World Event: Fuji 700PP 10 laps | Any car | xx:00 /:30

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 701 comments
If you take the same car and could switch it between RWD and AWD then I don't think there is much effect on cornering speed when you keep a constant pace through a corner. The grip is purely dependent on things like down-force, tire contact area and suspension keeping the wheel on the track. The handling changes a bit when you are speeding up or slowing down around a corner though. The RWD sacrifices some of its rear wheel cornering grip (in the direction of the rear axle) for acceleration or deceleration grip (in the direction the car is pointing) so the rear of a RWD will slide more than a AWD car which spreads that effect to the front wheels as well. This could actually be better for the RWD cornering but you would really change the setup for AWD to try and get the rear to slide more.

I'm no racing physics expert but I think you should consider the advantage of the AWD to be in the traction zones on the exit of slow corners rather than giving any advantage in the middle or exit of a long fast corner like 100R.

If you take the same car and could switch it between RWD and AWD then I don't think there is much effect on cornering speed when you keep a constant pace through a corner. The grip is purely dependent on things like down-force, tire contact area and suspension keeping the wheel on the track. The handling changes a bit when you are speeding up or slowing down around a corner though. The RWD sacrifices some of its rear wheel cornering grip (in the direction of the rear axle) for acceleration or deceleration grip (in the direction the car is pointing) so the rear of a RWD will slide more than a AWD car which spreads that effect to the front wheels as well. This could actually be better for the RWD cornering but you would really change the setup for AWD to try and get the rear to slide more.

I'm no racing physics expert but I think you should consider the advantage of the AWD to be in the traction zones on the exit of slow corners rather than giving any advantage in the middle or exit of a long fast corner like 100R.

4wd tend to understeer, so to combat that I tend to always lower the front vs the rear to put what weight over the front wheels and less on the back, tends to help when cornering while also allowing for the tail to come out a little.

On Prologue vs GT4, RWD cars are much harder to use. I definately need to invest in a good steering wheel.

Thanks everyone for the races today:tup:
solar-jpro1-spawnblack-crispy-zocker16-iplume-twistybits and everyone else i forgot:tup:👍
Especially my last race with zocker16_GTRP and spawnblack was the best:cheers:
our times wasn't the best(just 8:17overal)but really close and clean race:tup:

:cool:This F430 is so much fun to drive. :cool:

Thanks to Oct262 in the Blue Cali and the German racer I think in his Red Cali....I was behind for five laps and we changed lead positions at least 3 times I think. I came 3rd but it was close all the way to the finish line:tup:👍

Everyone should give this car a try and forget about the Bug:D

Yeah we had a nice 3 way battle. 👍
I started to drive the Cali today so i needed some time to get a good feeling for the car. Also my setup isn´t perfekt yet so i´m sorry for serveral hits on you OCT262 :cheers:

@Spawn: Great job with the F430 👍

Sorry if I bumped anyone tonight, I always seemed to end up being surrounded by punters tonight, which was one of the reasons I gave online racing up for a couple of weeks, and my driving wasn't great either :grumpy:

Think I'll give it up for a while longer after tonights puntfest 👎

Sorry if I bumped anyone tonight, I always seemed to end up being surrounded by punters tonight, which was one of the reasons I gave online racing up for a couple of weeks, and my driving wasn't great either :grumpy:

I saw you out there for a few races, it's definitely been a bit messy today 👎
I got punted so hard and so many times that I ended up quitting the last race, that's not something I normally do.
I've noticed that the weekends are worse than weekdays, maybe give it another shot during the week. We can't let the punters ruin our fun :grumpy:

Dont give up mate, I was going to stop racing for a while because of one person that kept coming after me but I thought to myself:idea:Hell nahh!!!

Sometimes racing online here is like British Touring Cars with Jason Plato behind you:nervous:sooner or later youre gonna get a knock that will send you flying into the wall or something:ouch: When it gets bad I look at the track filled with punters like an Obstacle Course....it will only make you better:tup:👍

It´s allways the same:
If you brake to early you get knocked off from behind.
If you brake to late you miss the apex and somebody chrashes you at the inside :ouch:

It´s allways the same:
If you brake to late you miss the apex and somebody chrashes you at the inside :ouch:

Watch the mirror, brake super early when they're right on you, let them hit you and you be their brakes or watch them zoom around you and go flying into the sand ;)

Watch the mirror, brake super early when they're right on you, let them hit you and you be their brakes or watch them zoom around you and go flying into the sand ;)

In other words brake checking :rolleyes: 👎

You just bringing yourself down to there level. But hey if that's your style, more power to you ;)

It´s allways the same:

With the random idiot out there its always going to be like that. I brake quite early to get good exit speed, and with experienced drivers thats not a problem:)

They're just up front because they have the skills to control the car with the bug. Either way, it's using a bug to gain an advantage on everyone else.

Does it really have to be a bug? People are now complaining that a 4WD car has more traction when accelerating out from corner than a RWD car. That is obvious! What if GT-R is as magnificent car in real life as it is on GT5 Prologue?

Following sentences are from Best Motoring TV-serie "Nissan GT-R vs the world 2", where GT-R competes against two Lamborghinis, a 911 turbo and a Lotus Exige in Twin Ring Motegi. GT-R won. Driver was asked where the GT-R shined, and he replied: "Cornering speed is one thing, but the way this car delivers traction and power is probably the most impressive part. The GT-R almost looks like it lunges forward after passing."
Nissan GT-R vs the world 2

Drag racing:
720hp RS6 vs 510hp GT-R
630hp M6 vs 510hp GT-R
510hp GT-R vs 750hp Viper (action starts @ 1.15)

Can you see a pattern? RS6 is 4WD as well is the GT-R.

Tuned GT-R 800hp vs ZR1 750hp Wheel spin @ 1.47 and 2.22 is caused by a "torque split bug"?
Tuned GT-R 800hp vs Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa Impressive traction!

Brilliant job from Nissan engineers, designing that dual clutch transmission and the ATTESA E-TS system to provide power to all four wheels.

In amongst the lag & punters there were a few gems last night, best of all was a lag free 3 way battle up the sharp end between me, GTP_jh001 & cpt_disaster, exellent racing gents, thanks!

👍

Also, it was a nice supprise to see a few 599's out on track last night, had some great back & forth overtaking action with GTP_Egghead, Cali faster round corners & 599 faster in a straight line, good stuff.

:)

Let's hope for more of the same before the update this week, talking of which, I'm wanting a Daytona Road 700PP World Wide All Comers event, hell yeah!

:drool:

Last edited:
very nice and fast driving from you yesterday Piket. 👍 👍

but i will not race anymore this event. it´s nearly impossible to have a nice race aginst a really fast GT-R. for exemple, no way to follow the GT-R at the straights, with slipstream, and i think my Cali is not the slowest. :ill:

i hope that we will see this week nice new events. 👍

but i will not race anymore this event. it´s nearly impossible to have a nice race aginst a really fast GT-R. for exemple, no way to follow the GT-R at the straights, with slipstream, and i think my Cali is not the slowest. :ill:

Thank you. You were the fastest cali i met yesterday. Fun race. 👍

Does it really have to be a bug? People are now complaining that a 4WD car has more traction when accelerating out from corner than a RWD car. That is obvious! What if GT-R is as magnificent car in real life as it is on GT5 Prologue?

Following sentences are from Best Motoring TV-serie "Nissan GT-R vs the world 2", where GT-R competes against two Lamborghinis, a 911 turbo and a Lotus Exige in Twin Ring Motegi. GT-R won. Driver was asked where the GT-R shined, and he replied: "Cornering speed is one thing, but the way this car delivers traction and power is probably the most impressive part. The GT-R almost looks like it lunges forward after passing."
Nissan GT-R vs the world 2

Drag racing:
720hp RS6 vs 510hp GT-R
630hp M6 vs 510hp GT-R
510hp GT-R vs 750hp Viper (action starts @ 1.15)

Can you see a pattern? RS6 is 4WD as well is the GT-R.

Tuned GT-R 800hp vs ZR1 750hp Wheel spin @ 1.47 and 2.22 is caused by a "torque split bug"?
Tuned GT-R 800hp vs Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa Impressive traction!

Brilliant job from Nissan engineers, designing that dual clutch transmission and the ATTESA E-TS system to provide power to all four wheels.

Well said mate:tup:! Im a BIIIG Best Motoring fan and many motorsport magazines! You forgot about this new one, maybe you didnt see a Veyron behind a GTR :lol:! There you go

Watch all the video, because they had a surprise for the Bugatti:sly:
I love that white GTR:drool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wx9XgCUOA0

EDIT: Imagine a Veyron in your slipstream :lol:

Last edited:

Piket and R35sp_shima are the 2 GTR'S that i couldn't follow them even with the slipstream.And i thing also that my cali is not the slowest(but of course not the fastest:))1,38,168 my best.
But with this 2 guys no chance at all.
I've seen R35 clocking 8:08overall and Piket yesterday 8:09 overall.
Superb driving:tup:

Last edited:
Piket and R35sp_shima are the 2 GTR'S that i couldn't follow them even with the slipstream.And i thing also that my cali is not the slowest(bad of course not the fastest:))1,38,168 my best.

Thanks OCT. See you on track.

Piket and R35sp_shima are the 2 GTR'S that i couldn't follow them even with the slipstream.And i thing also that my cali is not the slowest(but of course not the fastest:))1,38,168 my best.

I don't think my GTR is slow by any mean, but trying to keep up with these two guys becomes a helluva task. They are Alien fast man.

I don't think my GTR is slow by any mean, but trying to keep up with these two guys becomes a helluva task. They are Alien fast man.

Yes they are! But thats not it, theres something about the setting... ill try to figure it out today and ill let you know mate:tup:;)!

Do you want my settings?

Yes please!

Funny+pic+of+a+dog+begging+or+praying.jpg

And replay if you feel like it :embarrassed:

Back