Will GT6 have Porsche in it?

• Thread starter alstigy
  • 586 comments
"We mentioned it a little bit at the Silverstone announcement a few weeks ago but we want to affect more industries outside of just the game world, and we're setting up a lot of collaborations with a lot of different game companies right now, as we speak," Yamauchi reminded. "I think those are some of the most interesting things coming up for GT6."
This was from an interview at e3 but it could be a mistranslation because it doesn't sound quite right to me.

To me, sounds like he is referring to the concept of Gran Turismo in real world, like he did on one of those interviews for GT Planet. Not necessarily about get permission to put Porsches on GT6.

Anyway, the only Porsche that I really care for is the next Le Mans prototype (although, would be awesome if they could put in the game all historic race cars made by the good people from Stuttgart, specially the Gulf 917).

I really don't care that much about all those 911s...

To me, sounds like he is referring to the concept of Gran Turismo in real world, like he did on one of those interviews for GT Planet. Not necessarily about get permission to put Porsches on GT6.

Anyway, the only Porsche that I really care for is the next Le Mans prototype (although, would be awesome if they could put in the game all historic race cars made by the good people from Stuttgart, specially the Gulf 917).

I really don't care that much about all those 911s...

You could very well be right with that statement, I highly doubt gt6 will have porsche, although there is still a possibility.

"We mentioned it a little bit at the Silverstone announcement a few weeks ago but we want to affect more industries outside of just the game world, and we're setting up a lot of collaborations with a lot of different game companies right now, as we speak," Yamauchi reminded. "I think those are some of the most interesting things coming up for GT6."
This was from an interview at e3 but it could be a mistranslation because it doesn't sound quite right to me.

Pretty sure that was mistranslated because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

"Yeah, we want to affect industries outside the game world, so we're setting up a lot of collaborations with people in the game world".

It makes no sense. The 'game' shouldn't be there the second time I think.

Remember how PD said you could add hundreds of body panels on cars in GT6?

Premium RUF BTR + a wider body kit and a big spoiler = RWB Porsche replica. Now I know Nakai-san never worked on a Porsche 930, but its the closest thing we can get to an RWB 964.

Gt could technically nab Nissan as an exclusive manufacture =p death blow to the NFS series who has always had nissans in there games quite extensively

Hardly a death blow to NFS. They have plenty of cars to use. Pretty rough on all the other interesting racing games that might like to use Nissans though, and pretty rough on Nissan who might not want to see their cars only appear in a new game every 3 to 5 years.

The proper response to EA being a dick is not to be more of a dick. If it was, the world would be full of people just being dicks to each other.

RUFs,yes.But no "Porsches".Nissan is a big part of GT nowadays(probably earlier too) and they have too much "competition" (disslike) with Porsche.Not possible to bouth fit in a japanese car game.-I think

You think Nissan would tell PD "If you want Porsche, it's them or us"? I don't see why both wouldn't fit in GT. Nissan don't seem to have any problem with Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Ferrari, or any of the other dozens of manufacturers in GT.

Why would Porsche specifically be a problem and not the others?

You think Nissan would tell PD "If you want Porsche, it's them or us"? I don't see why both wouldn't fit in GT. Nissan don't seem to have any problem with Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Ferrari, or any of the other dozens of manufacturers in GT.

This.

RUFs,yes.But no "Porsches".Nissan is a big part of GT nowadays(probably earlier too) and they have too much "competition" (disslike) with Porsche.Not possible to bouth fit in a japanese car game.-I think

That's absurd. It's more than possible to fit porsche in to the game. What about all the other dozen manufacturers then that are in the game then?

I think this might be related to the silly myth on how Porsche had some "rivalry" with Nissan all because of the controversial lap time at the ring, which to this day still makes no sense to me.

EA have the license. Which sucks, but such is life.

Forza cuts deals with EA to get the cars, so clearly it's possible.
Gran Turismo so far has not. Not because it's not possible, but because they don't want to pay EA's price.

It's really up to PD how valuable they think having Porsches in the series is.
Say PD pays
ridiculous price and then sells them to us as as a DLC car pack, but over priced say 20-30$ could be possible.

Say PD pays
ridiculous price and then sells them to us as as a DLC car pack, but over priced say 20-30$ could be possible.

No way in hell am I paying $30 for a couple cars in a $60+/- game.

Say PD pays

And this could be possible based on what? Some deal that EA Makes them charge that price?

Sometimes I look at the Gran Turismo 3 cover and think, was it a Ruf RGT light on the cover, or the Porsche 911 GT3, as the car was secretly available in the game. PD probably made the cover before they asked for Porsches permission. As Porsche gave them no licence/or it was too expensive at the point, the cover was maybe kept,...as it once might have been a special introduction to having Porsche in the game. If you think about NFS Rivals, they finally have Ferrari's back in the game, as they have most top manufactures. For Gran Turismo's history, back when GTHD had Ferrari in it, could the next Gran Turismo (GT7) have Porsche in it, ...but who knows when that'll be released??

The proper response to EA being a dick is not to be more of a dick. If it was, the world would be full of people just being dicks to each other.

Is'nt that the case already?

I mean look at the state of the world...lol, it's all about money.

Big corporations are dicks towards each other...lol

someone needs to give them all a *HULK SMASH*

Having driven a real 911 GT3 (996) around a track the other day I have to say I would pay for a DLC pack of Porsche cars. It was absolutely stunning to drive.

The Forza 4 Porsche pack was 20 us dollars for 30 Porsche cars and new race events. I would definitely pay that to have a Porsche dlc pack in GT6.

So surely no Porsche in GT6 is confirmed. If it was going to be there surely it would have been revealed in the main conference trailer for the game in Germany. There will be no bigger or relevant place to do it.

Back