Will GT6 retain Top Gear test track?

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
Just like the title says... I haven't seen this mentioned but since they signed on to Forza it makes me wonder if the TGTT will be back in GT6...

There's no reason to think it'd be cut; the BBC is not in the habit of giving exclusive licenses, so both titles should be keeping it 👍

Thought I had read somewhere that the F deal was exclusive and why the Stig outfit couldn't be in game. Could be wrong.

Either way ya the cones suck and the lighting is even worse there. Hope they fix it up if it returns.

I hope the barriers are push back so you can acheive a higher top speed. The barrier are not so close together in real life.

There's no reason to think it'd be cut; the BBC is not in the habit of giving exclusive licenses, so both titles should be keeping it 👍

This. 👍 That's great to hear BBC doesn't do exclusives, I was really worried. :P Since Willow Springs we can go off track and be reset back on track, we must test TGTT if those invisible walls are gone for good at release. :)

Yeah, what I found a bit irritating about the TGTT in GT5 was even if I went a little of the tarmac, I would hit an invisible barrier and go spinning. An irritance especially in my main drift car (HKS Silvia)

Yeah, what I found a bit irritating about the TGTT in GT5 was even if I went a little of the tarmac, I would hit an invisible barrier and go spinning. An irritance especially in my main drift car (HKS Silvia)

My issue really has been the cones and HARSH penalties associated with them. The other issue is the truly horrid lighting. Don't bother trying to take any pictures there :(

JEMcG
I hope not. The track really sucks.

It's useless for racing, but it's an automotive icon. Top Gear has an enormous fan base worldwide, and those fans like having Top Gear just because.

I hope the track does returmn for GT6...but only if the replay camera angles are the same as they are in the show. I want to see my car fly past the tyre wall and make the camera shake!!

I hope, they do. Would love to see them extend the cooperation with the franchise (Clarkson as speaker, Race against Stig, Reasonably priced car-challenges, ...). The studio would be a great photomode location :-)

Thought I had read somewhere that the F deal was exclusive and why the Stig outfit couldn't be in game. Could be wrong.

Either way ya the cones suck and the lighting is even worse there. Hope they fix it up if it returns.

In what game it couldn't be possible? :confused: Simpson Helmets and Alpinestars own the rights for Stig's helmet and suit, so it is always possible. ;)

I don't see any reason it would be removed but if it were I would not loose any sleep over it. It is cool to drive on sometimes but no one I know likes to race on it.

They should expand it and make it free-roamable.
The perimeter road would make a nice 4.81 Km old-style fast circuit.

2QiGyRX.jpg

Add another layout : The Runway for drag strip :) and of course time change and weather, I want sunset rainy day at Top Gear track, perfect for some photo shoot. Come to think of it, PD should give more weather options - how heavy the rain is, drizzle, downpour or sporadic shower :D

Than we can really get that roll going through Hammerhead in the compact FWD cars :D

SHIRAKAWA Akira
They should expand it and make it free-roamable.
The perimeter road would make a nice 4.81 Km old-style fast circuit.

This + 1000

I want to go down that runway screaming "POWEEEEEER" until 180 mph

I hope it will be in GT6.

I agree on an expanded, barrierless, coneless, Runway Drag strip, dynamic weather, day/night cycled TGTT
and a proper Time Trial with the RPC, because that should mean Vauxhall Astra, just don't forget to implement the VXR version aswell, this time.

Add another layout : The Runway for drag strip :) and of course time change and weather, I want sunset rainy day at Top Gear track, perfect for some photo shoot. Come to think of it, PD should give more weather options - how heavy the rain is, drizzle, downpour or sporadic shower :D

In England the appropriate weather options are actually (equal chance) blistering sun, overcast, foggy, drizzly, pissing it down (yes, that's the technical term :sly:), flood warning, vertical river, light snow or blizzard. :lol:

In England the appropriate weather options are actually (equal chance) blistering sun, overcast, foggy, drizzly, pissing it down (yes, that's the technical term :sly:), flood warning, vertical river, light snow or blizzard. :lol:

Those are very funny names - vertical river :lol:

I just thought I read somewhere (Can't remember where) that TGTT would not be in the next GT games? Or I am dreaming?

They could do a GTA-esque time trial and the fastest driver would go to Top Gear and do a real timed lap. How hard can it be?

Back