Witcher 3

Had the "Geralty-Pooh" moment, which raised a laugh.

I'm now trying to defeat Ignis Fatuus. The quest is green in the list, only around a level higher than my current level. He is ridiculously hard, even on easy. A couple of hits and Geralt is dead!

Had the "Geralty-Pooh" moment, which raised a laugh.
Keira? ;)

I'm now trying to defeat Ignis Fatuus. The quest is green in the list, only around a level higher than my current level. He is ridiculously hard, even on easy. A couple of hits and Geralt is dead!
Try using a Dimitrium Bomb and place Yrden Signs. Also, try to keep your Quen up. That should help.

Yeh Ignis Fatuus aka the Foglett from hell is a sod. I just about had him on the ropes when I was Lvl 7 but couldn't quite do it. I've left him to chill while do some ? Hunting.

Always a good choice to come back stronger 👍

Guys, another bug I found. Check your mutagens after loading a save. They don't get all the bonuses from linked skills unless you re-equip them. Doing that after loading a save gets me another 10% sign intensity, 7% attack power and 150 vitality. Don't know why, but the mutagens are always one bonus short. Annoying, that's what it is :indiff:

Can someone give me some advice please.

I'm still doing the Ladies of the Wood and helped the godling or gogling now I'm at level 7 and need to talk to ealdorman.

I remember when doing the wandering in the dark and magic lamp. You collect an awful lot of diagrams and manuscripts I think for new armor and swords. I defeated a Gargoyle but also a Golem which for some reason doesn't show up in the bestiary. Maybe because they so easy to kill. I looted all the secret room behind crumbled walls.

At the moment i'm using viper steel sword level 2, Maugrim silver sword level 3, Bounty hunters gambeson level 4 chest armor, cavalry gauntlets level 3, assassins trousers level 2, hunting boots level 3. Is there any equipment diagrams I've picked up while doing the above quests that will give me higher level trousers, boots, gloves or swords????

If so where are the master craftsmen to make them in velen????

Last edited:
Master Craftsmen are the dwarf in Crow Perch and Hattori in Novigrad's harbour (love that reference, by the way). You'll have to complete their respective quests, though - level 26 or something along those lines.

For your most immediate needs, a journeyman should be sufficient. Journeyman blacksmith can be found in Oxenfurt - just walk along the eastern wall, should stumble upon him easily. The dwarf in Crow Perch should be a journeyman armourer. Aside from him, there's one in Novigrad's Hierarchy Square.

As for the crafting diagrams... The likelihood that you've got something better is fairly slim unless you've found the diagrams for the cat school or griffin school gear. You'll ulitmately just have to scroll though the list of items you can craft to make sure, though.

@Sprite I'm on PC. Thankfully, because that means I can solve the XP bug myself instead of waiting for CDPR to get their act together :lol:

@Luminis is this bug causing issues for console owners then? I've not experienced any game breaking bugs myself. Only things I've noticed are the map not loading as quickly as the environment so it's black for a second some times & if I kill enemies who are in the air or above me, their body parts are floating.

Hit Lvl 11 today but I'm still just clearing all the ? I can. I haven't even completed the Bloody Baron quests. :)

I'm also working through, side quests, treasure hunts & Witcher quests which are in or around my level.

I proceeded with the Pyres of Novigrad, bug-free. :) So far everything turned out well for me except one quest. The witcher contract (phantom in Novigrad) glitched up and I can't finish it. I can't open the basement doors.

@Sprite, the XP but isn't really a bug, although it certainly feels like one.

Long story short, quests are supposed to grey out and not give XP if their recommended level is six or more below your own level. Thing is, the visible recommended level is not the actual value the game calculates XP by. A quest might show a recommended level of 10 - you should be getting XP up until level fifteen. But the table that matters for the XP calculation lists it as a level 9 quest.

The result ist that you can never know whether a quest is actually going to give you any XP. It might look like a level 13 quest but the game will act as if it is a level 10 quest. It's not actually game breaking, sure, but terribly annoying. I hate doing quests without being rewarded...

And yeah, this issue affects every platform, I guess. I think it was an attempt by CDPR to reign in the difference in experience gain between a completionist and someone who just does the story, so both can experience a roughly similar challenge later on. Sod it, I say! :lol:

I did find a mod that solves the issue by allowing you to assign new "internal levels" to every quest. Which means I can have the game calculate every quest as if it was a level 21 quest and get full XP for my level 18 Geralt no matter which colour the quest is shown as.

Last edited:
It looks like the patch is out on PC.

Changelog

Patch 1.05:
  • Fixes a possible exploit by preventing certain drowners from respawning infinitely
  • Improves the distribution of experience points gained by completing quests with recommended levels lower than the player character level.
  • Merchants now offer more weapon types.
  • Rebalances the prices of maps that can be purchased from merchants.
  • Clarifies a number of crafting diagrams.
  • Fixes an exploit whereby players could buy sea shells and sell the pearls inside them at a higher price.
  • Increases the variety of loot dropped throughout the game.
  • Increases the variety of items available in shops.
  • Shops now only offer weapons with levels matching or exceeding the player character level.
  • Slightly reduces the amount of coin dropped from chests and monsters.
  • Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative.
  • Fixes an issue where runestones could not be upgraded to greater runestones.
  • Reduces the spawn time of selected groups of NPCs.
  • Geralt no longer interacts with candles placed near chests and other openable objects.
  • Improves the smoothness of camera movement.
  • Fixes a number of issues related to horseback riding.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not deflect arrows/bolts at longer distances.
  • Introduces a number of fixes in in-game communities.
  • Introduces a number of fixes related to combat.
  • Vitality begins to drop if Toxicity exceeds 80%, as originally intended.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach.
  • Improves Geralt's movement, especially when he swims.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Geralt could be attached to a sinking boat while aiming his crossbow.
  • Fixes a number of issues related to Vitality regeneration.
  • Fixes an issue whereby certain actions could be randomly blocked during gameplay.
  • Fixes a rare issue whereby Geralt could not mount Roach after fast travelling between points.
  • Fixes a number of minor tooltip and wording bugs.
  • Adds a series of color-blind friendly features. Improves visibility of tracks, marks, footprints and scent clues. Color-blind friendly features can be enabled in the Options\Gamplay submenu.
  • Introduces a number of additional fixes to alt + tabbing.
  • Fixes an issue where The Witcher 3 process did not close properly if the user did not have XAUDIO installed.
  • Introduces a number of general stability and performance improvements.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain situations the game could crash while a save was being loaded.
  • Adds some missing translations in localized versions.
  • Ciri can no longer unlock fast travel points.
  • Improves the behavior of sails when viewed from longer distances.
  • Improves performance in selected scenes and cutscenes.
  • Fixes an issue where clouds and fog could flicker on some hardware configurations.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt could pass through walls in the fish market in Novigrad.
  • Removes repeated sound cues on entry into GUI panels a second time.
  • Adds a collision near Kaer Gelen that could cause the player to be blocked inside the building.
  • Improves the scale of selected elements of the GUI and HUD.
  • Introduces a number of bug fixes and user experience improvements in the GUI panels.
  • Introduces a number of small changes in the UI for gwent.
  • Improves the alignment of the HUD for the 21:9, 4:3 and 5:4 screen ratios.
  • Disables "Input device changed" messages and adds options to disable on-screen combat feedback and floating tags above NPCs.
  • Adds an information prompt and Journal entries related to new DLC packages.
  • Fixes an issue where some formulae were not displayed in the Alchemy panel when the player possessed level 1 of said formulae.
  • Introduces a number of fixes in key bindings.
  • Introduces new filters for the Alchemy and Crafting panels.
  • Fixes a number of minor issues where music tracks were not triggered in their designated locations.
  • Fixes an issue where some players could not interact with an object during the Pyres of Novigrad quest.
  • Fixes an issue where some players could not make Geralt run after the Wandering in the Dark quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players could not talk to Octo after the Lord of Undvik quest.
  • Reduces the number of Wild Hunt minions spawned during the Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Keira could sometimes fall beneath the terrain during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
  • Fixes an issue where certain actions were blocked during the Blindingly Obvious quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not activate a portal during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could get trapped in the ruins of Tuirseach Castle.
  • Geralt can now always play gwent with Madame Serenity.
  • Fixes an issue where Vernon Roche would not appear at the Hanged Man's Tree during the Eye for an Eye quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not talk or otherwise interact with certain NPCs.
  • Fixes an issue where the sirens in the Lord of Undvik quest could be invincible.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions after the Carnal Sins quest.
  • Fixes an issue where some players experienced an infinite loading screen during the King's Gambit quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could experience a progression break after choosing a certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in the Count Reuven's Treasure quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Simun did not spawn properly during the Unpaid Debt quest.
  • Fixes an issue in the Contract: The Oxenfurt Drunk quest where the katakan was not hostile after being lured.
  • Fixes an issue in the Contract: Shrieker quest where the shrieker was not hostile in certain situations.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions in the Master of the Arena quest.
  • Fixes an issue where wolves were not visible in the Contract: Mysterious Tracks quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not fast travel under certain rare circumstances.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not interact with Hattori during the Swords and Dumplings quest.
  • The player can no longer take on the Apiarian Phantom contract multiple times.
  • Fixes an issue where some players could not progress during the Broken Flowers quest.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the "Novigrad, Closed City" entry might have remained in the Journal indefinitely.
  • Fixes an issue in the Return to Crookback Bog quest where monsters were spawned inside a building.
  • Players can no longer prematurely obtain a key from a halfling, thus blocking the Contract: The Apiarian Phantom quest.
  • Fixes an issue in the Greedy God quest where the player could kill a monster twice.
  • Adds fail-safes for players being unable to obtain gwent cards after Dijkstra or Lambert can no longer be found in the game.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Triss could get stuck on a set of stairs after a scene during the Now or Never quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Ermion could not leave Lugos' area during the Sunstone quest.

Last edited:
Anyone else think that having a weight limit is annoying? Sure you can buy more satchels for more storage or simply sell off stuff you don't need but I like to hoard my stuff. Especially since as far as I know you can't buy a house in this game (yet?). I recently installed a mod that just raises the max weight to 9999. I guess you could call it cheating but managing weight is just way too much of a hassle to me

There was an update on PS4 earlier.

Ignoring Ignis for the moment.

Got the money together to get to Skellige and am now nearly Level 13 having done some stuff with Yennefer. Now catching up on some Side Quests etc, back on the mainland.

Need more slots, although having sold some skins I have about 14 capacity. I have the Saddlebag, is that the only expansion available?

Money seems less of an issue now, as I am back to having more than 2000 Crowns. Got well over 300 Crowns for my foreign currency in Novigrad before going to Skellige.

Master Craftsmen are the dwarf in Crow Perch and Hattori in Novigrad's harbour (love that reference, by the way). You'll have to complete their respective quests, though - level 26 or something along those lines.

For your most immediate needs, a journeyman should be sufficient. Journeyman blacksmith can be found in Oxenfurt - just walk along the eastern wall, should stumble upon him easily. The dwarf in Crow Perch should be a journeyman armourer. Aside from him, there's one in Novigrad's Hierarchy Square.

As for the crafting diagrams... The likelihood that you've got something better is fairly slim unless you've found the diagrams for the cat school or griffin school gear. You'll ulitmately just have to scroll though the list of items you can craft to make sure, though.

@Sprite I'm on PC. Thankfully, because that means I can solve the XP bug myself instead of waiting for CDPR to get their act together :lol:

Well I'm only at level 7. I haven't really traveled far around Velen yet let alone been to Oxenfurt where is that??? All the ? and side quests seem to be levels above me in Velen and I have only found one place of power in Velen so far. I don't know which quests to do that will be at my level 7!!! otherwise the armored bandits or soldiers and some wraiths or monsters are too hard to take on. The last bit I did I was in a cut scene with the Crones after defeating the spirit of the tree and playing Ciri's escape from the crones.

Is Oxenfurt in Velen? and does it matter if I use the dwarf at crows perch or will the armor be better at Oxenfurt. If so I'd rather wait or travel there to upgrade my armor. Also I really want to go to see the dwarf herbalist in Velen as I have so many monsters that require moon dust bombs yet I haven't been given a recipe yet, we are given monsters early on which need bombs that we can't get till later in the game. That's a little annoying. So I should look out for the Journey man light medium or heavy armors?????

Last edited:
Need more slots, although having sold some skins I have about 14 capacity. I have the Saddlebag, is that the only expansion available?

Money seems less of an issue now, as I am back to having more than 2000 Crowns. Got well over 300 Crowns for my foreign currency in Novigrad before going to Skellige.
Well, you get used to it. I've got a total of 160 units of weight as my limit, I think. As long as I sell armour and weapons in time, I'm fine.

Made a lot of Crowns in Novigrad, too. Won the Gwen tournament and I'm sitting on almost 15 grand right now :lol:
Well I'm only at level 7. I haven't really traveled far around Velen yet let alone been to Oxenfurt where is that??? All the ? and side quests seem to be levels above me in Velen and I have only found one place of power in Velen so far. I don't know which quests to do that will be at my level 7!!! otherwise the armored bandits or soldiers and some wraiths or monsters are too hard to take on. The last bit I did I was in a cut scene with the Crones after defeating the spirit of the tree and playing Ciri's escape from the crones.
Just explore or do the main quest. Not every ? will be above your level, but even then, just doing the main quest solves that. Gives you a load of XP.

Is Oxenfurt in Velen? and does it matter if I use the dwarf at crows perch or will the armor be better at Oxenfurt. If so I'd rather wait or travel there to upgrade my armor. Also I really want to go to see the dwarf herbalist in Velen as I have so many monsters that require moon dust bombs yet I haven't been given a recipe yet, we are given monsters early on which need bombs that we can't get till later in the game. That's a little annoying. So I should look out for the Journey man light medium or heavy armors?????
Yes, it is in Velen.

11332589_1608196552761666_1638457865_o-550x309.jpg

And it doesn't matter where you get your armour crafted, the stats are always the same.

Ok guys here are the diagrams I have for boots, chest, trouser and gauntlets. I have only 268 coins. Not sure what to do. Still at level 7 just walked into the Armorer at Dowry near Oxenfurt harbor. Not sure if should make any one of these or not. I just bought the Ibrahim Savi's first map, is this any use??

Missing components highlighted in ( )

Boots

Boots journeyman cavalry boots level 6 18 armor (missing)

hunting boots journeyman level 1 8 armor (missing)

superior ursine boots level 27 63 armor (missing)

Chest Armor

Angrenian cuirass journeyman level 16 107 armor (have)

bounty hunters journeyman gambeson level 8 67 armor (missing)

cidarian journeyman cavalry armor level 14 97 armor (missing)

cidarian gambeson journeyman level 1 32 armor (have)

kaedweni gambeson journeyman level 3 42 armor (missing)

skellige gambeson journeyman level 2 38 armor (have)

superior ursine armor journeyman level 27 170 armor (missing)

warriors leather jacket journeyman level 1 30 armor (missing)

Gauntlets

assassins gauntlets journeyman level 12 28 armor (missing)

cavalry gauntlets journeyman level 6 14 armor (missing)

superior ursine gauntlets journeyman level 27 59 armor (missing)

trackers gauntlets journeyman level 9 20 armor (missing)

Trousers

hunters trousers journeyman level 1 8 armor (missing)

superior ursine trousers journeyman level 27 63 armor (missing)

trackers trousers journeyman level 9 24 armor (missing)

Crafting component diagram I have and haven't got.

dark iron ingot (have)

dark steel ingot (have)

dark steel plate (have)

dimeritium ingot (missing)

dimiterium plate (have)

draconid leather (missing)

glowing ore ingot (have)

hardened leather (missing)

hardened timber (have)

iron ingot (have)

leather cured using the rivian method (missing)

leather scraps (have)

linen (have)

mahakam-style dark steel ingot (have)

mahakam-style dimeritium ingot (have)

maribor-style silver ingot (have)

meteorite ingot (have)

meteorite silver ingot (have)

meteorite silver plate (missing)

refined dimertium ore (missing)

refined silver ore (have)

resin (missing)

silk (have)

silver ingot (have)

silver plate (have)

steel ingot (have)

steel plate (have)

string (have)

thread (have)

tretagor-stle steel ingot (have)

zerrikanian powder (have)

What is it with this game? I managed to complete the Hattori quest at Level 12. Admittedly, I kept my distance and shot at the Level 23/24 enemies with my Crossbow (about 50 damage per shot). At least there were NPC's assisting!

I then went on to do some low level quests to catch up. Had issues (to say the least) with Jenny O the Woods (Level 10 quest and I was Level 13). All started normally. Went to the campfire to get the Wraith to spawn. It was Level 24! Not being able to do much damage, I ran for it. This game does not play fair sometimes.

You don't have to play 1 and 2 to understand 3. In fact they provide a nice little glossary of all characters, enemies, etc in the Wild Hunt.

Hm. Wouldn't the glossary contain spoilers from 1 and 2?

I've already started 1 so I have no problem finishing that as quickly as I can.

@wraith of horus, just move on if you don't feel crafting an upgrade is worth it. You'll find all the crafting materials and coin later on, anyway.

If you can't kill stuff, lower the difficulty.

It's worth it to play the first two games first. Some people didn't like the 1st one, but I thought it was a great game.

I agree with @Luminis the money will come eventually. If you loot everything which isn't nailed down and then sell it. I'm sitting on 7000 crowns.

You'll find lots of swords and other gear which is much better than the stuff you can craft earlier in the game. I see this slowly changing to crafted gear and then on to upgraded gear.

It's worth it to play the first two games first. Some people didn't like the 1st one, but I thought it was a great game.

The combat system was really weird until I realized it was basically QTE. :lol:

Before then I thought it was just a buggy, unresponsive mess.

Yeah, it kinda does. But since you've started it doesn't hurt to continue. Though the 2nd one has a bit more impact to the Wild Hunt

Is anyone playing on PS4 with an SSD? I'm interested in the loading times.

Find it annoying that blacksmiths, herbalists, and alchemists aren't marked on the world map. They're only marked once you get close to them but vanish from the world map once you leave their vicinity

Ooooh damn, I just finished up Triss' story.

And to hell with Yennefer, stupid manipulative, controlling bitch! I'ma take the redhead :D

I mean, c'mon:

latest

There's only one problem.

I send her on to Kear Morhen... Just like Keira, whom I've happened to have shagged a while before :scared: Geralt's got a bit of a cat fight coming, I'd think.

Back