Worst & best cars of gt5

obsessive rules

(Banned)
United Kingdom
CARLISLEcumbria
warmachine277-
Tell me your best and worst cars of gt5. Im gonna start.

Worst car. Option z-stream
Best car. Formula gran turismo

Worst - FGT both F1 Ferraris.

Best - Aston Martin v12 Vantage

There's others that I like and don't, the ones above are just some.

andy54321
Worst - FGT both F1 Ferraris.

Best - Aston Martin v12 Vantage

There's others that I like and don't, the ones above are just some.

WTF! The fgt, I suppose it's a 4 year olds race winner but you need to work for it.

I literally posted less than 2 hours ago a review saying the Option Stream Z wasn't even that bad. Makes it sound like you're trying to get me to plug my reviews. :lol:

FGT is far from the best. Yes, it is a freak in a straight line but it's hard to keep it straight and its championship is just a nightmare. And by 'working for it', if you mean in terms of money, I actually have enough right now for three of them, so it's evidently not that hard to 'work for them'.

Anywho.

Worst: Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. Just ridiculously wrong among the whole car world. A diss to the S2000 name, completely removed from its original material, and always shows up as an AI to gatecrash events too. Just sickening.

Best: Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car. Great car from GT1 still living on, and the handling is unmatched by anything. Quite spectacular in this game, so many redeeming features, absolutely no faults. And despite that, it manages to have a soul, because of the history behind it. Jolly good. 👍

C-ZETA
I literally posted less than 2 hours ago a review saying the Option Stream Z wasn't even that bad. Makes it sound like you're trying to get me to plug my reviews. :lol:

FGT is far from the best. Yes, it is a freak in a straight line but it's hard to keep it straight and its championship is just a nightmare. And by 'working for it', if you mean in terms of money, I actually have enough right now for three of them, so it's evidently not that hard to 'work for them'.

Anywho.

Worst: Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. Just ridiculously wrong among the whole car world. A diss to the S2000 name, completely removed from its original material, and always shows up as an AI to gatecrash events too. Just sickening.

Best: Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car. Great car from GT1 still living on, and the handling is unmatched by anything. Quite spectacular in this game, so many redeeming features, absolutely no faults. And despite that, it manages to have a soul, because of the history behind it. Jolly good. 👍

I know. I read the review and tried it from GTpsp transfer. It isn't as good as I hoped.

The championship is the funniest event I competed in. It's very equal so needs skill. And I grinder for ages to get the 5million cr. needed to get it.

I don't know about the fto STC. I haven't driven it. Same with s2000 gt1, from what I heard its bad. Might try them soon...

The championship is the funniest event I competed in. It's very equal so needs skill. And I grinder for ages to get the 5million cr. needed to get it.

Same with s2000 gt1, from what I heard its bad. Might try them soon...

Well, closest perhaps. The championship is one of the events where the AI can actually run you relatively close.

Probably the only reason you hear it's bad is because my opinion has stood out over everyone else's in this forum. :lol: Everyone else says it's good, but that's probably because they only care how fast the damn thing goes.

I don't know about the fto STC. I haven't driven it. Same with s2000 gt1, from what I heard its bad. Might try them soon...

Neither is as good/bad as he makes them out to be. The FTO is good, but not the miracle machine he claims it is. The GT1 Turbo isn't hell on wheels either, it just requires a different style to keep it pointing in the right direction while moving quickly.

Onboy123
Neither is as good/bad as he makes them out to be. The FTO is good, but not the miracle machine he claims it is. The GT1 Turbo isn't hell on wheels either, it just requires a different style to keep it pointing in the right direction while moving quickly.

Well the fto STC carries heritage. The s200 gt1 isn't a recognisable s2000. But hey. I'll need to drive them....

You're missing the points I'm making. The FTO STC isn't just good to drive (though if I'm honest, in this game that does make up a chunk of the car's greatness), but it's the history it has throughout the series that makes it even more wondrous. Unfortunately, to really understand what I mean, you have to find a copy of GT1 and get an FTO LM for yourself.

And nor is the S2000 GT1 Turbo bad because of a horrible drive. Nor does it even really need a different style. I have driven much worse handling cars than it, and I have praised how well it will get into a slide. But again, the idea that someone would tear an S2000's original bones with such sticks and stones is just horrifying for me.

The FGT championship is actually very easy once you learn how (or set it up) to keep the wheels under the car. The AI doesn't take advantage of all of the grip and drives its usual dumb line, so even taking it cautious you can easily gain 3 or 4 seconds per lap on them on most tracks. Sports Soft tires recommended, even then you'll smoke them. I frequently fell 20-30 seconds behind early and still came back to lead by as far in front as the rubber band lets you get(it seems to only help them).

The only things that make it really hard are the length of the races and the car itself. It took a few tries to get consistent with the car. I still need to win Cote d'Azur and Suzuka but I havent wanted to spend the time.

Thought about the main topic and I got nothing... too many both good and bad. :)

Well the fto STC carries heritage. The s200 gt1 isn't a recognisable s2000. But hey. I'll need to drive them....

Hmm……funny how you and C-ZETA are saying almost exactly the same thing. Heritage? Why does that matter again? And erm…the S2000 GT1 Turbo has a pair S2000 head lights, roughly the same profile, the same back (albeit a bit wider)…I still recognise it as a S2000.

You're missing the points I'm making. The FTO STC isn't just good to drive (though if I'm honest, in this game that does make up a chunk of the car's greatness), but it's the history it has throughout the series that makes it even more wondrous. Unfortunately, to really understand what I mean, you have to find a copy of GT1 and get an FTO LM for yourself.

And nor is the S2000 GT1 Turbo bad because of a horrible drive. Nor does it even really need a different style. I have driven much worse handling cars than it, and I have praised how well it will get into a slide. But again, the idea that someone would tear an S2000's original bones with such sticks and stones is just horrifying for me.

Well, I don't have GT1, so I wouldn't know, would I?

I find it works better with a different style, just saying. You didn't, really. You more or less said that it would either understeer into a wall (which was more down to all the driving aids you used), or snap into an uncontrollable slide, which was due to the steering sensitivity set at 7, as you said.

And forgive me…but if the idea that someone would take a S2000 apart and rebuild it as something that's even more monstrous horrifies you so much, why do you like the FTO STC? It's hardly even a FTO anymore. It's 4WD, it's got nearly twice the output of a normal FTO, it has front and rear downforce, it is every bit as different to its production counterpart as the S2000 GT1 Turbo is from its roots.

Anyway…to take the thread back on track:
Best: Erm…I'd say…either the Ford GT (any of the new ones) or the HKS CT230R.

Worse: Nissan R35. Puts me to sleep, looks like a frog that swallowed a brick, drones like my maths teacher and it's too 'new-guy' friendly. Doesn't require much skill at all to drive it at a reasonably quick pace. But for entertainment, I'd rather look at paint dry.

Worst: FGT- horrible to drive, twitchy snap oversteer and horrible noise. Also the X2010/11 for the sheer ridiculousness of them. 👎

Best: Ford GT MKIV- Wonderful to drive reasonably planted but push too hard and it'll snap the back out on you, very little understeer, fast and a fantastic noise. 👍

Onboy123
Hmm……funny how you and C-ZETA are saying almost exactly the same thing. Heritage? Why does that matter again? And erm…the S2000 GT1 Turbo has a pair S2000 head lights, roughly the same profile, the same back (albeit a bit wider)…I still recognise it as a S2000.

Well, I don't have GT1, so I wouldn't know, would I?

I find it works better with a different style, just saying. You didn't, really. You more or less said that it would either understeer into a wall (which was more down to all the driving aids you used), or snap into an uncontrollable slide, which was due to the steering sensitivity set at 7, as you said.

And forgive me…but if the idea that someone would take a S2000 apart and rebuild it as something that's even more monstrous horrifies you so much, why do you like the FTO STC? It's hardly even a FTO anymore. It's 4WD, it's got nearly twice the output of a normal FTO, it has front and rear downforce, it is every bit as different to its production counterpart as the S2000 GT1 Turbo is from its roots.

Anyway…to take the thread back on track:
Best: Erm…I'd say…either the Ford GT (any of the new ones) or the HKS CT230R.

Worse: Nissan R35. Puts me to sleep, looks like a frog that swallowed a brick, drones like my maths teacher and it's too 'new-guy' friendly. Doesn't require much skill at all to drive it at a reasonably quick pace. But for entertainment, I'd rather look at paint dry.

Heritage is cool. Put this way. Audi Quattro or Audi S3. Which is cooler?

FordMKIVJ5
Worst: FGT- horrible to drive, twitchy snap oversteer and horrible noise. Also the X2010/11 for the sheer ridiculousness of them. 👎

Best: Ford GT MKIV- Wonderful to drive reasonably planted but push too hard and it'll snap the back out on you, very little understeer, fast and a fantastic noise. 👍

Another fgt hater... Great :(

Heritage is cool. Put this way. Audi Quattro or Audi S3. Which is cooler?

I know it is, but it's hardly a deciding factor, is it? Or else there wouldn't be companies like Noble or Pagani, look at them, no heritage at all until very recently, did it make a difference?

Also, I think you're being a bit bias there. The Quattro was, unless I'm mistaken, the fastest Audi had on offer back then? At least, for the class it was in. So you should really be comparing it to something like the new RS3, the fastest of the "3" range or whatever it is.

Oh, just so you don't accuse me of avoiding an answer to that question, Quattro for cool, S3 for…erm…just about everything else.

Heritage? Why does that matter again?

(which was more down to all the driving aids you used), or snap into an uncontrollable slide, which was due to the steering sensitivity set at 7,

I urge you to take a look at Lancia's history and work out why they are all so supported. Things like the Stratos were terrible to drive, but everyone still loves it for any kind of reason - that being the styling. It's why stuff like the Mustang and Vette have been able to carry on throughout. If no one praised them, the cars would have died out after one miserable generation.

I drove it at first back with the stock aids setup the game gave you. And back then I never even used 7 sensitivity...and now I use no aids bar ABS and use 7 sensitivity.

The reason the FTO STC works is because there isn't anything else based off of an FTO in the game. Whereas look at how the S2000 has been implemented into tuning companies...you see a lot of the S2000s, and develop a norm of sorts for their average tuning style. The S2000 GT1 Turbo does not follow that and as a result is too unnatural given its type.

Oh, and may I remind you that the majority of Mitsubishi's cars are also 4WD. And also, technically speaking, it is built for racing, so really...

C-ZETA
I urge you to take a look at Lancia's history and work out why they are all so supported. Things like the Stratos were terrible to drive, but everyone still loves it for any kind of reason - that being the styling. It's why stuff like the Mustang and Vette have been able to carry on throughout. If no one praised them, the cars would have died out after one miserable generation.

I drove it at first back with the stock aids setup the game gave you. And back then I never even used 7 sensitivity...and now I use no aids bar ABS and use 7 sensitivity.

The reason the FTO STC works is because there isn't anything else based off of an FTO in the game. Whereas look at how the S2000 has been implemented into tuning companies...you see a lot of the S2000s, and develop a norm of sorts for their average tuning style. The S2000 GT1 Turbo does not follow that and as a result is too unnatural given its type.

Oh, and may I remind you that the majority of Mitsubishi's cars are also 4WD. And also, technically speaking, it is built for racing, so really...

Lancia :). Sad to see them out of the uk. 'stang and Vette :( meh...

WORST: The Lotus Setup for the topgear challenge by far. (I like elises and evora online but that challenge was the worst car memory ever).
BEST: Still looking for a nr1 car :) many good cars. i use the bmw m3 premium 07 much lately.

About the above discussions:

Lancia Stratos Turbo Group 5 won the 1974, 1975 and 1976 championship titles ... And other stratoses won some other stuff to , so DONT say stratos sucks cause u cant drive it in gt5.
Lancia stratos wiki

FTO? :dunce: ff car . The STC is great , but so are the other STC cars ...

Corvette got so many fans that mitsubishi can only dream off ...
because they drive bad and only look good ? :) yeah right...
I dont know but Corvette got many won races/Championships .
Actually the new ZR1 blows away the SLS on track (seen on tv car program)...
One of the Best cars of these days.

Last edited:

I see the point you're making, though it still doesn't make it plain why heritage would matter to a new GT player.

This little extract from your rant regarding the S2000 in question claims otherwise.

After that, I went and tried it with my preferred settings, TCS 1, ABS 1, everything else off and Steering Sensitivity to 7.

For something to be preferred, you need to be used to it, and for you to be used to it, you need to have used it for quite a bit of time. So how can you say you haven't used it when, from what you said, you plainly have used it and for a long enough time?

So…based on that…you're saying that because the average tuned S2000 in GT5 has around 300-450hp (AEM S2000, I'm looking at you), the fact that Amuse has stepped outside of the norm with the GT1 (N/A version) as well as the Turbo is a bad thing? If so…why do we have supercars? Compared to the average car, they don't follow the norm of road cars, does that make them too unnatural as well?

…And therefore the FTO STC is purpose-built, as is the S2000 GT1 Turbo. Both set out to achieve something, one is to race and win (though it was built for fun as well), one to break lap records.

I see the point you're making, though it still doesn't make it plain why heritage would matter to a new GT player.

This little extract from your rant regarding the S2000 in question claims otherwise.

For something to be preferred, you need to be used to it, and for you to be used to it, you need to have used it for quite a bit of time. So how can you say you haven't used it when, from what you said, you plainly have used it and for a long enough time?

So…based on that…you're saying that because the average tuned S2000 in GT5 has around 300-450hp (AEM S2000, I'm looking at you), the fact that Amuse has stepped outside of the norm with the GT1 (N/A version) as well as the Turbo is a bad thing? If so…why do we have supercars? Compared to the average car, they don't follow the norm of road cars, does that make them too unnatural as well?

…And therefore the FTO STC is purpose-built, as is the S2000 GT1 Turbo. Both set out to achieve something, one is to race and win (though it was built for fun as well), one to break lap records.

Different player types will like different things. No two men use the same style nor opinion.

And also note there that I was using TCS 1. That changes up the shop completely.

The old GT1 is fine to me. It wasn't quite wild enough to be that bad. And supercars are of their own body type, not another. They are built to be as such to begin with, rather than modified up from another.

And there is also nothing I have read about saying the S2k Turbo was meant to break records.

Morgoth_666
The FGT championship is actually very easy once you learn how (or set it up) to keep the wheels under the car. The AI doesn't take advantage of all of the grip and drives its usual dumb line, so even taking it cautious you can easily gain 3 or 4 seconds per lap on them on most tracks. Sports Soft tires recommended, even then you'll smoke them. I frequently fell 20-30 seconds behind early and still came back to lead by as far in front as the rubber band lets you get(it seems to only help them).

The only things that make it really hard are the length of the races and the car itself. It took a few tries to get consistent with the car. I still need to win Cote d'Azur and Suzuka but I havent wanted to spend the time.

Thought about the main topic and I got nothing... too many both good and bad. :)

I just finished that yesterday, I won them all except cote (4th) and nurburgring gp (last lol)
Suzuka was the raining track for me, but with sport sifts I still lapped them all 3 times ahahaha. It took about 35 minutes though -.-

Different player types will like different things. No two men use the same style nor opinion.

And also note there that I was using TCS 1. That changes up the shop completely.

The old GT1 is fine to me. It wasn't quite wild enough to be that bad. And supercars are of their own body type, not another. They are built to be as such to begin with, rather than modified up from another.

And there is also nothing I have read about saying the S2k Turbo was meant to break records.

True.

Which will explain why quite a few members found your views of it quite surprising.

So you basically have a thing against cars that have been gutted, rebuilt and then have power taken to the extreme? Like the Option Z or (to take things into the real world) some of those 2000hp Supras?

Argh...had a bit about a CT230R that I didn't completely get rid of, it seems. Anyway, point was that the S2K GT1 Turbo was built as the ultimate Amuse S2000, in the same way the FTO STC was the ultimate FTO.

Meh..I've lost track of this, what were we originally talking about?

So you basically have a thing against cars that have been gutted, rebuilt and then have power taken to the extreme? Like the Option Z or (to take things into the real world) some of those 2000hp Supras?

It depends on what exactly happens to them. Really to be honest, the Option Z and 2000hp Supras will have some faults, because they aren't largely built to get round a track completely. You only need see what happens to an Option Stream Z at a fast corner to see what happens. Whereas an S2k Turbo is actually an all-rounder, but could Amuse have built an all-rounder that needed horsepower that could theoretically make it a specialised car? I'm sure they could and in fact they have - the R1 (which is outclassed by the Opera S2000 anyway).

It depends on what exactly happens to them. Really to be honest, the Option Z and 2000hp Supras will have some faults, because they aren't largely built to get round a track completely. You only need see what happens to an Option Stream Z at a fast corner to see what happens. Whereas an S2k Turbo is actually an all-rounder, but could Amuse have built an all-rounder that needed horsepower that could theoretically make it a specialised car? I'm sure they could and in fact they have - the R1 (which is outclassed by the Opera S2000 anyway).

Well, the S2k Turbo was said in the description to be, IIRC, an ultimate version/expression of a S2000, which should explain the stupidly high power output and the downforce.

I would have thought that the GT1 N/A would just about qualify as not-specialised, but I guess the 500 (?)hp in it is pushing the boundaries of 'all rounder' a bit.

The S2k turbo is a time attack car like the CT230R, the mines R/whatever etc..

They were build to try to beat some time attack record, I know for sure they did all compete on Tsukuba but I guess similar stuff happen on other tracks in japan.

Back