Will we be able to upgrade parts and tune cars in GT Sport?

• Thread starter Longhorn05
  • 44 comments
If there aren't going to be any tuning upgrades like turbo stages, Na tuning. Different stages of suspension, gearbox tuning and the like I don't think I'm going to like this version of gt and I have been a very avid fan since the first instalment... I'm my opinion the 1st through to the 4th were the best Gran Turismo has ever been sure the graffics and handling has become more realistic which is awesome, but they have slowly been taking away from the game what made it such an addiction to begin with. I worried I'm just going to be extremely disappointed with gt sport... I hope all at Polyphony are reading this... Come on guys bring back what GT once was don't strip it down and rebuild it just refine it. It was once a great game, now not so much....

“Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everything has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped”, stated Yamauchi. Maybe there is still hope for my tuning parts :)

“Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everything has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped”, stated Yamauchi. Maybe there is still hope for my tuning parts :)

Haha, yeah, good one, Kaz. ;)

I very much doubt that GTS will include performance parts tuning, as that would go against the core design feature of having a finite, balanced set of performance classifications.

I very much doubt that GTS will include performance parts tuning, as that would go against the core design feature of having a finite, balanced set of performance classifications.
There's no technical reason you can't have both and just have the game decide what parts are allowed in the official lobbies and bar track entry to anyone that has parts that are disallowed. If upgrades aren't included it'll be a deliberate design choice on the part of PD.

There's no technical reason you can't have both and just have the game decide what parts are allowed in the official lobbies and bar track entry to anyone that has parts that are disallowed. If upgrades aren't included it'll be a deliberate design choice on the part of PD.

The dynamic performance index system in Forza Motorsports works well enough if you're just driving casually against AI opponents. But when players start optimizing to shed as much time per lap as possible, they eventually figure out 2 or 3 car configurations that are superior, and then all of those other configuration options become irrelevant to players who want to be competitive. I assume it's too difficult to implement a dynamic performance index system that very accurately indicates a car configuration's on-track strength, which is why I don't expect PD to do so.

Well, one thing does not exclude the other. You would have a balanced set of performance classifications with cars being stock, and I suppose you will also be able to race with tuned cars out of this in the online lobbies and other parts of the game.

PD's communication is pretty bad, lots of people are still confused what sport even is.

When did he say this? I take anything this man says with a huge bucket of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can change rims
DFwE0vFUAAQQ9Ia.jpg

Anyone who believes anything that comes out of KAZ's mouth is setup for disappointment.

Back