Witcher 3

Barbers are the same. They only appear when you are close to them. First time was OK, but the second time I found a drunk one! Can't remember where that first one was.

Picked up my sword from Hattori. Level 12? Good though.

Took me about 10 minutes to beat that Jenny Wraith! I was Level 13. Level 10 mission. After trying most of the signs, I went for the protection one so I could move in for a few good hits before rolling out of range to fire a few (fairly ineffective) crossbow bolts.

How can you increase your capacity? I have a saddlebag.

Found a new Crossbow on one mission... Level 14 with one point of extra damage.

Not sure about the overall advantage of those medallion things for weapon and armour as kit gets replaced frequently and you can't reclaim them.

I must admit to finding Fast Travel increasingly frustrating as you need to get to the nearest signpost to use it. At least in Skyrim you could use it anywhere to the equivalent of a signpost location.

Must be in excess of 30 hours play now.

Ooooh damn, I just finished up Triss' story.

And to hell with Yennefer, stupid manipulative, controlling bitch! I'ma take the redhead :D

I mean, c'mon:

latest

There's only one problem.

I send her on to Kear Morhen... Just like Keira, whom I've happened to have shagged a while before :scared: Geralt's got a bit of a cat fight coming, I'd think.
Yeah, I am quite the man who're in this game......even stop in the brothels periodically. And by periodically, I mean any chance I get. Hope it doesn't affect the relationship with Yen?

@Rogs@dice1998 I didn't say that about yennifer it was@Luminis words.

Uncharted 4 has a babe in it. I wonder if we play or do her. And you know what I mean he he

As for yennifer. Not sure she's as hot as Keira. But wouldn't say no to both. Redhead looks of too. Darn guys stop spoiling for me just haven't done one of them yet lol. Haven't stepped foot in a brothel either yet.

Last edited:
So my brother finally decided to get this game for Xbox1 after seeing me play for so long on my ps4. Decided to go to Target to get it as it was $42 or something like that. Came home, only to find out he was missing the game disc, sticker pack, and the map. Told him to go back to Target and exchange, hoping they don't think that he scammed them (lol). The Target employee opened another one to make sure he gets the game disc this time, and same thing, missing the same exact items. They must have had a bad shipment or whatever. He had to go to another Target at a different city to get it :lol::lol::lol:

Hey guys so I finally made it to level 10. Anyway so I went to all this trouble to get the griffin armor only to find that the the griffin armor doesn't seem to be much better than this armor.

Bloed steel sword
85-105 damage level 8
+9% yrden sign intesity
+10% critical hit damage bonus
+6% chance to cause bleeding
+2% bonus experience from humans and nonhumans
0 empty
0 empty
0 empty

ADDAN DEITH Silver sword
149-183 damage level 7
+9% aard sign intensity
+9% axii sign intensity
+23% critical hit damage bonus
+4% critical hit chance
+1% chance to freeze
0 empty
0 empty
0 empty

Ban Ard Breastplate
65 armor level 7 heavy armor
+5% quen sign intensity
+30% resistance to piercing damage
+20% resistance to bludgeoning damage
+4% resistance to bleeding
+35% resistance to slashing damage
0 empty

Trackers gauntlets
20 armor level 9 light armor
+1% aard sign intensity
+1% resistance to piercing damage
+2% resistance to bludgeoning damage
+3% resistance to slashing damage
+1% critical hit chance
0 empty

Trackers trousers
24 armor level 9 medium armor
+4% resistance to piercing damage
+4% resistance to bludgeoning damage
+9% resistance to slashing damage
+2% resistance to elemental damage
0 empty

Assassin boots
26 armor level 10 light armor
+3% adrenaline point gain
+2% resistance to piercing damage
+2% resistance to bludgeoning damage
+3% resistance to poisoning
+4% resistance to slashing damage
0 empty

Last edited:
So, something I just found out :indiff:

I've heard about Cat School Techniques having issues and, thus, decided to test it a little. See what it does and doesn't do. Figured things out, I think.

First off, calculation.
Observation: Normal hits were dealing about 1,000 damage against Endrega Workers. Crits about 1,300 without Cat School Techniques. Give our take, didn't test long enough to get exact numbers for an average.
With Cat School Techniques and four pieces of light armour, my critical hits would deal about 1,600 damage.
Conclusion: "Each piece of light armor increases critical hit damage by 25%" means increasing the critical hit damage bonus by 25% per piece. eg.: Going from +30% damage on a crit to +60%. The current wording of the ability makes it sound like it straight up doubles the damage a crit does. CDPR might want to change that.

Now, for the stupid bug that skill has.

Observation: Cat School Techniques does not improve fast attack critical hit damage. With or without, the damage my crits deal won't change. The above numbers are for strong attacks.
Conclusion: Someone mixed up strong and fast attacks when coding Cat School Techniques.

I've yet to test the base damage increase. Might very well apply to the wrong attacks as well.
Can someone explain to me what the different colours of trousers, chest armor, boots and gauntlets mean???
They're just an indicator for rarity.
White/None < Blue < Yellow < Gold/Green

And to hell with Yennefer, stupid manipulative, controlling bitch! I'ma take the redhead :D

If her hair was a little bit less "Ow, my eyes!" then I'd be all over it. As it is it's a tough call between red and blonde.

Totally with you on Yen, I had fun with her on top of a mountain. :)

Finally found the decent Barber in Novigrad again. Just below the glass symbol on the small island at the top of the city.

Is there a good strategy for fist-fighting two opponents at the same time?

The only one I see is getting rid of the first guy fast and then moving on to the next one. Otherwise, the defense is pretty dodgy.

Is there a good strategy for fist-fighting two opponents at the same time?

The only one I see is getting rid of the first guy fast and then moving on to the next one. Otherwise, the defense is pretty dodgy.

I've faced 5 guys at a fist-fight once. What I do is parry to stun a couple of them and use Aard or Quen

Easiest way to win fist fights: Dodge (real easy), then hit a strong attack. Rinse and repeat. Zero risk involved.

If you're fighting two guys, keep moving away until they separate, then commence with dodging and strong attacks.

Is it true that after a certain point in the main storyline a bunch of side quests will fail?

I've only failed one quest also. Something about helping some people on one of the battlefields. Defending them or something like that.

Only reason I failed is I moved on too quickly. I wish I could automatically fail some quests. Especially the Gwent ones as I don't plan on playing the game.

Had another Quest failure... the Fake Papers one. Not that it mattered as I had legit ones. Told him about his brother, which caused the failure.

Up to in excess of 50 hours, though it may be more as at one point, the time went from 0 days 22 hours to 0 days 8 hours next time I checked. There had been an update between the two.

Is ir possible to return to Kaer Morhen (or whatever it's called). I brought it up on the World Map and opened it, but there was no signpost.

Is ir possible to return to Kaer Morhen (or whatever it's called). I brought it up on the World Map and opened it, but there was no signpost.

It's probably not a spoiler to say that you get there eventually. Once you get far enough through the story, you will end up there and then there are signposts so that you can travel back and forth at will.

Also, it's incredibly pretty.

I'm at level 11 and so far the hardest fight was between either the werewolf after the tree spirit, Ignis Fatuus. The Fiend and the gargoyle i got lucky with. I somehow got the game to glitch by barring them into a corner wall or into a certain position in which they couldn't attack me and i could just slash away at them it was so easy lol.

I did the quest Swamp thing at level 10 which is a level 12 quest. I got payed twice the amount about 518 coins the most I have ever earned from one quest.

The last thing I did was take on the pirates at The coast of wrecks. That was fun shooting all the drowners underwater. One shot kills on all of them lol. Now the treasure is mine :)

Last edited:
I did the quest Swamp thing at level 10 which is a level 12 quest. Everytime i go back to make that the objective quest the game tells me to collect payment in a week. But I've done a load of other quests since then at level 12 now and when I go back to that quest it still tells me to wait a week. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I haven't done that one, but it's possible that it hasn't actually been an in-game week despite you going up several levels. If you're not travelling all over the place it's very easy to get a lot done in very little in-game time.

I'd just sit in front of the quest giver and meditate a week away, that should work. It works for everything else where you have to wait some amount of time. Failing that, google to see if the quest is bugged. There's a few still out there, and it might be one.

I haven't done that one, but it's possible that it hasn't actually been an in-game week despite you going up several levels. If you're not travelling all over the place it's very easy to get a lot done in very little in-game time.

I'd just sit in front of the quest giver and meditate a week away, that should work. It works for everything else where you have to wait some amount of time. Failing that, google to see if the quest is bugged. There's a few still out there, and it might be one.

Thanks I finally got the payment. 510 coins. It was either waiting and doing other quests or the fact i'm now at level 12.

The problem I'm finding with this game is that I've completed a lot of side quests in the whole of velen and velen-novigrad. I'm at level 19 and there is only 7 noticeboards left. There are still some exclamation marks and sidequests which are monsters at levels way above me. The game is telling me to travel to skellige. But some of the noticeboards that are now white advertised loads of jobs of which I could only do 1 job on the whole board. These question marks and exclamation marks don't seem to be increasing my level. How am I supposed to get to level 30 or above when these quests aren't levelling me up fast enough. I'm waiting to do level 24 so I can get superior griffin gear. Sometimes i just don't get this game. Also some secondary quests are too high a level and I'm not sure I should do them on a lower level. Do I sail to skellige and advance the story to level up faster. I can't see how I am going to level up high enough. I can see me completing the game before getting all the ability points and level up. It doesn't make sense. I'm thinking the developers should have made more quests playable rather than them do nothing when you take them from noticeboards and they should level you up faster.

Last edited:
I'm nearing the end of the game, slowly.

Hate to admit it, but I'm losing motivation a little. Now that Geralt is getting stronger and my build is getting more and more fleshed out, it feels like the game's becoming ever easier. This is making exploration a lot less interesting, I feel. Even skull-marked enemies feel like a push over but most enemies are grey, anyway. There's no excitement because of the lack of danger... Plus, it doesn't feel very rewarding to kick someone's teeth in in mere seconds because you're a god amongst men. Even on Death March! :indiff:

Hate to admit it, but I'm losing motivation a little. Now that Geralt is getting stronger and my build is getting more and more fleshed out, it feels like the game's becoming ever easier. This is making exploration a lot less interesting, I feel. Even skull-marked enemies feel like a push over but most enemies are grey, anyway. There's no excitement because of the lack of danger... Plus, it doesn't feel very rewarding to kick someone's teeth in in mere seconds because you're a god amongst men. Even on Death March! :indiff:

I'm getting something like that too. Mind that I'm only level 28 and I still have quests and contracts to do, but I am finding more and more enemies that I can kill off pretty easily. Though once there are more enemies at once it gets pretty difficult but even then it's pretty easy if you plan it out. Playing on Death March too.

I've read somewhere that it might have been better if the game didn't have a leveling system, since Geralt should be powerful at this time in his life. The only challenges are the more exotic monsters or when facing several enemies at once.

I'm getting something like that too. Mind that I'm only level 28 and I still have quests and contracts to do, but I am finding more and more enemies that I can kill off pretty easily. Though once there are more enemies at once it gets pretty difficult but even then it's pretty easy if you plan it out. Playing on Death March too.
I'm level 27 myself... It's not that I can't find content appropriate to my level, but even content above my level is getting to easy. At level 4, the griffin in White Orchard was challenging. Fight a level 24 griffin at level 24 and he's a pushover. Geralt just scales infinitely more with increasing level than his opponents.

I've read somewhere that it might have been better if the game didn't have a leveling system, since Geralt should be powerful at this time in his life. The only challenges are the more exotic monsters or when facing several enemies at once.
Saw a topic on Reddit discussing this. I, personally, like the leveling although it doesn't fit the lore. My suspicion is that CDPR didn't add the skill trees until after balancing the game's difficulty around nothing but increasing stats and better gear. That's why the game gets progressively easier over time.

This is also killing my excitement for New Game + :indiff:

I'm level 27 myself... It's not that I can't find content appropriate to my level, but even content above my level is getting to easy. At level 4, the griffin in White Orchard was challenging. Fight a level 24 griffin at level 24 and he's a pushover. Geralt just scales infinitely more with increasing level than his opponents....

I feel that a part of what made the griffin in White Orchard difficult was just getting used to the gameplay. Revisiting it now, I don't think it would be as difficult.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea in practice or gameplay-wise, but perhaps consider using crappier equipment or using less skills and/or mutagens.

My problem came when I did the contracts and sidequests and towards the middle/end of Novigrad and Skellige, my level was out of sync with the main quests. But after 85+ hours, I'm ready to finish the game, move on and come back for the DLC.

One of the best moments in the game was the drunken night in KM :lol:

I'm level 27 myself... It's not that I can't find content appropriate to my level, but even content above my level is getting to easy. At level 4, the griffin in White Orchard was challenging. Fight a level 24 griffin at level 24 and he's a pushover. Geralt just scales infinitely more with increasing level than his opponents.

Saw a topic on Reddit discussing this. I, personally, like the leveling although it doesn't fit the lore. My suspicion is that CDPR didn't add the skill trees until after balancing the game's difficulty around nothing but increasing stats and better gear. That's why the game gets progressively easier over time.

This is also killing my excitement for New Game + :indiff:

Yeah, I'm noticing that too. And funny enough about Geralt scaling is when he faces the bosses of the Wild Hunt. I've only defeated Imlerith but honestly he's one of the best bosses in this game. He's ridiculously challenging on Death March

It would be nice to get a NG+, or like Dark Mode from Witcher 2. Then again, that'll require revamping the enemies and adding in Dark equipment. Too much effort for CD at this point

I'm not sure if this is a good idea in practice or gameplay-wise, but perhaps consider using crappier equipment or using less skills and/or mutagens.

IMO I don't think that'll be very fun.

Dunno. Never really gave me a good feeling.

That's like your typical Dragonball Z guy, going "that was about 50% of my true power!" after winning a fight :lol: Might as well not use the dodge buttons.

From a developers stand point, it's a fine line to walk making a game too hard that it's discouraging, and too easy that it becomes boring and unrewarding. I take it your difficulty level is maxed as well?

Yeah, I am quite the man who're in this game......even stop in the brothels periodically. And by periodically, I mean any chance I get. Hope it doesn't affect the relationship with Yen?

I was thinking the same thing after the lighthouse incident. She is an old flame after all. Gonna have me some sorceress three way when I get back to Kear Morhen, or they are going to tie me to a stake and burn me alive. We'll see. :)

Last edited:
From a developers stand point, it's a fine line to walk making a game too hard that it's discouraging, and too easy that it becomes boring and unrewarding.
Absolutely. Wouldn't even mention it if it wasn't for the game being decently balanced in terms of difficulty in the earlier parts.
I take it your difficulty level is maxed as well?
Yup :D

Back