Will there ever be a Midnight Club 5?

• Thread starter ICEYOU
  • 55 comments

ICEYOU

(Banned)
United States
New York
I have been a loyal Midnight Club fan for many years buying every game since the first one came out way back in 2000 and it's been 4 years since Midnight Club LA, will there ever be another Midnight Club game? I've heard rumors of Rockstar shutting down the main developers of the series, due to personal problems even though last game profited lots of money for Rockstar. I'm sure they have enough guns to take on EA and the Need For Speed series. Right?!:nervous:

Last edited:
It's possible, but highly depends on whatever Rockstar San Diego is up to. Their last game was Red Dead Redemption, but it's possible they may be currently involved with GTA or Agent in return for Rockstar North helping out with RDR & that the creators of GTA IV's RAGE engine are housed at San Diego.

korza493
That thread is about the series being killed off, not about the possibilities off a 5th installment. 👍

ICEYOU
will there ever be another Midnight Club game? I've heard rumors of Rockstar shutting down the main developers of the series, due to personal problems even though last game profited lots of money for Rockstar.

Doesn't sound like it to me. The same subject differently worded doesn't make it a different subject.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like it to me. The same subject differently worded doesn't make it a different subject.

The thread you linked to is about the series be canceled. How is it the same subject as someone asking if there will ever be another MC game?

Too bad he already posted something about it and stop being a mini-mod. And don't worry ICEYOU I firmly believe there will be another game, which will probably be the last game.

You can't determine that, what if the game sells well?

Rockstar said in an interview after Max Payne 3 (and after reveal of GTAV), that there working on possible sequals and new games. LA Noire 2 has been hinted, Bully 2 is Wanted, Red Dead 3 shoulda/coulda happen and Midnight Club shouldn't be left to die! but New games could be Anything.
Edit: Agent is one of there new titles

Well i think a few months ago they said there gonna take a 'break' not stop because GTA V was a big focus us LA Noire, Red Dead, Max Payne 3 plus i think a new IP is due (other than Agent) for PS4/XNONE. Maybe a few years when they get bored of SandBox type games. I still want a Bully Vol2 though!.

One game that looks like MC:LA that you could play while you wait for an official version is The Crew, it's going to come out in September and looks very similar to MC:LA but on a bigger scale.

One game that looks like MC:LA that you could play while you wait for an official version is The Crew, it's going to come out in September and looks very similar to MC:LA but on a bigger scale.

I wouldn't be too excited for The Crew if I were you (Rhyming, whoo). The customization doesn't look to good, I don't believe there is a livery editor (Big difference between custom liveries and pre-made stickers), and it's being published by Ubisoft. We've already seen how disappointing Watch Dogs is compared to the E3 trailer a couple years ago.

I loved the Midnight Club series. I started playing LA for nostalgia and I would love to see a new one considering there aren't any realistic street racing games out their anymore.

I loved the Midnight Club series. I started playing LA for nostalgia and I would love to see a new one considering there aren't any realistic street racing games out their anymore.

I so want a new MC game. MCLA:CE was the first game I played in the series and it was so much fun. The bikes were a bit OP, but they could be wiped out in a second and were still extremely fun nonetheless.

I so want a new MC game. MCLA:CE was the first game I played in the series and it was so much fun. The bikes were a bit OP, but they could be wiped out in a second and were still extremely fun nonetheless.
My first MC was 3. And oh my lord, that was probably the best PS2 game I've ever played. I've spent countless hours in that game. I bought the game 3 times, because the disc kept on getting scratched. I've completed the game 3 times because I would always accidentally corrupt the data when I was a kid.

I wouldn't be too excited for The Crew if I were you (Rhyming, whoo). The customization doesn't look to good, I don't believe there is a livery editor (Big difference between custom liveries and pre-made stickers), and it's being published by Ubisoft. We've already seen how disappointing Watch Dogs is compared to the E3 trailer a couple years ago.
I do believe the developers stated that there would be more than just premade stickers and I dont mind the customization at this point, every part has a specific place (bulbars for off-road, GT wing for circuit) and I feel that even if the customization is a little sub-par it makes up for it in the size of the map and *Hopefully* the list of cars.

Man, I wish they would announce another Midnight Club, but I just don't see it coming soon at all, honestly. If only they could close off the series with a next-gen title. LA, although still very good, doesn't seem like a good way to close it for me.

I'm going all wish-list here, but if only they made just one more Midnight Club that takes place in Tokyo, now THAT'S the way to close a series about street racing. :dopey:

I do enjoy MC3 and some of MCLA, but it's the type of game I can only play for about 2 hours. Any longer, and there is a good chance neighbors will hear explicit language due to the AI cheating off its 🤬.

I'm going all wish-list here, but if only they made just one more Midnight Club that takes place in Tokyo, now THAT'S the way to close a series about street racing. :dopey:

MC1 and MCLA are the only ones that don't go to Tokyo in some capacity. MC3 had it in the Remix, which holds the distinction of NOT recognizing the regular MC3 game saves, and MC2 had it in the main game. Besides, if they want to do it right, the technology is there to cover all of Japan, and THAT I would pay for.

Last edited:
I do enjoy MC3 and some of MCLA, but it's the type of game I can only play for about 2 hours. Any longer, and there is a good chance neighbors will hear explicit language due to the AI cheating off its 🤬.

MC1 and MCLA are the only ones that don't go to Tokyo in some capacity. MC3 had it in the Remix, which holds the distinction of NOT recognizing the regular MC3 game saves, and MC2 had it in the main game. Besides, if they want to do it right, the technology is there to cover all of Japan, and THAT I would pay for.
Technically MCLA did have Tokyo. However it's only for the PSP version.

As for Midnight Club itself, it really should get at least one more game for a proper finale. MCLA was great and I really want one more game.

Latest Posts

Back