World Classic Car Series

• Thread starter M3Alex
  • 265 comments
I'm using the Toyota 2000GT '67. Mid tune these are my settings. Stage 1 weight reduction, window weight reduction, chassis reinforcement, aerodynamics spoiler-donwforce-20, tune ECU chip, intake manifold, sport air filter, sport exhaust, catalytic converter, sport ex manifold, fully customizable tranny, clutch TP, flywheel SR, adjustable LSD, carbon drive shaft, height adjustable sport suspension, sport soft tires. SUSPENSION setting..ride height-3F..-3R..spring 4.0F 3.2R dampers 2F 2R camber +2.5F 1.5R DRIVETRAIN initial torque 15, acceleration sensitivity 45, braking sensitivity 60, BRAKE balance 6F 8R TRANNY SETTING 1st 2.834, 2nd 1.901 3rd 1.372 4th 1.047 5th 0.844 final gear 4.375 top speed 240km/h. THANKS FOR READING I KNO ITS ALOT BUT THAT'S MY SETTING.

I'm using the Toyota 2000GT '67. Mid tune these are my settings. Stage 1 weight reduction, window weight reduction, chassis reinforcement, aerodynamics spoiler-donwforce-20, tune ECU chip, intake manifold, sport air filter, sport exhaust, catalytic converter, sport ex manifold, fully customizable tranny, clutch TP, flywheel SR, adjustable LSD, carbon drive shaft, height adjustable sport suspension, sport soft tires. SUSPENSION setting..ride height-3F..-3R..spring 4.0F 3.2R dampers 2F 2R camber +2.5F 1.5R DRIVETRAIN initial torque 15, acceleration sensitivity 45, braking sensitivity 60, BRAKE balance 6F 8R TRANNY SETTING 1st 2.834, 2nd 1.901 3rd 1.372 4th 1.047 5th 0.844 final gear 4.375 top speed 240km/h. THANKS FOR READING I KNO ITS ALOT BUT THAT'S MY SETTING.

Just get an E-Type Jag and coast it....!

I'm really having great fun with these seasonals. They're pulling me back into GT5, tapping into cars I had previously ignored. However, I must confess feeling a bit 'dirty' about having to tune the cars to be competitive.

It feels quite wrong and strange putting an ECU into a 60s car... Why does PD even let me do that?

brambos
...I must confess feeling a bit 'dirty' about having to tune the cars to be competitive.

Then the Mercedes 300SL Coupe '54 may be the car for you. Straight from the NCD, with neither tire upgrades nor an oil change, it is more than capable of defeating the latest round of seasonals.

I'm really having great fun with these seasonals. They're pulling me back into GT5, tapping into cars I had previously ignored. However, I must confess feeling a bit 'dirty' about having to tune the cars to be competitive.

It feels quite wrong and strange putting an ECU into a 60s car... Why does PD even let me do that?

Whilst i do think you're right ,the satisfaction i got from winning all the races in the Fiat 500(allbeit fully modified to a whopping 88BHP) was incredible.Especially Monza & Tokyo i really had to work for those two wins. :)

Bought a Datsun fairlady 100z, fun classic car! Also tried Monza in a green painted Cosmo, got 6th in that so bought a corvetter Stingray from the dealership and tuned her up-that left em all behind. Finally a decent corvette!

This is easily my favorite set of events so far, possibly because I'm even more classic than these cars:boggled:.

My favorite so far is the Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65. Everyone should try this one. I think it's the best performing 115 HP car I've driven in the game so far, and it's great to drive. I've been running it stock + sports mediums. It's only 115 hp, but I won both the Cape Ring and Laguna in close races, and it won easily at Eifel. It gets killed on the long straights at Monza and Tokyo, so I don't think it's possible to win there, but it's big fun trying, drafting, blocking, etc. I have it shared on my buzmaniii account, if anyone needs to borrow.

Now I've got to try some of the others recommended in here, like the Cosmo and G4.

EDIT: I also have it shared in my buziii account, in bone stock form without an oil change, if you want a real challenge.

Last edited:
Then the Mercedes 300SL Coupe '54 may be the car for you. Straight from the NCD, with neither tire upgrades nor an oil change, it is more than capable of defeating the latest round of seasonals.

Thanks for the suggestion: top tip of the day. The 300SL is indeed perfectly matched to the competition without tunes needed.

Cheers mate! 👍

GREAT set of races, very fun to drive! If you're not careful, you can still destroy your opposition, even if you're in their supposed PP range, but that's not a real problem. Also, the rewards, while not great or awesome, are quite good, and, if you bother with that, you don't feel like you are wasting in-game days doing these.

Myself, the first time I ran was with a fully stock Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46. In that form, it has 470PP, but with it's 367HP, it could easily outrun the competition, specially because it comes with a set of Sports/Hard tires. The only race I "almost" had some trouble was Monza, because the stock gear ratio is too short, capping speed at 200km/h, meaning the other cars would come quite close to me in the big straights and high speed corners. I would lose them again in the low speed corners, though. Even though it was easy, it was great fun, as if I even so much as touched the grass my car would spin, and victory would be much harder. And I found out that the Stingray is great for drifts too!

After all that, I equipped the car with a Fully Customizable Trasmission and breathed new life to it. These races are indeed GREAT for using those cars you like-but-never-bothered-racing-with!

The G4 stock sadly (as I found out) isn't good enough for me to win this. I had to add a few modifications to get it to about 380 PP. The transmission is the major problem of this car as it struggles in mid gears to accelerate and the AI catches the G4 on the long straights.

The G4 can't win Monza and Tokyo I think. The other 3 are just possible, at least I did them stock. It lacks top speed because of 92bhp for Monza and Tokyo

As must as i am enjoying the WCS in some of my old school classic car. I really want new fresh S-E for all category. We was supposed get them on the 3rd of this month, but now we have to wait till the 16th. And god for bid the 16th comes and we have to Waite till the 24th. Lol sorry. Aahhh smh

The G4 can't win Monza and Tokyo I think. The other 3 are just possible, at least I did them stock. It lacks top speed because of 92bhp for Monza and Tokyo

I was wrong. With tuning, I was able to beat Tokyo with the little G4 in a very fun race. I will post the modifications tomorrow.

Try the VW Kharmann Ghia. You need to put every tune on it but it'll just scrape thru to win, especially if you're savvy in the corners.

Cobra.

Just because I decided that the best way around the track was sideways.

Basically bone stock outside of a weight reduction for kicks. Sports hard, then Sports soft.

Power limiter came in handy, i didnt overpower my way through it.

Powerlimiter still overpowers, no matter how much you limit the HP peak output. Check your torque curve to see what we mean.

Better to start with a low powered car and add bits to it to make it a fair race.

Does anybody have a Samba Bus tuned to be competitive in these races shared. I'd like to try that, but I'm not sure I want to buy one and mod it. I've got six qualifying and fun cars shared on both my accounts (buziii, buzmaniii), if anybody wants to try some different challenges.

Just done these races in a stock Lotus Elan on Comfort softs :D I think it's easily the best handling car in GT5.

Does anybody have a Samba Bus tuned to be competitive in these races shared. I'd like to try that, but I'm not sure I want to buy one and mod it. I've got six qualifying and fun cars shared on both my accounts (buziii, buzmaniii), if anybody wants to try some different challenges.

I do. It's great fun. Front turns in on a dime, rear end just gets dragged around. Handles more like an early Mini Cooper than what you'd expect it too.

been going through these races with progressively slower and slower cars, really does make these races more exciting

Back