Will GT6 have Porsche in it?

• Thread starter alstigy
  • 586 comments
Who needs Porsche when there's SINGER!!!!! Get the Singer 911 instead! The day PD include Porsche in GT, I don't even know what to say actually, we have all waited LONG enough.

Who needs Porsche when there's SINGER!!!!! Get the Singer 911 instead!.

Just because I get the feeling you didn't actually go through the pages of the thread:

Singer Vehicle Design
Singer Vehicle Design restores and modifies existing Porsche automobiles. Singer Vehicle Design is not sponsored, associated, approved, endorsed nor, in any way, affiliated with Porsche Cars North America, Inc., or Dr. Ing.h.c.F.Porsche, AG (www.porsche.com). The Porsche® name and crest are trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, and any other products mentioned in this Website are the trademarks of their respective holders

So in other words, another tuner.

They had RUF's since GT2, so there is a high possibility that they'll keep it in GT6. It would also be cool if they added a couple of Gemballas.

Did you even read the thread?

No I did not read the entire thread, at work, however I get what the thread is about. All I was suggesting was if PD could not get licensing for Porsche, I would love if they could for the Singer 911. If they can't for that either, well then life sucks.

Just because I get the feeling you didn't actually go through the pages of the thread:
So in other words, another tuner.

I never said Singer was affiliated with Porsche in any way, and I could care less if they are a Tuner company. Their revision of the 911 is nothing short of amazing, and I for one would love to experience it in game, because God knows I never will in RL.

No I did not read the entire thread, at work, however I get what the thread is about. All I was suggesting was if PD could not get licensing for Porsche, I would love if they could for the Singer 911. If they can't for that either, well then life sucks.
The point is (as has been discussed a number of times) that without the Porsche licence they will not get Singer. Singer modified and/or restored Porsche's are still Porsche's and would require the Porsche licence to be in GT6.

Ergo: No Porsche licence = No Singers

I hate to beat a dead horse *kicking and stomping*

I know the Huayra is not a Porsche, but isn't it licensed like Porsche? The reason why I bring this up is because I was reading up on GRID2 (Codemasters) and they have the Pagani Huayra featured. So if there is/was a license, did it expire and could the same happen for Porsche?

I know the Huayra is not a Porsche, but isn't it licensed like Porsche? The reason why I bring this up is because I was reading up on GRID2 (Codemasters) and they have the Pagani Huayra featured. So if there is/was a license, did it expire and could the same happen for Porsche?

I don't believe the Huayra is licensed like Porsche. EA handles Porsche's Licensing via Sub-licenses, Pagani doesn't have any outside company handling their licensing so its not exclusive.

No, the Huayra was on a timed-exclusive deal, they never had a complete exclusive license, just nobody else could include it for a year. Porsche is different, they have complete control of it.

EA have the license. Which sucks, but such is life.

Forza cuts deals with EA to get the cars, so clearly it's possible.
Gran Turismo so far has not. Not because it's not possible, but because they don't want to pay EA's price.

It's really up to PD how valuable they think having Porsches in the series is.

Exactly

Just a question why would it matter that we dont have porsche in a gt series?

I mean RUF look like porsche.

I have never been bothered as long as I have one or the other

I just can't see how RUF can replace Porsche. Apart from similarities with the chassis and body, they aren't comparable in any way.
I'm a huge Porsche fan, and driving RUFs because I can't get Porsche because some stupid license problems, dosn't fit in my close-minded head. This is just my opinion, I don't want to attack or offend anyone.

AlvaroF
I just can't see how RUF can replace Porsche. Apart from similarities with the chassis and body, they aren't comparable in any way.
I'm a huge Porsche fan, and driving RUFs because I can't get Porsche because some stupid license problems, dosn't fit in my close-minded head. This is just my opinion, I don't want to attack or offend anyone.

No offence taken some prefer the real Porsche others are happy with RUF.

60 odd years of iconic race cars mean anything to you?

On the other hand if it's road cars, I suppose RUF rather than Porsche, but more manufacturers is better than less.

Last edited:
Forza managed to get a deal from EA for the license (EA holds exclusive rights), as it was in the game in previous iterations it's a manufacturer that almost belongs in the series. PD did not get this deal as either EA wasn't letting them in or they asked for too much.

Tired Tyres

On the other hand if it's road cars, I suppose RUF rather than Porsche, but more manufacturers is better than less.

Good point I hadnt realised about the race cars.

There have been approx. 17 base RUF models in history, all road cars. I believe there are roughly 70+ base Porsche road cars and hundreds of race car variations.

Quite right.

While they may look very, very similar the differences between them make the inclusion of both marques important.

Nothing from Porsche is quite like a Yellowbird and nothing from Ruf is quite like a GT2 or GT3 road car.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but can't PD contact Porsche and work something out with them directly, bypassing EA?

No. Porsche have ceded all responsibility on video game licensing of their cars to EA. Porsche leave it up to EA to decide what to do with their brand in video games.

If it was that easy Porsche would have been in GT2 or GT3.

No. Porsche have ceded all responsibility on video game licensing of their cars to EA. Porsche leave it up to EA to decide what to do with their brand in video games.

If it was that easy Porsche would have been in GT2 or GT3.

I see. A stupid move in my eyes, but what can you do...

It is but as you say, not much we can do about it. Porsche seem quite happy to leave everything up to EA even if it is detrimental to gamers as a whole.

Not even just to gamers, but IMO to themselves to an extent. If I was head of a car manufacturer as prestigious and as historic as Porsche, I'd let my cars be featured in all serious games, to let more and more people out there know about its history etc etc.

Latest Posts

Back