Worlds ugliest racecars?

• Thread starter Mt. Lynx
  • 379 comments
nissan_gtr_056_580op.jpg

The livery is awesome, I just HATE the rest of the car.

Excuse me, but you´re nuts! That car is absolutely gorgeous! OK, I´m biased, being a GT1 nut... I can´t actually think of a single ugly GT1/GTS car! OK, the Renault spider from ´97 (IIRC) weren´t all that...

Excuse me, but you´re nuts! That car is absolutely gorgeous! OK, I´m biased, being a GT1 nut... I can´t actually think of a single ugly GT1/GTS car! OK, the Renault spider from ´97 (IIRC) weren´t all that...
I'm not saying that. I hate the look of the Nissan GT-R. Any racecar/tuned car of it is gross.

Um... I thought at old McLaren F1 was awful. (The reason it reminds me of a Cam-Am was because McLaren raced in Can-Am with a car that used the same color)

Chris_Rado_Scion_tC.jpg

They're better-looking than this year's cars. I always thought the 2008 racers looked like a Christmas turkey with four drumsticks instead of two, and not because they were packed in, but because the turkey was genetically modified to have four. All the aero aids, while no doubt useful, just made them look over-laden.

The 2007-2008 F1 cars were so bizarre that I could never make my eye resolve them as actual cars. They always looked like some weird alien creature with psychic camoflage ability, caught halfway between morphing from a car to... something else. My eyes just desperately wanted to be looking away before I could make my mind say, "OK, that's a car."

Um... I thought at old McLaren F1 was awful. (The reason it reminds me of a Cam-Am was because McLaren raced in Can-Am with a car that used the same color)

Chris_Rado_Scion_tC.jpg

That would look awsome if it wasen't for that tumor wing on the front.

Function over form, once again. That wing was put on there by one of the engineers who worked at Dallara on the Audi R8 project. Seeing the R8's track record, I do believe these guys know what they are doing. And in fact, just last weekend, the tC in that picture, still fwd, finished 5th overall at the big Time Attack event. Top 8 results:

FX Motorsports/Cricket NSX, 1:18.555
Sierra Sierra EVO 8, 1:20.454
C-West S2000, 1:20.838
Crawford STI, 1:22.097
World Racing Scion Tc, 1:22.623
GST Impreza, 1:23.141
Evasive Motorsports EVO 8, 1:23.300
Fontana Nissan 350Z, 1:23.846

Faster than a bunch of 500whp+ 4wd track machines? Looks stupid, but works really well.

I think that Aston looks marvelous...

Agree, however this on the otherhand is ugly.

audi-r15-studio-10-1280_opt.jpg

Okay, don't get me wrong I understand the whole function over form thing, but I can't understand how the R10 looked pretty good to me and then this thing looks so ugly. I think you removed the huge nostril on it it perhaps wouldn't looks so bad. Maybe.

I think the R15 looks very cool! I like cars who look advanced, so I liked the F1 cars from ´07 -´08 aswell. The ´09 F1 cars look too plain between the ridiculously wide front wing and the eqally ridiculous narrow rear wing.

Comparing the R10 and R15, I actually prefer the R15 when it comes to looks.

As for the Audi R10-R15 thing, I think both look really much better live on the track than in images. In fact, while the R15 looks awful on images, I love how it looks once it's on the track 👍

The most awesome Audi still is the R8 with the updated endplates on the rear wing though, gotta love that thing:

medPR_LeMans_2005.jpg

Max, why the hell did you get rid of this:

19430896_dad7646510.jpg

For this...thing:

610x.jpg

Shame on you for creating that monstrousity. And to think it was at one time the best looking DP ever. Of course that title now goes to the Lola.

Likewise, look at how badly they butchered the Fabcar. The first redesign was just fine:

2833934156_2c8a49772e.jpg

This new one, not so much:

2833878628_d2b4e6a20f.jpg

Last edited:
That aint ugly thats just a motorbike with a side car and four wheels! I find it quite funny that there are many pics of various Daytona Prototypes in this thread, why am I not suprised??

That aint ugly thats just a motorbike with a side car and four wheels! I find it quite funny that there are many pics of various Daytona Prototypes in this thread, why am I not suprised??

No, it was a single seater used in a Indianapolis 500.

Last edited:
It looks like some guy built it in his garage. Not that ugly, just very slow and aerodynamically challenged.

Back