Wimbledon 2012

• Thread starter Matty
  • 187 comments
And then.. Went and played a Doubles game with Venus :dopey:

Just watching the 1st mens semi between Djokovic and Federer..Federer won first set 6-4, but Djokovic leads 4-1 in the second and they've only been playing for 42 minutes!!

Federer take the 3rd set and is winning 2 sets to 1, there are some epic rallies.
I love watching Federer play.

Edit: Federers broken novaks serve again, all he has to do now is hold his own and he's through to the final

Last edited:
Federer take the 3rd set and is winning 2 sets to 1, there are some epic rallies.
I love watching Federer play.

Edit: Federers broken novaks serve again, all he has to do now is hold his own and he's through to the final

Me too, an absolute joy to behold. I don't watch tennis much, but it is an amazing game when you watch the top 3 going head to head. I love the way they're so relentless, just pummeling each other. I love the way Federer hits the ball, his forehand is like a whip and his backhand looks so languid but it's so consistent and brilliant. The guy is incredible. IMO if he was as physically able as Djokovic and/or Nadal he would be the blueprint of the perfect Tennis player.

Federer is playing great tennis this match, he was poor in the second set, making plenty of unforced errors but he's been pure class since then.

Jesus just watching Djokovic he's crumbling at the moment, really didn't expect this!

What makes it more impressive is that he's 30, which is getting on a bit for a tennis player. And he's still outclassing Djokovic.
The guy is a true legend of tennis. I googled it earlier and Federer is rumoured to be worth $250 million, maybe more.

Edit: he's done it, through to yet another Wimbledon final.

Last edited:
Murray or Tsonga will have one helluva job to do on sunday!!

Murray/Tsonga match about to begin.

Edit: Well, I've already leapt out of my chair thrice. These guys are both brilliant players, MG!

Last edited:
I daren't take my eyes off the screen . . . multi-tasking is getting out of the question.

Edit: That last fall didn't do Murray's ankle any good. Tsonga is playing like a tiger.

Edit: Murray takes the first two sets. Murraymania is out in full; but Tsonga is rallying hard.

Last edited:
Good old Murray - always making life hard on himself. He was completely on top then obviously started day dreaming about the final and now he's a break down with a couple of dreadful games, and Tsonga has the momentum. You get the impression he genuinely has the talent to beat the top 3, just not the mentality. He lacks that relentlessness they have.

God, Tsonga is such a weird player, so many bizarre decisions. If Murray makes it to the final, Federer will not gift Murray anything like this many easy points.

Tsonga is making a comeback now. Murray has to relentlessly keep up the pressure if he wants to face Federer.

Tsonga has stamina, loads of it; even with that last barrel roll he did, he's up and running. A lot of tactical moves, he needs to get get a bit more emotional over the game.

I see Tsonga as a very incomplete player, one with very big strengths but also very big weaknesses. Means he can be devastating, but can also be rubbish as we've seen at times today.

Lol! That was way too many balls knocking around there. Not intentional but pretty macho on the Scottish Terror's part.

Got to add: even so Tsonga's display of pain-control was quite breath-taking. Amen.

Edit: The average guy, with a whack like that to the nuts, would have bolted, but Tsonga is tightening the screws on Murray, nailing those shots, even leaping over chairs.

Last edited:
The excitement in this match . . .

is too damn high.

Tsonga still has a chance of pulling this off. There's a lot of pressure on Murray to win though; long time since a Brit stole the limelight here.

Good call wins the match. Game, set, match, and finals to Murray.
Tsonga played well, though it just wasn't good enough; he could have been better.
Tomorrow the Ladies' finals. Then on to watch my man Federer. Going to be a blast, Andy. :)

Last edited:
Murray wins ! Federer will demolish him in the final, but at least he got there.

Enjoying the tournament dhandes ?

I thought Spain deserved to win.

:lol:

Great performance by muuray!! really pleased for him!!

Does anyone actually know what time the final will start on sunday?..i hope it doesnt clash with the grand prix! :scared:

Well..the GP starts at 1.00 pm, a grand prix sometimes lasts about 90 mins+, so if the match IS on at 2.00 then the two will clash a bit!

Really happy Murray's through to the final. I think i'm right in saying Murray and Federer have met 16 times, and Murray has won 9 times, which bodes well.
But the BBCs coverage of the tennis and the F1 will almost certainly clash :grumpy: Programming for the tennis starts at 12.55pm but the build up will be quite long, so the match might not start till 2:00pm, with the race starting at 1:00pm. It might not be too bad.

Who are we tipping to win then? Personally I think it's going to be rather close, but I'm not sure Murray has got it in him.

I too will be extremely annoyed if the GP and the Men's Final clash.

Normally I think Federer would win, With him being so good at Wimbledon and all.
But i've just got this gut feeling Murray might edge it, and so far this sporting season my gut feelings have served me very well.

Normally I think Federer would win, With him being so good at Wimbledon and all.
But i've just got this gut feeling Murray might edge it, and so far this sporting season my gut feelings have served me very well.

It shall be extremely interesting. What about the Ladies Final, anyone?

Back