World Event: Fuji 700PP 10 laps | Any car | xx:00 /:30

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 701 comments
Everyone can ride everything he/she likes.Bug or not bug its in the game so they can use it.to be honest i don't like the GTR and i have to say that i prefer racing with gtr's:dopey:
reason?
usually they can't escape(i don't consider alliens :))
for example tonight i had a blast with Thanos-GTLMsquad.
he is really fast-alien with the GTR clocking lows 37's.👍
But for 10laps we where together:tup:
best time i've manage with the cali 37:2 from his slip.
bug or not bug you still have close races even if you don't use the gtr:tup:

Everyone can ride everything he/she likes.Bug or not bug its in the game so they can use it.to be honest i don't like the GTR and i have to say that i prefer racing with gtr's:dopey:
reason?
usually they can't escape(i don't consider alliens :))
for example tonight i had a blast with Thanos-GTLMsquad.
he is really fast-alien with the GTR clocking lows 37's.👍
But for 10laps we where together:tup:
best time i've manage with the cali 37:2 from his slip.
bug or not bug you still have close races even if you don't use the gtr:tup:

I think you understand that if you raced with him and he dont use bug he couldn see you when you were finished. You dont drive GT-R down to 1.37 without use of bug. I think Cali and Clio is the fastes car at Fuji 700. GT-R is not as fast.

Per

I think you understand that if you raced with him and he dont use bug he couldn see you when you were finished. You dont drive GT-R down to 1.37 without use of bug. I think Cali is the fastes car at Fuji 700. GT-R is not as fast.

Per

I think you and a few others seem to be making the mistake that we arent that fast with some other car. You seem to be doubting our (and my) skills. Well, with no bug, maybe we would be in the Cali slipstream that way :lol:!

EDIT: Exactly Parker;)

Last edited:
I think you and a few others seem to be making the mistake that we arent that fast with some other car. You seem to be doubting our (and my) skills. Well, with no bug, maybe we would be in the Cali slipstream that way :lol:!

EDIT: Exactly Parker;)

I know your a fast guy, but why do you need to use bug? Take a show off without...!?

Per

I know your a fast guy, but why do you need to use bug? Take a show off without...!?

Per
Because i love the car, and it wont have the same "corner exit"! Is that me, or are some of you saying that half of the GT5p comunity are cheaters? Think again.

Last edited:
Because i love the car, and it wont have the same "corner exit"! Is that me, or are some of you saying that half of the GT5p comunity and cheaters? Think again.

I dont think that slipstream are bug if you mean that. Thats in real too and uses in races with cars and cycles...

I dont think that slipstream are bug if you mean that. Thats in real too and uses in races with cars and cycles...

Well i experinced slipstream many times in real life, and i can assure you that its NOT like in the game. You dont get slipstream 500m away or catch up that fast. Youre a noob arent you?

Because i love the car, and it wont have the same "corner exit"! Is that me, or are some of you saying that half of the GT5p comunity are cheaters? Think again.

I wouldn't use that word specifically, but I see it as people using the bug to gain an advantage which IMO is unfair. 👎

I wouldn't use that word specifically, but I see it as people using the bug to gain an advantage which IMO is unfair. 👎

I use the GTR and do not use the Bug and I am racing with 1:40s, can't quite get into the 39s as of yet but still trying:)

What is the bug you people speak of? I never knew there was a bug, the GT-R is probably my fav car in GT5:P...

My PB in this event is with the GT-R in the low 1:39s, only slightly slower with a California

Last edited:
Cheers for the vid Roomboter. The 599 is great fun to drive once you set up the front end to bite early. Its got the best top speed I think so its harder to come back past. Doing 1m38.5 with it now.

Cheers for the vid Roomboter. The 599 is great fun to drive once you set up the front end to bite early. Its got the best top speed I think so its harder to come back past. Doing 1m38.5 with it now.

Wow, that's crazy fast in that car 👍

Care to share the tune? My best with the 599 is a 1'40.4xx, I'd be happy if I could get into the 1'39's.

Edit: I just tried this tune and managed a 1'39.5 in clean air in my first race with it. I'm happy with that time, I'm sure that extra second is driver skill, not setup.

Last edited:
Well i experinced slipstream many times in real life, and i can assure you that its NOT like in the game. You dont get slipstream 500m away or catch up that fast. Youre a noob arent you?

You are saying that everything that isnt like real life is a bug.? Then almost the hole game is a bug. Talking about noob, everytime i see you on track you use pavement outside the track to your advantage,. :rolleyes:

Noob? you're telling me that slipstream works 10-12 seconds after another car in the game? I agree that it does not work perfectly, but it does not so far away either. If you are driving 160 km / h then run 44.4 meters per second. In real you can get a little noticeable effect increased 30 meters behind and the best three meters behind. Agree that this does not work optimally in the game

Last edited:

Your welcome

That is very fast in the 599 IMO. My best lap in the Cali is 39.2. I don't know the diffrence in lap times between this to cars but i guess the Cali is about a second faster than the 599. So i'm glad your where not driving the Cali. Otherwise it would looked like i was crawling over the the track :lol:

Thnx to you too and the rest of you guys. It was good racing last night with some great moments.

Like this one. i-Plume is one fast dude. Closed a 1.6 second gap in one lap in his 599 against my Cali (i know i'm not one of the fastest ones around, but i thought i did decend lap times but Plume had other thoughts :lol: ). After that i was right on his tale for the rest of the race. Was awesome racing man.

Here are the last 3 laps of that race

Nice video, 2 very good racers here :)

I think you understand that if you raced with him and he dont use bug he couldn see you when you were finished. You dont drive GT-R down to 1.37 without use of bug. I think Cali and Clio is the fastes car at Fuji 700. GT-R is not as fast.

Per

When I was racing this event I had got down to 1'37.6 with 40/60 then managed to change the setup quite a bit overall which did include changing to 45/55 but there were other changes too based on a tighter line entry and exit for racing and got down to 1'37.4 in free run mode.
The GT-R has fantastic acceleration and for those who've driven one I'd say they wouldn't call it a bug using 45/55. R tyres and the perfect 4x4 drive distribution could be the reason for better acceleration but it aint bad at 40/60 either. Try some start/finish straight straight line tests.

Thanks for some great racing tonight. Alexi, Lacko, Ripping, Cpt-Disaster, Liz, Cal and to everyone else I cant remember sorry :embarrassed:
Yes, I did a couple of fun races, but whenever there is a japanese on the grid I have a terrible lag.
Heres the setup and replay for the 599. Think there's still a few more tenths for me in that car.

Watch your speedometer in mph gives me a sense of slowness
2q0q58w.gif
(but you are a second faster than me with a slower car)
By the way, on 100R California is faster than GT-R and F599, right?
205xrva.gif

Last edited:
I'm using the F430 getting consistant lap times of 1:40's. This car is good when in the toe of another car because then it can keep up with the lead pack. I have to be a bit more aggressive when it comes to race position so there will be a few bumps along the way as not to drop too many places. If this car had more grunt I think it woulld win a lot of races quite often.

My fasted free air lap was 1:39.899 which leads me to believe that this car has a little more to give...and hopefully my skills do to.

Liz if you compare El Zissou's cali on page 11 you can see he doesn't usually drop below 100 mph. I drop to 97 briefly on my lap which is normal for me in 599. I think the GTR is slightly better than 599 but not as good as cali.

I'm using the F430 getting consistant lap times of 1:40's. This car is good when in the toe of another car because then it can keep up with the lead pack. I have to be a bit more aggressive when it comes to race position so there will be a few bumps along the way as not to drop too many places. If this car had more grunt I think it woulld win a lot of races quite often.

My fasted free air lap was 1:39.899 which leads me to believe that this car has a little more to give...and hopefully my skills do to.

F430 is a GREAT car for fuji 👍 One of my favorit cars overall in gt5p. I think its atleast capable of 1.38.5 since my best is 1.38.9, and with the stupid slipstream this car is capable of consistent low 1.38 in slipstream behind a decent racer:) Its a shame not more drivers using it...

Liz if you compare El Zissou's cali on page 11 you can see he doesn't usually drop below 100 mph. I drop to 97 briefly on my lap which is normal for me in 599. I think the GTR is slightly better than 599 but not as good as cali.
I see, I try don't drop below 170km/h (105mph) (California), but one thing, theoretically an AWD car is faster than RWD car on corners, right? or I'm wrong.

Props to you sir. 👍

Had some races today, lots of Japanese, they seem to be really good drivers, no ramming!!

I got into the 39s at long last, I was loosing time in the chicane but have improvesd my exit speed and in the same race I manage 2 1:39s with a PB of 1:39.299 without slipstream.

My best race time so far is 8:28 but can be improved as I keep getting bad starts from all of the chaos at the start of a 12 Grid race.

What generally is the best possible time with a GTR without the Bug? I am using R2's and have my own tune.

I am using the control pad, would like to use some other cars but am just not competative with RWD cars and the pad often getting 1:41s/1:42s with allot of caution!!

MY B'day today, so may get the G'friend to buy me a steering wheel:sly:

Back