in-arms over a full featured livery editor, but I think a proper racing game should allow users to at least choose between a few liveries for each car. Racing = liveries, even at the lowest levels. Once a driver goes beyond basic "track day" events and begins competition, a livery is essentially expected. It doesn't have to be a full wrap or crazy graphics, but a simple number and paint scheme is enough in my book, just as it is for SCCA, NASA and other grassroots sanctioning bodies.

So, to this topic I think the ability to add numbers and a choice of like 3 basic paint schemes (with customizable colors) for all premium road cars would be a great addition. It would be even better to include some pre-made decals, more racing mod options or a choice of a few higher detailed liveries for each premium road car.

Number and colour I agree with 100%. Anything else, no.

Some of the old Miatas have a 15 anniversary paint stripe come up when you repaint them. It's a start....

I would be thrilled with some way to put decals or sponsors on the cars somehow. But a FULL on paint/colors editor? Hmmm.... maybe..... I agree that the PS3 might not be able to handle it. Plus, when you go online, that would be YET ANOTHER thing to upload/download...... Imagine changing cars between races.....The track already takes long enough.... :(

I would spend far longer then I would ever admit too building my own race schemes or applying classic ones to various cars. Game doesn't have a certain race car version? Give me a few hours...

Also camber and pitstops have been in and working since GT1, fixing them should not take that much and certainly not enough to impede development of any other features.

I would hardly say he promised it, but it would be extremely welcome.

However, as something that really should have been in there as a foundation of the car rendering scheme, I severely doubt it is possible to smack it on as an afterthought now.

I would say that PD are actually unable to do it, nut just unwilling.

Agree, when should he ever promised this? We all have the big wish about this, but it was never promised.
It was promised in an early presentation about GT6. You can see it clearly listed in the attached image/slides
Dg95n1a.jpg

I would hardly say he promised it, but it would be extremely welcome.

However, as something that really should have been in there as a foundation of the car rendering scheme, I severely doubt it is possible to smack it on as an afterthought now.

I would say that PD are actually unable to do it, nut just unwilling.
Again see above...

It was promised in an early presentation about GT6. You can see it clearly listed in the attached image/slidesView attachment 160296 .

First, I seriously think all of you should stop posting inaccurate claims as facts, once for all.

The "infamous" image all of you is referring to is NOT TIED TO GT6 whatsoever, nor to GT5, not even to GT5: Prologue.

It is an image from the TGS September 2006 presentation held in the first press-only presentation of the GT:HD project, which was 100% cancelled as a project in December 2006 and all development was moved at development of full GT engine for PS3. So, that very slide is part of something that was 100% cancelled as a project 8 years ago.

Second, the word "promise" is very HYPERBOLIC and absolutely MISSLEADING.

Nothing was "promised" regarding "Coloring/Livery Editor" to anyone, nor it was ever mentioned as factual to be introduced in any GT game. Even that very screenshot is talking about the planned design roadmap for theoretical "online features". Please, look above, on the very top of that slide. "ONLINE FEATURES". Not single player, not career, not arcade mode - online features. Together with another two "promised" things, such as Online Garage or Race Builder Tool.

However - and I warn you, the following will sound deeply revealing and will be somewhat complicated to comprehend to many "promisers" out here, but I will really try to present it as simple as possible, so hold on to your hats:

THIRD AND MOST IMPORTANT: we already have that "promised" "Coloring/Livery Editor" in Gran Turismo 6.

Can we paint the car and rims in the color of your preference? Yes. It is Coloring Editor.
Can we change the color of the livery and livery numbers (type and number) on selected cars? Yes. It is Livery Editor.

So, even that above slide was never talking about GT5: Prologue, GT5 or GT6 - but GT:HD cancelled project, the very bullet-point of "Coloring/Livery Editor" has been with us for 4 years now.

But it is not all.

Fourth, I think many here should really try to understand how their idea of "Livery Editor" and Polyphony Digital's idea of the "Coloring/Livery Editor" ARE NOT THE SAME IDEAS.

You may want to say "I want a Livery Editor as functionality in a way it exists in Forza Motorposrt (or some other) series" - it will be accurate "wish" only in that case. Because from the perspective of a functionality in the GT series, "Coloring/Livery Editor" exists for a long time.

Fifth, and final.

I am 100% for any kind of feature that would allow us to create some kind of paint schemes or whatever in order to make our cars get additional personality. Would that be a fully free system as in Forza or Supercars Challenge games, or semi-free as in PGR/GRID/TOCA games, or even just ability to add decals with numbers and some few stripes here and there - everything is welcomed. And I hope such options will indeed come to GT series.

But going into such lengths and making a false claim about something that is evidently not true should not be seen as good practice in a forum such as GTP - and especially not in the thread that will be read and answered by PD.

I would highly recommend that this question gets a change to more appropriate and more accurate one. Current form of "When are you giving us the promised Livery Editor?" is very misleading and inaccurate from both title-side and core of the presented OP.

"Will GT Series ever get the option for a full Livery Creator?" would be closer to what 99% of supporters of this topic has voted for.

Remaining 1% can still remain tied to their "promisers" agenda, it would be boring without them, I admit.

First, I seriously think all of you should stop posting inaccurate claims as facts, once for all.

The "infamous" image all of you is referring to is NOT TIED TO GT6 whatsoever, nor to GT5, not even to GT5: Prologue.

It is an image from the TGS September 2006 presentation held in the first press-only presentation of the GT:HD project, which was 100% cancelled as a project in December 2006 and all development was moved at development of full GT engine for PS3. So, that very slide is part of something that was 100% cancelled as a project 8 years ago.

Nothing was "promised" regarding "Coloring/Livery Editor" to anyone, nor it was ever mentioned as factual to be introduced in any GT game. Even that very screenshot is talking about the planned design roadmap for theoretical "online features". Please, look above, on the very top of that slide. "ONLINE FEATURES". Not single player, not career, not arcade mode - online features. Together with another two "promised" things, such as Online Garage or Race Builder Tool.
This is absolutely the most crucial part of this thread. Using false and misleading information in order to bolster an argument is absolutely against the AUP.

This could just as well be a presentation indicating a plan, not a promise of what will be delivered. How many times have I presented a plan which have been altered during the course of a project? Every time.

While thats true PD have omitted a large number of the features on that slide ...far too many.

While thats true PD have omitted a large number of the features on that slide ...far too many.

Yes I understand that. Since then we've had 2 full games and I dare say 'mos t' of those features have been ignored or omitted completely.

13zs4s2.jpg

I guess I won't be able to create this

It's ok, I'll cry it off:lol:.

I understand what y'all are saying but some people like to have cars that represents their arts skills. Some of y'all want that basic look like SCCA etc, some wants more freedom designs (sort of like NFS underground or MCLA). At the end of the day, we just gotta wait and see what Kaz will do about it.

Honestly speaking, I generally don't care if he promised the Livery Editor or not. I just hope he has something planned for it, because I really want to get creative with this thing and re-create cars like this

a-ferrari-458-italia-into-the-night.jpg

And This Baby Right here.
main_imageL.jpg

Also I'd come up with some of my own ideas too. :)

Honestly speaking, I generally don't care if he promised the Livery Editor or not. I just hope he has something planned for it, because I really want to get creative with this thing and re-create cars like this

a-ferrari-458-italia-into-the-night.jpg

And This Baby Right here.
main_imageL.jpg

Also I'd come up with some of my own ideas too. :)

Shucks, I'll be happy to see this
best-of-daytona-2012.jpg

Hundred times this ^ and also the rest of your post. But GTP users love their hyperbolic questions as can be seen among the most liked Kaz questions. That's probably why this thread have about 7 times more likes than my similar but less hyperbolic question that was published ahead of this (that and the fact I don't mention livery in the question).
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ore-customisation-for-future-gt-games.309314/

edit: but since this question just changed I'm now totally ok with it.

Back