Will GT6 have Porsche in it?

• Thread starter alstigy
  • 586 comments
Which is entirely the point. If Turn 10 can do it, PD damn well can.

Basically, the only thing stopping Porsches being in GT6 is PD being tight.

PD shouldn't pay EA a dime for anything. 🤬 EA.

The thing is that it's EA who say how much anyone pays for a sublicense. I doubt that they asked the same amount of money from Turn10 as they would ask from PD. And how much would PD (Sony) be willing to spend? Twice as much as Turn10? Five times as much? Or how about ten?

EA will make PD jump the hoop, and it is EA and EA only who hold up the hoop as high as they ever want. As much as the fanbase asks for Porsche, at the end of the day, PD will only spend a limited amount of money for such a license. Gran Turismo has sold very well without Porsche so far, so it is hard to believe that future titles will not sell just as well also without Porsche.

If GT6 doesn't have Porsches in, then I hope PD add alternatives like premium RUFs that aren't already in GT5.

The thing is that it's EA who say how much anyone pays for a sublicense. I doubt that they asked the same amount of money from Turn10 as they would ask from PD. And how much would PD (Sony) be willing to spend? Twice as much as Turn10? Five times as much? Or how about ten?

EA will make PD jump the hoop, and it is EA and EA only who hold up the hoop as high as they ever want. As much as the fanbase asks for Porsche, at the end of the day, PD will only spend a limited amount of money for such a license. Gran Turismo has sold very well without Porsche so far, so it is hard to believe that future titles will not sell just as well also without Porsche.

It's an impossible argument to validate what EA may or may not do. My impression of the EA/Turn 10 Porsche deal is that a steep asking price from EA would explain why FM4 fans have to pay extra for the Porsches.

Now I don't really want PD taking that route with desirable cars, but I get the impression from Turn 10 that they are a bit more flexible in regards to getting what the fans want.

I think the quotes in your signature are excellent, by the way.

Last edited:
It's an impossible argument to validate what EA may or may not do. My impression of the EA/Turn 10 Porsche deal is that a steep asking price from EA would explain why FM4 fans have to pay extra for the Porsches.
Now that you're saying that, I could imagine that Kaz did not accept EA's asking price for the license because he didn't want GT players to be forced to pay for such content. The idea of paid content was only introduced some time after GT5 had been released, and if I'm not mistaken, Kaz never was a fan of that concept.

Now I don't really want PD taking that route with desirable cars, but I get the impression from Turn 10 that they are a bit more flexible in regards to getting what the fans want.
Absolutely! PD could easily make more of not having Porsche, but they don't. I never understood why.

I think the quotes in your signature are excellent, by the way.
Thanks! I found these comments of GTP users to be on the spot, so I put them in my sig after they gave me permission to do so.

It'll be awesome if GT6 PD actually did got the sublicense from EA to have Porsches at the start of GT6, that's what I believe would make a lot of sense because since GT sells so well, they'll sell even more well if they did of course. :sly:

PD shouldn't pay EA a dime for anything. 🤬 EA.

Who knows how much EA asks others to buy a sublicnese. 1 mill, 5 mill? Who knows. That's why I'm being very CAUSTIOUS about it, which my first post was actually about...

Last edited:
Let's be honest. What has EA done best with Porsche? To me (and many of you may agree), "Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed" has been the absolute best use of EA utilizing Porsche. Most others are just "let's put Porsche in illegal street racing games whether real car enthusiasts care or not." There's also the thing about (as I hear/read) Porsche not being in some games being compared to the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Now let's pretend Porsche DID show up in GT6. Trust me- if PD were smart, I'm sure we'll see plenty of well-known and little-known Porsches if PD had Porsche licensing. We may see a good number of Porsches from the past 15 years as well as some Porsche favorites (such as the 924 and the 928). You know at least one generation 911 will be in the car list. The gorgeous Carrera GT of the mid-2000s may be featured. The Le Mans-winning 1998 911 GT1 may be in the game. You know you can't have Porsche without any number of Porsche GT cars. They are mostly a dime-a-dozen in most true sportscar racing series. We may even get our own Carrera Cup style action. The 917 and 962C would also be prime candidates. Don't forget about the awesome Porsche 959- both on the road and in the Paris-Dakar Rally. Who knows? They may even feature the Porsche 935/78 (named after a famous whale). They may even put in the Cayenne and Panamera (which I have NEVER hated). There was a Porsche that drifted in Formula D- that could find its way in. The only classic Porsche I'd care to see is the beautiful 550 Spyder. I can't think of too many little-known Porsches that PD would include to educate us on.

Of course... the previous paragraph all depends on IF we get Porsche in any capacity. If we DON'T get Porsche, life goes on. Just make an effort to enhance the RUF lineup. The most RUF cars in any Gran Turismo was in its debut- 8 RUFs in Gran Turismo 2, and my favorite was the 1996 RUF CTR2 Sport in that game. There has never been any Racing RUF in GT history. Not a single RUF could be Race Modified. I mean... might as well expand upon RUF (and other similar makes) if Porsche isn't possible.

PD has so far not expanded the RUF portfolio and not made an effort to include any other Porsche-similar cars made by tuners with a manufacturer status. Therefore, I don't believe they would make a huge effort putting in too many Porsches if they aquire the license.

Of course I wish they would, and it would make loads of sense, but then again, PD's decisions have too often not made that much sense and left people puzzled as well as unsatisfied.

PD has so far not expanded the RUF portfolio and not made an effort to include any other Porsche-similar cars made by tuners with a manufacturer status. Therefore, I don't believe they would make a huge effort putting in too many Porsches if they aquire the license.

Of course I wish they would, and it would make loads of sense, but then again, PD's decisions have too often not made that much sense and left people puzzled as well as unsatisfied.

Exactly. Effort was made to include Suzuki as Premium but not Ruf. Lamborghini is in the game but, the Gt500 Lambo is standard. Plenty of opportunity to have at least the yellow bird premium just as RE AMEMIYA or Art Morrison Vette(one car). PD didn't do it. Why?

Exactly. Effort was made to include Suzuki as Premium but not Ruf. Lamborghini is in the game but, the Gt500 Lambo is standard. Plenty of opportunity to have at least the yellow bird premium just as RE AMEMIYA or Art Morrison Vette(one car). PD didn't do it. Why?

To be fair, the JLOC Diablo GT-1 looks wildly different to how it was in 2000 (and thus how it appears in GT5/GT3), and I'm pretty sure it's in private hands now to boot. It's odd that they don't have any Premium Diablo, but that particular car is probably outside of their grasp to get (nevermind in the form most are familiar with it in).

Now let's pretend Porsche DID show up in GT6. Trust me- if PD were smart, I'm sure we'll see plenty of well-known and little-known Porsches if PD had Porsche licensing.

If.

I don't think they really achieved that sort of balance with Ferrari or Lamborghini in GT5, so I don't think PD will blow anyones minds in that regard, if they do get the Porsche license.

Many people have the assumption that EA is even setting a price on their exclusive Porsche license. Though it could be true that EA is asking for too high a cost for PD to swallow, it is also entirely possible for EA to simply deny PD any sub-licensing agreement, ie. EA can simply refuse to sub-license to PD the Porsche license even if PD offered all the money in the world. Heck, EA can even be ignoring all of PD's phone calls regarding a sub-licensing deal.

As far as I've heard, PD has only said they want to get Porsche, nothing else about their negotiations with EA, if any even took place at all.

We don't know what the EA board thinks, nor what their motivations are, and at a certain amount of money, it would be stupid for EA to not accept a sub-licensing deal, but to say that PD is not willing to pay a sub-licensing fee to EA without knowing any details is too much to assume given that EA can simply say no to any sort of deal with PD, no matter the terms involved. We just simply don't know why PD can't sub-license the Porsche license from EA, beyond the simple fact that there has been no sub-licensing deal in place.

All these cars, whether it's the RE Amemiya, Art Morrison Corvette or the Yellowbird, are in private hands. It is well within the rights of the respective owners to grant or deny PD, or anyone else for that matter, access to their car. In fact, I would highly understand why someone would deny PD use of their car for premium modeling purposes too.

To even try to borrow one to model assumes that PD knows who the owners of the Yellowbirds are. Which in and of itself can be very difficult. Quick, tell me the name of one Yellowbird owner and how to contact him/her!

That's fine but, cars like the R8 Lemans GT race car could have been premium. There was enough time to construct an RM upgrade, for sure, if the PSP model was constructed in standard. I don't know the reasons and as one of 10million who play the series, It's a wonder that's all maybe my question is rhetorical. I'm definitely looking forward to see what we get in GT6.

You also don't need physical access to a car to model it, you just need lots of reference images and videos. That is how SMS are working on a lot of their models for pCARS and they come out in great detail.

Regarding the possibilities of aquiring RUFs like the Yellowbird again to make them premium, there would at least have been opportunities for PD to sample current RUF models. There are plenty of press cars around, and I'm sure that RUF is very cooperative, because they can only benefit.

Regarding the possibilities of aquiring RUFs like the Yellowbird again to make them premium, there would at least have been opportunities for PD to sample current RUF models. There are plenty of press cars around, and I'm sure that RUF is very cooperative, because they can only benefit.

Again referencing SMS they are adding a Yellowbird to pCARS and if they can create a well detailed model only from reference data and not seeing the real car I'm sure PD can also manage it.

Again referencing SMS they are adding a Yellowbird to pCARS and if they can create a well detailed model only from reference data and not seeing the real car I'm sure PD can also manage it.
Agreed! I simply wanted to emphasize that if PD really were interested in creating more RUFs for Gran Turismo, there would have been plenty of ways to do so. They might not have been able to do any model they want due to inaccessibility, but broadening the RUF portfolio in the game would have been, without the shadow of a doubt, very well possible.

As you said, besides getting the real cars, there are ways to use photos, videos and models to create cars for the game. If I'm not mistaken, PD has done this before, too.

They used to use scale model cars in the early days didn't they?

Well, considering that model car brand name exposed underneath one of the Skylines when GT5 was just released and removed in an update, they still do to an extend.

Back