World Classic Car Series

• Thread starter M3Alex
  • 265 comments
My Samba Bus at 2 races in this series

Haha, excellent. When you flicked to rear view in the opening lap I was expecting to see a row of terrified looking kids on the back seats! :lol:

Haha, excellent. When you flicked to rear view in the opening lap I was expecting to see a row of terrified looking kids on the back seats! :lol:
I think that all 6 of your Bobs should be in the back of the Sambabus, helmeted up and just sitting there with their arms folded, whenever you drive it.

For anyone after a realistic period race tune for the Alfa GTA, as i mentioned earlier, you want to be aiming for 2.25-2.30 lap times at Monza. Here's a comparative IRL lap that i've found on YouTube:

I was very happy and amused to find the SambaBus tweaks to 206bhp, and not a bad drive once you've lowered the suspension (up to 70mm, the biggest range I've found). Once I've completed the challenges, I'm going to drop it back onto comfort tyres and take it drifting. Should make some great shots for the gallery.

PS if you change the wheels in GT Auto, it puts some meaty Goodyears on. I don't know if this affects grip, but they certainly look better.

My Samba Bus at 2 races in this series

First time I took the Samba bus for a spin, and I've got to say, that cockpit mode is somewhat "different". First time I had no clue just what was going on, but then I figured these are kinda slippery seats.

So far have only raced at the Cape and the Laguna Seca circuits in these seasonals..

I ignored the PP guidelines and just looked at the hp of the opponents and the tyre choices after my first attempt

First used the Alfa GTA, Lotus Elan, Isuzu Bellet, Ginetta G4, and the Mazda Cosmos all stock and on comfort softs and all races proved to be challenging with the best position of 3rd managed in the Ginetta on Laguna Seca.

Have since mildly tuned these cars and have managed wins in the Alfa, Lotus and the Ginetta.

And I have to say that the Ginetta G4 is an absolute peach of a car! :)

Sibo,

take your Bellet to the last race at Eifel - I won with that car stock (with comfort softs) there. Was a good race, but it is all dependant on your AI draw I guess...

Edit: Ooh, 400 posts!

Cheers for the tip... not done the Eifel one yet. Have now painted my Bellet a nice metallic orange 👍

Seems like a trend. The guys who aren't having any fun are starting with a car that's too fast, and tuning down. The guys having fun are starting with a car that's too slow and tuning up.

I don't win on the first try, but I'm having a blast with the Ginetta G4 on comfort softs and taking off the catalytic converter. Time to try Tokyo reverse with the 2000 GT on comfort softs, and see how it goes!

The payouts are decent -- when you run it a few times, you rack up some cash. In GT4, if you wanted to run half these cars, the only way was to do a 2-lap race worth 500 or 600 credits. I'll take 30,000+ any day. :)

Want a challenge? Get an original VW beetle 1100, tune it up and try to get it fast enough! It screams when tuned up!

I will share my reccommendation about these events:

They gave me a perfect reason to experience 2 of the greatest old timers in my garage in perfectly stock condition, while having a reasonably competitve race.

1. Ford Mustang GT350
2. Jaguar E-Type

Both cars are aroud 520 PP. If you keep the stock tires (please do)(sport hards), you will have more or less good race (still on the easy side), while enjoying driving these beauties in original form.

Want a challenge? Get an original VW beetle 1100, tune it up and try to get it fast enough! It screams when tuned up!

I have been trying. That is rather difficult, but fun.

They gave me a perfect reason to experience 2 of the greatest old timers in my garage in perfectly stock condition, while having a reasonably competitve race.

1. Ford Mustang GT350
2. Jaguar E-Type

Both cars are aroud 520 PP. If you keep the stock tires (please do)(sport hards), you will have more or less good race (still on the easy side), while enjoying driving these beauties in original form.

That just makes it way too easy.

I have one of those floating around in my garage.

To be honest, I have had the most fun with this series. I am using cars that would have just sat there. The highest hp I used was the 203 HP 54 Merc, and to me, that was to much power for this series.

The Schimmwagen modded up to 93hp, with weight reduction comes to 365pp, and made for some very good races. Monza and Tokyo being the toughest, as the wagen doesn't have any top end grunt.

Edit: also used Sport soft tires.

I used the Mercedes 300SL on comfort softs for all the races, except Tokyo where I upgraded it to sports hards because that little Ginetta kept outrunning me through the long corners. Fun, close racing. I like that they told you the tires and power levels of the opponents. I started with some stock slower cars on comfort softs but decided to move up to the Mercedes rather than upgrade the tires when they weren't quite enough. Maybe I'll go back and try some other slower cars on sport tires and see what I can do with 'em.

I have found the classic premium Alfa Romeo pebble beach car (forget the exact name) with comfort softs or mediums to be a reasonable close race. More than that the car is just a lot of fun to drive.

1. Ford Mustang GT350
2. Jaguar E-Type

I used the Jag - nice car, terrible brakes ;) not sure where you got the PP #s but mine has only 437 on sports hard (261 HP / 1219 kgs)

One of the AI drivers I was up against on Toyko was D.Ong... :P

And I have to say that the Ginetta G4 is an absolute peach of a car! :)

👍 I had a fully stoked one in GT4 which was a bit wild. Looking forward to repeating the experience if I can find one...haven't looked yet.

Went for the Alfa GTA, but hopefully I'll get a chance to try some other beauties before these SEs close. Anyone tried a 2CV?

👍 I had a fully stoked one in GT4 which was a bit wild. Looking forward to repeating the experience if I can find one...haven't looked yet.

Went for the Alfa GTA, but hopefully I'll get a chance to try some other beauties before these SEs close. Anyone tried a 2CV?

Ginetta G4 is in the Online Dealership, I've purchased it, but haven't tried it out yet.

I managed a win at Eifel with a 2CV, took me about 4 trips back to the tune shop.

Ginetta G4 is in the Online Dealership, I've purchased it, but haven't tried it out yet.

I managed a win at Eifel with a 2CV, took me about 4 trips back to the tune shop.

Hmm no matter what I tried I couldnt get the 2 CV anywhere near fast enough!

Hmm no matter what I tried I couldnt get the 2 CV anywhere near fast enough!

It was a couple of days ago I think the car will go 65-70mph - you have to make up the time by not braking for most of the corners, I'm pretty sure I wound up with racing softs. It could be that I lucked out and drew a batch of week opponents, as I was in and out of the tuning shop frequently.

Back