World Classic Car Series

• Thread starter M3Alex
  • 265 comments
I had fun with a slightly tuned Mazda 110S (L10B). Seeing that the the other 110S had over 180 hp, I figured I would try with 150 or so. That made it fun. She is a tail happy car, but a blast to drive.

Agreed... the 110S / Cosmo Sport (same car, different region) is super fun to drive. It will make you an instant drift champion. Tonight I'll see how much difference there is between the L10A and L10B in terms of driving. The L10A has a slightly shorter wheelbase and weighs even less than the L10B :dopey:

Only done the first Cape Ring round so far. Used the Alfa GTA, tuned to 'Appendix-K' spec and running Comfort Softs. Makes for a decent challenge.

Someone here has the right idea. I used a 64 GTO, lowered the HP, and was forced work my butt off to catch the lead car on the Eiffel track.

It's a shame not many people here get that.:ill:

stupidly easy, i used a 63 corvette restricted to 400pp, comfort hards and basically just drifted my way round, just having a laugh, overcooking it and spinning and everything, there was no competition whatsoever and i was technically one of if not the lowest pp car on the track. Are seasonals just one time prizes? or if i do them again with an even more detuned car will i get the prize again?

"tuned to 'Appendix-K' spec"

What does this mean?

Appendix-K is an FIA racing classification that most Alfa GTA's that race these days are built to. It's based on the regulations that cars like this ran to back in the day.

I have all the engine/exhaust mods except turbos/superchargers, ECU and exhaust manifold. 1st stage chassis lightening, mid-level suspension upgrade, semi-racing clutch & flywheel, LSD and chassis stiffening (whatever they call it in the chassis tuning section). These are approximately what the Appendix-K regs would allow you to modify from a standard GTA.

stupidly easy, i used a 63 corvette restricted to 400pp

I hope you do realize that the PP system/power reduction is flawed in the sense that it simply cuts off the torque curve instead of scaling it down. This means that your 400pp "downtuned" car has a *colossal* torque band across the rev range which makes it a rocket with a slightly lowered peak HP rating.

For a better experience, start with an underpowered car and add bits and bobs to your liking. 👍

The G4 stock sadly (as I found out) isn't good enough for me to win this. I had to add a few modifications to get it to about 380 PP. The transmission is the major problem of this car as it struggles in mid gears to accelerate and the AI catches the G4 on the long straights.

Right thought it would be more clever than just capping peak power, surely realistically you shouldn't be able to implement a system like that ( Ie a modern ecu style Power shaping, like that of say a brabus with a huge flat torque curve from start to finish, surely restriction on such cars as these should have equal and proportionate effect on the entire range?

Appendix-K is an FIA racing classification that most Alfa GTA's that race these days are built to. It's based on the regulations that cars like this ran to back in the day.

I have all the engine/exhaust mods except turbos/superchargers, ECU and exhaust manifold. 1st stage chassis lightening, mid-level suspension upgrade, semi-racing clutch & flywheel, LSD and chassis stiffening (whatever they call it in the chassis tuning section). These are approximately what the Appendix-K regs would allow you to modify from a standard GTA.

Good one! I'm doing something like that too! :) In one of my 3 GTAs

Blitzed all of the races in my 206bhp Samba Bus on Steroids!!! (Not complaining about the difficulty though, just stating my weapon of choice!)

Blitzed all of the races in my 206bhp Samba Bus on Steroids!!! (Not complaining about the difficulty though, just stating my weapon of choice!)

I need to try that, it sounds like fun! I can't imagine the Bus on the Eifel Kart course! I'm guessing you have to trade some paint there, huh?

How much modding does the Bus require for a good race?

I managed to win the Laguna Seca race in a suped-up S500. Fun race!

What upgrades did you do? I want to try this with the S500 as well. Just bought one in my UCD last night. Changed the oil and did the engine reconditioning. Up to 48HP now, but still only 275PP. Not sure what to do next. I would prefer to only install mods that can be removed, but I doubt that will get me enough performance to actually win any of these races.

I need to try that, it sounds like fun! I can't imagine the Bus on the Eifel Kart course! I'm guessing you have to trade some paint there, huh?

How much modding does the Bus require for a good race?

Mine was way too fast and on Sports Softs but still fun! Id say about 130-150 bhp and sports hards/comfort softs would make a good race though you may have to experiment a little. And drafting on Tokyo is essential as the engine is basically pushing a block of flats along. Even with 206bhp the performance really tails off above about 110mph.

I'm not sure what this has to do with this thread...but it is funny. Them boys across the pond drive trucks too? Who knew?

::high fives redneck neighbor to the south::

EDIT: This response is referring to the post concerning the European rednecks.

I'm not sure what this has to do with this thread...but it is funny. Them boys across the pond drive trucks too? Who knew?

The trucks used for racing in Europe are totally different to the 'trucks' used in NASCAR Truckseries. They are actual proper trucks; what you call a rig.

Seeing them hurled around the tracks is a great sight to see....and hear!!

LOL, high five backatcha.

I couldn't help responding when I saw that in the FIA regulations link someone posted up there. :dopey:

What upgrades did you do? I want to try this with the S500 as well. Just bought one in my UCD last night. Changed the oil and did the engine reconditioning. Up to 48HP now, but still only 275PP. Not sure what to do next. I would prefer to only install mods that can be removed, but I doubt that will get me enough performance to actually win any of these races.

Almost all of them (including the permanent ones) - the transmission was a little wonky - I seemed to be stuck in second until i got the customizable one.

In the end I was up to ~380pp/~87ish HP and took first place on the last corner of the 2nd lap (won by less than a second though). I had to use racing soft tires because the car was still slower on the straights (had to block other cars out a little) and I needed to make up that time in the corners.

I'm pretty average driving-skills-wise, so I sure someone with talent could get a win with less upgrades than I used. The credits were well spent as the racing was fun!

I am planning on doing the same to all the other random UCD cars that qualify for this event that have popped up since thursday (6 so for).

Loved the Fiat 500 on the cart track and you simply must try the Schwimmwagen @ Laguna, taking that thing through the corkscrew was a hell of a laugh! :)

It's a good feeling when u wins these events using a mid tuning old school car. Just to be lost in concentration for every turn and drafting for lead is exciting. IMO

I've found the G4 '64 (Ginetta) the best car to race in this event. Set the PP to 453 (depending on your skill), and it will be really fun and challenging!

I'm trying lots of cars tonight... So far the 2000GT is the most fun to race and to tweak. Great sound too!

OK. It can't be done with a fully tuned Carol 360 Deluxe '62!

If only I could get a turbo on it... :grumpy:

EDIT: Forget that.... Just WON at Eifel with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 57hp - BRING IT ON!!!!

Last edited:
I do have a question though.The event calls for cars '69 and earlier.How come I cannot use the '69 C3 'Vette ?.

It was probably the Art Morrison Corvette you used, which is classed as a 2000 something car.

:rolleyes: Oh ok

I went back and did something.I was able to use the '69 'Vette (L46) 350.It still did not let me use the '69 'Vette C3 convertible from the NCD.Strange.

Almost all of them (including the permanent ones) - the transmission was a little wonky - I seemed to be stuck in second until i got the customizable one.

I think the standard transmission on that car really is just a two speed.

Latest Posts

Back