Will GT6 have Porsche in it?

• Thread starter alstigy
  • 586 comments
I'll add to Porsche's (Volkswagen's) aspirational thinking, in that the brand survives with the Boxer, Cayenne Pepper, Panamera and Cayman bringing in new customers. The 911 on its own, wouldn't satisfy shareholders in this day and age. I just wish I knew why Porsche have the blinders on.

Porsche is a car manufacturer that doubles as a money making machine. That's why they have blinders on and their blinders are made with $100 bills..which they burn to light cigars...because people line up to buy 911's...lol..:sly:

Johnnypenso
Porsche is a car manufacturer that doubles as a money making machine. That's why they have blinders on and their blinders are made with $100 bills..which they burn to light cigars...because people line up to buy 911's...lol..:sly:

And that's the reason why it was said to be the most profitable automaker?

PD just need to update their RUF lignup, making them all premiums and adding a few newer models.
Also a RUF RM version would be grate, to complete the GT3 and GT2 class list. All that is totally posible por PD, they just need to have the will to do it.

It seems kaz doesn't like porches :/

On that we will have to agree to disagree.

Ruf do modify Porsche models, but they also manufacture their own models, its worth noting that the Ruf chassis numbers are just that, they are true VIN numbers not simply a build number.

The VIN is the build number I'm referring too.
Like Ruf, Shelby cars have their own VIN numbers, unless they are conversions of already titled cars.

SuperCobraJet
The VIN is the build number I'm referring too.
Like Ruf, Shelby cars have their own VIN numbers, unless they are conversions of already titled cars.

And if that is the only VIN they carry (as is the case for standalone Ruf models) then they are not a Ford, just as an Ruf is not a Porsche.

How can you even make that kind of a trade? They must have approval from both makes for anything like this. Why Sony cannot do the deal then?
Because there was no such deal between EA and T10.

Anecdotal evidence aside, which is essentially meaningless anyway, 15 years into GT and Porsche is the most profitable car company in the world on a per-car basis. Hard to make any case that not being in GT has affected them in any way. If it means anything, there are many more Porsches than there are of just about any other supercar make here in my hometown, outside of Corvettes.

If anecdotal evidence is tossed aside, then your home-town quantities are also meaningless. But you knew that anyway, and mine was a personal example that suggested further information is needed, not one that "proves" anything on its own.

The omission of Porsches from Gran Turismo has undoubtably had an effect. We can argue about whether the effect is minor, significant, relegated to the future, bad for prestige, good for prestige, bad for brand placement and on and on ... but there's an effect just the same. We know this much purely from the raw numbers of Gran Turismo owners, and the fact that they haven't been exposed to Porsche cars in the same way they have to other brands. To argue that "not being in GT has [not] affected them in any way" is essentially to stand up in front of the billions spent yearly on advertising and scream "you do nothing". It does do something. Brand exposure and product exposure sells.

15 years into GT and Porsche is the most profitable car company in the world on a per-car basis.

And? I mean, it's a great achievement for the company (not so much for the customers), and it does suggest that current Porsche buyers are willing to pay a premium, but outside of that, what does it have to do with the effects of Porsche not being in Gran Turismo? How does that relate to the Gran Turismo discussion at hand? How does it reveal anything other than possible complacency or recalcitrance on Porsche's behalf?

Yeah. GT is going to be more than 15 years already and still no Porsche but I'm not affected by this one.

And if that is the only VIN they carry (as is the case for standalone Ruf models) then they are not a Ford, just as an Ruf is not a Porsche.

There is only one official VIN assigned to a vehicle, as the name implies.

Since the cars are being produced under another Manufacturer, and they assign there own VIN, they are not an official Ford, or Porsche product.

However as we both know, the base product is a Ford and a Porsche.

In fact of reality, these cars are no more than modified versions of the original base product and are quite easily identifiable as such.
They just carry a VIN and badging from the modifier.

The Shelby Series One roadster was an exception to this, in that it was a Shelby designed and built car from the ground up.
The only "other" car manufacturer's part used in it was the Oldsmobile engine.

However as we both know, the base product is a Ford and a Porsche.

In fact of reality, these cars are no more than modified versions of the original base product and are quite easily identifiable as such.
They just carry a VIN and badging from the modifier.
In the case of Ruf models that is simply not the case.

If the only Porsche part used is the unmarked chassis and the remainder parts are either customer built or sourced by Ruf then how is it a modified Porsche?

Simply answer is that its not.

Ruf have not taken a Porsche product and modified it to make an Ruf model in decades (they still modify Porsche models - but that is a different thing).

You may want to consider it a modified Porsche, but that doesn't make it one.

The Shelby Series One roadster was an exception to this, in that it was a Shelby designed and built car from the ground up.
The only "other" car manufacturer's part used in it was the Oldsmobile engine.
Then by your own logic here its an Oldsmobile.

Last edited:
In German legislation, enough of the parts must differer to be accounted as manufacturer. By this reason companies like 9FF and Gemballa (RIP) were also manufacturers by the law although some of them did not start with unmarked platforms.

In the case of Ruf models that is simply not the case.

If the only Porsche part used is the unmarked chassis and the remainder parts are either customer built or sourced by Ruf then how is it a modified Porsche?

Simply answer is that its not.

Ruf have not taken a Porsche product and modified it to make an Ruf model in decades (they still modify Porsche models - but that is a different thing).

You may want to consider it a modified Porsche, but that doesn't make it one.

I think, you answered your own question.

The base product is designed and built by Porsche. (Body/chassis)
As is the engine used.

The same with the Shelby Mustang.

That being the case, it is practically impossible to seperate the obvious original
manufacturer from the finished product.

It maybe more accurate to say, these cars are modified versions of the base car.
Thats because Porsche builds the same base model car as does Ford.
Both are modified when built by Ruf and Shelby to enhance performance, as compared to the builds Ford and Porsche produce.

Then by your own logic here its an Oldsmobile.

To the contrary, I mention this example to point out, the Shelby Series One is not a base car under production from another manufacturer.

It is an original designed and built Shelby car.

Therefore it is not a "seperate build" of anyone elses base car.

The engine however is designed and built by Oldsmobile. but it is the "only" other manufacturer piece that was used.

I think, you answered your own question.

The base product is designed and built by Porsche. (Body/chassis)
As is the engine used.

The same with the Shelby Mustang.
Chassis and base engine block are the only carry overs for the vast majority of the Ruf range (and in a number such as the RGT-8 the engine is Ruf designed and built).

The body may look very similar, but they are not Porsche bodyshells or body-in-whites used.

That being the case, it is practically impossible to seperate the obvious original
manufacturer from the finished product.

It maybe more accurate to say, these cars are modified versions of the base car.
Thats because Porsche builds the same base model car as does Ford.
Both are modified when built by Ruf and Shelby to enhance performance, as compared to the builds Ford and Porsche produce.

Sorry but no that is not the case.

Its more than possible to distinguish the two and once again they do not take a base car and modify it. Ruf do not buy 911's (or whatever) and then modify them to make a Ruf models. They only part supplied by Porsche to Ruf is the chassis.

To the contrary, I mention this example to point out, the Shelby Series One is not a base car under production from another manufacturer.

It is an original designed and built Shelby car.

Therefore it is not a "seperate build" of anyone elses base car.

The engine however is designed and built by Oldsmobile. but it is the "only" other manufacturer piece that was used.

So if the only part supplied is an engine then is not a modified car but a unique product (series 1), however if the only part supplied is a chassis then its a modified car and not a unique product (RGT-8).

See if you can spot the problem with your logic. Which also means that the Ford GT40 is actually a modified Lola, the Volvo 340 is a modified Renault and the Shelby Cobra is a modified AC Ace (despite every component bar the chassis again being different - but the do look similar).

As I said in the beginning we will have to agree to disagree ion this one, but from a legal point of view they are unique models and for the purposes of licensing (which is what we are talking about) your opinion on the matter (and mine) is moot.

Last edited:
If anecdotal evidence is tossed aside, then your home-town quantities are also meaningless. But you knew that anyway, and mine was a personal example that suggested further information is needed, not one that "proves" anything on its own.

The omission of Porsches from Gran Turismo has undoubtably had an effect. We can argue about whether the effect is minor, significant, relegated to the future, bad for prestige, good for prestige, bad for brand placement and on and on ... but there's an effect just the same. We know this much purely from the raw numbers of Gran Turismo owners, and the fact that they haven't been exposed to Porsche cars in the same way they have to other brands. To argue that "not being in GT has [not] affected them in any way" is essentially to stand up in front of the billions spent yearly on advertising and scream "you do nothing". It does do something. Brand exposure and product exposure sells.

And? I mean, it's a great achievement for the company (not so much for the customers), and it does suggest that current Porsche buyers are willing to pay a premium, but outside of that, what does it have to do with the effects of Porsche not being in Gran Turismo? How does that relate to the Gran Turismo discussion at hand? How does it reveal anything other than possible complacency or recalcitrance on Porsche's behalf?

If you want to carry it to extremes, then yes, everything they do or don't do has an effect. I could fart here in Windsor and cause a tornado in Kansas too if you want to go that far. We can't measure either one. Bottom line is, Porsche obviously doesn't think it's a big deal or they'd be working things out with PD. Their bottom line says they are on the right course, taking whatever resources they might gain or lose or spend with PD and using them elsewhere. If its right or wrong we'll never know, all I know is I can't drive a Porsche and it doesn't seem to bother them.

As I said in the beginning we will have to agree to disagree ion this one, but from a legal point of view they are unique models and for the purposes of licensing (which is what we are talking about) your opinion on the matter (and mine) is moot.

No doubt.

As far as GT, even though Porsche cars are not in the game, the Rufs still provide the experience
of driving a high performance rear engine car, which is unique to the two brands.

No doubt.

As far as GT, even though Porsche cars are not in the game, the Rufs still provide the experience
of driving a high performance rear engine car, which is unique to the two brands.

Almost.

Alpine would need to be included in that list as well (and we could do with a few more as well).

That said I also how that the physics changes in GT6 actually solves the rather large issue with how RR cars behave in GT anyway, because right now under certain circumstances they don't drive like a RR Porsche/Ruf/Apline does (and I speak from personal experience with two of those three).

No doubt. As far as GT, even though Porsche cars are not in the game, the Rufs still provide the experience of driving a high performance rear engine car, which is unique to the two brands.
It's one of those things that we'd all love to have but, more than likely won't. The chances are that we'll have ample platforms in which to chose from, enough to keep us busy for quite some time.

I mostly don't care about Porsches in GT6,we have RUFs and they are nice cars.If PD put a bunch of new RUFs like CTR3,RT12 and such it will be great.Don't you think?

I mostly don't care about Porsches in GT6,we have RUFs and they are nice cars.If PD put a bunch of new RUFs like CTR3,RT12 and such it will be great.Don't you think?
That's the thing I say everytime when this theme is actual. Why not finally use the RUF license when they have almost every single car from Porsche, but modified for better. And Dauer 962 LM for Porsche racing car fans.

Why not finally use the RUF license when they have almost every single car from Porsche, but modified for better.
RUF doesn't have cars like the 356, 550, 914, 928, 944 and all the race cars.

But I hope for new and premium RUFs, too.

Last edited:
Why not finally use the RUF license when they have almost every single car from Porsche, but modified for better. And Dauer 962 LM for Porsche racing car fans.

Really?

I think there's plenty of Porsches that have nothing even similar in the RUF lineup. Porsche 928 would be at the top of my list, followed by the new 918. It'd be lovely to see some of the "lower end' Porsches like the 924 and 944 as well, and there's lots of very unique racing models that would be interesting.

RUF tends towards the 911s and high end Porsche models, but there's more to Porsche than just that.

I can understand your sadness of missing Porsche, but there's something obvious for PD to do and the sadness would be half as big as it is now.

RUFs are Porsches, just as much as a Kardashian is a human being. Wait, bad example.

Lol at this one. :lol:

Oh and by the way,Porsches are not that cool looking anymore (well except the classics and Carrera GT) sorry if anyone is a Porsche fan here but,most of modern Porsches look the same,i mean like come on Porsche,why most of your cars look the same? :indiff:

Back