Will GT Series ever get the option for a full Livery Creator?

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 366 comments
Imagine if we would spend one week on the livery editor: It would be awesome! Because it would be great if we could put numbers, logos, pictures....
something similar to FM would allow you to spend weeks making a livery if you are really dedicated to making a cool creative one, I remember spending days making liveries back in my FM days creating logos and such it's an awesome feeling to see you car go out for it's first race in each liveries you make. It'd be nice to be able to make more than 1 liveries per car and be able to select which one you want to use online.

something similar to FM would allow you to spend weeks making a livery if you are really dedicated to making a cool creative one, I remember spending days making liveries back in my FM days creating logos and such it's an awesome feeling to see you car go out for it's first race in each liveries you make. It'd be nice to be able to make more than 1 liveries per car and be able to select which one you want to use online.
Yes, it would be nice to able to make more than 1 livery per car.... And we should be able to use them online, too! 👍

For anyone who has ever said they aren't interested in a livery editor and for those that want a livery editor. If this doesn't get your heart pumping check your pulse, you may be dead:sly::

gtp_9-png.250273

gtp_14-png.250274

Last edited:
For anyone who has ever said they aren't interested in a livery editor and for those that want a livery editor. If this doesn't get your heart pumping check your pulse, you may be dead:sly::

gtp_9-png.250273

gtp_14-png.250274
amazing, the only that bothers me in that livery are all the red and blue lines all over the car they're a bit too much in my opinion, but man, if we even had the possibility to make something as cool as this in GT that would the best day ever!

off topic: is this Project Cars?

Johnny, you deserve a cookie good sir! A livery editor would not only enhance customization, but it would also enhance the sense of ownership. You're driving a car that looks totally unique and to your personal preference.

In all honesty, I've never really had a great attachment to other racing games that have livery editors... maybe it's because I'm lazy, and don't bother with them.... but in combination with Gran Turismo, the entertainment factor of a livery editor would never die.

I'd replicate cars from films like the Italian Job, and reenact the chase scenes in Multiplayer Lobbies. I'd take the production equivalent of a race car or rally car and recreate the racing livery. I'd create a custom Subaru Impreza Rally Car with a collage livery, with references to my favourite drivers, music, gaming references... not to mention internet memes :)

A livery editor in Gran Turismo would be art on wheels, with endless potential and creative solutions.

They might throw in a polygon refiner option for the standards ;)

amazing, the only that bothers me in that livery are all the red and blue lines all over the car they're a bit too much in my opinion, but man, if we even had the possibility to make something as cool as this in GT that would the best day ever!

off topic: is this Project Cars?
Yes it's Project Cars but I really just want everyone stoked about a Livery Editor. This is my new favourite livery, or will be next spring. Imagine the possibilities for GT7...if....if... If I can figure out how to do it for myself, I'd love to create an homage to #4, Bobby Orr!!

Yes it's Project Cars but I really just want everyone stoked about a Livery Editor. This is my new favourite livery, or will be next spring. Imagine the possibilities for GT7...if....if... If I can figure out how to do it for myself, I'd love to create an homage to #4, Bobby Orr!!
GT7 better have a livery editor otherwise it'd be a "no no" for me, all of the new gen racing games should have a livery editor, they'll have no excuses if they don't have one.

If they make something similar to FM, it'll be pretty easy to recreate the GTP livery, you won't even have to spend time to understand it, it's very simple, you select a shape and you move it around.

I have no idea who Bobby Orr, is but that's why we need a livery editor to make piece of art like the livery above, replicas, homages, things we love, national liveries to represent our countries, fictionnal liveries we wish our favorite race/non race teams had, etc... so many things I'm not thinking about right now, that'd be awesome.

I think it's important for PD to implement the ability to add stickers to windows (aside from the windscreen.... or it will be like Talladega Nights... xD)

sponsorship-1.jpg

If we can apply custom stickers to the side windows of cars, I'd love to put my online ID alongside the Union Jack... so people know it's me... even if I have a name floating above my head already... It would look cool in photo travel... especially alongside my in game avatar :D

Something like this would be awesome if it was achievable.

RallyEnglandScotlandcar.jpg

If we can apply custom stickers to the side windows of cars, I'd love to put my online ID alongside the Union Jack... so people know it's me... even if I have a name floating above my head already... It would look cool in photo travel... especially alongside my in game avatar :D

Something like this would be awesome if it was achievable.
Always thought about this possibility, really.
It bothers me to drive someone else's car while i payed that damn thing with MY money!
With the livery editor would come a racing team name, and if one thing lead to another, a sponsor-thingy similar to the first GRID.
Ah, i'm dreaming again.

Johnny, you deserve a cookie good sir! A livery editor would not only enhance customization, but it would also enhance the sense of ownership. You're driving a car that looks totally unique and to your personal preference.

In all honesty, I've never really had a great attachment to other racing games that have livery editors... maybe it's because I'm lazy, and don't bother with them.... but in combination with Gran Turismo, the entertainment factor of a livery editor would never die.

I'd replicate cars from films like the Italian Job, and reenact the chase scenes in Multiplayer Lobbies. I'd take the production equivalent of a race car or rally car and recreate the racing livery. I'd create a custom Subaru Impreza Rally Car with a collage livery, with references to my favourite drivers, music, gaming references... not to mention internet memes :)

A livery editor in Gran Turismo would be art on wheels, with endless potential and creative solutions.

They might throw in a polygon refiner option for the standards ;)
I don't have an artistic bone in my body and I'm every kind of colour blind there is, but even I would take a swing at creating some custom liveries for my favourite cars. With the kind of community that GT has, I think the internet would be flooded with some truly creative livery work that would do nothing but create positive buzz for the game. A way to share the liveries is an absolute must for this as well.

minis-and-drivers-in-gallery.jpg

GT7 better have a livery editor otherwise it'd be a "no no" for me, all of the new gen racing games should have a livery editor, they'll have no excuses if they don't have one.

If they make something similar to FM, it'll be pretty easy to recreate the GTP livery, you won't even have to spend time to understand it, it's very simple, you select a shape and you move it around.

I have no idea who Bobby Orr, is but that's why we need a livery editor to make piece of art like the livery above, replicas, homages, things we love, national liveries to represent our countries, fictionnal liveries we wish our favorite race/non race teams had, etc... so many things I'm not thinking about right now, that'd be awesome.
Bobby Orr is arguably the best hockey player to ever play, but certainly in his day, he dominated the hockey rink I daresay, more completely than any other athlete in a team sport has ever dominated, certainly in the same conversation as Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan and Joe Montana in their prime.

Bonus, gratuitous, GT Livery again:

iY0jSJc6uMmcS.jpg

Note: This is now an "official" Project Cars livery and will be available in the game for this particular car as one of the standard liveries. Most cars come with 20 or so liveries, some official liveries from the real cars, and the rest fanmade by the boys and girls on the early access development team. This livery was made with the full cooperation of Jordan and GTPlanet. :bowdown::bowdown: Source

Imagine this livery in GT7 as an official livery!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Something like this would be awesome if it was achievable

It's something small that would help to personalise your car/make it look more like a race car. I would think it would be easy to implement. You would just need to use a sticker, like the racing numbers we can put on premium cars, that automatically applies your PSN name to the rear windows.

I don't have an artistic bone in my body and I'm every kind of colour blind there is, but even I would take a swing at creating some custom liveries for my favourite cars. With the kind of community that GT has, I think the internet would be flooded with some truly creative livery work that would do nothing but create positive buzz for the game. A way to share the liveries is an absolute must for this as well.

minis-and-drivers-in-gallery.jpg

Bobby Orr is arguably the best hockey player to ever play, but certainly in his day, he dominated the hockey rink I daresay, more completely than any other athlete in a team sport has ever dominated, certainly in the same conversation as Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan and Joe Montana in their prime.

iY0jSJc6uMmcS.jpg

Note: This is now an "official" Project Cars livery and will be available in the game for this particular car as one of the standard liveries. Most cars come with 20 or so liveries, some official liveries from the real cars, and the rest fanmade by the boys and girls on the early access development team. This livery was made with the full cooperation of Jordan and GTPlanet. :bowdown::bowdown: Source

Imagine this livery in GT7 as an official livery!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
The fact that these 2 rufs are put one beside the other, like it is possible in GT's photomode highly irritates me.
you're just teasing us up man! no fair.
BTW one can just go to andy blackmore's site and steal/copy some liveries ideas or just stick with classic liveries if you think you're not too artsy (Gulf,Mobil1, bmw's late tic tac one...)

iY0jSJc6uMmcS.jpg

LOL and that's how you know GT is doing something wrong when other game have a livery of a website that mainly have content involving your games (GT). And you know they're doing it wrong when other games involve players to design a liverie for a race car to actually race with (FM with the Falken Porsche).

Of course they have the GTAcademy, the SEMA winning cars, but not everyone can take part in all of it.

LOL and that's how you know GT is doing something wrong when other game have a livery of a website that mainly have content involving your games (GT). And you know they're doing it wrong when other games involve players to design a liverie for a race car to actually race with (FM with the Falken Porsche).

Of course they have the GTAcademy, the SEMA winning cars, but not everyone can take part in all of it.

What's sad is that you can't put that effort into a livery to get it wrong. The user clearly intented for it to be a homage to GTPlanet, not Gran Turismo.

What's sad is that you can't put that effort into a livery to get it wrong. The user clearly intented for it to be a homage to GTPlanet, not Gran Turismo.
I don't understand the first part of your message.

I never said he did it to pay homage to Gran Turismo, I'm just saying in case you haven't noticed, that GTP is mostly about Gran Turismo, if not completely about gran turismo. Do you see news on the main page about project cars or other games? Nope! Just the fact that another game is having an "official" livery of a website that is mostly about gran turismo is kind of funny because GT isn't doing such things and that would make more sense for GT to have a GTP livery than PC having one.

You know what's even more irritating? This livery went from concept to being ready for inclusion in the game database, not a gamer's database but THE game database, as an official game livery selectable by any player, in about 2 weeks. Source

smiley-shocked016.gif

You know what's even more irritating? This livery went from concept to being ready for inclusion in the game database, not a gamer's database but THE game database, as an official game livery selectable by any player, in about 2 weeks. Source

smiley-shocked016.gif
That's what happens when devs are involved with the community, they come up with cool things together and devs do things for the community that are made/requested by the community. PD needs to learn a little bit from Pcars' devs in terms of interaction with the GT community.

We could make some cool PD/GT liveries for them, if they had a livery editor and if they actually used it to be somehow interacting with us so we could feel like at least they listen to us for something. ^^

Has Kaz seen any of the questions concerning about the Livery creator?

Is there going to be more car customization options? Are you going to be able to swap the engine or put decals on the car?

"Both are technically possible, and we might be preparing it (laughs)."

I imagine Kaz is somewhat ambitious to have a livery editor in GT. Even though this interview was for GT6, he was at no point in denial of the feature. They might be preparing it... he says. I doubt very much it would make GT6, but it can and should be one of their objectives in GT7.

A livery editor has been mentioned numerous times in the past by PD in their showcases prior to GT5. It must be something they're working on right now. I'll be somewhat disappointed if a livery editor doesn't make GT7, especially as they've been prioritizing customization options in more recent GT6 updates. Think about it. Brake pad colours, in car dials, custom built rear wings and car numbers.

One can only assume that PD's next target in the customization department is a livery editor.... or roll cages... or engine swaps... but that's another story ;)

Back