Worst GT1 moments in your life

• Thread starter Nero9
  • 32 comments
United Kingdom
UK
NOTE i apologise if there is already a topic like this, close this thread otherwise.

Post whatever happened in your life related to GT1.

My GT1 CD broke in March... :(
gt11.jpg

gt12b.jpg

I haven't actually played GT since maybe 2005 or so, but I remember my worst moment quite well...trying to keep ahead points-wise during the Full Tuning Series (forget official name) at Grand Valley Reversed and Clubman Route 5 II, only to realize I really sucked at these particular reversed tracks and would need to start the entire series over if I wanted to survive. :guilty:

When I first started.

I'm a fairly good driver, I can get top 2% on Forza, so that must mean something. I was pretty confident when I started GT1, so I opened up arcade mode and hopped into one of my favorite cars, an RX-7. I'll give a short commentary of what happened.

"Okay, Grand Valley. There's a hairpin, gotta be careful."
"Speedo's a bit weird, honestly."
"Coming up to the hairpin, and braAAAAAAAAAAAOH MY GOD WHAT."

Spun out immediately. This shocked me. So, what I did was do some license tests. Got silvers on B, so I bought a used Supra and entered a race. Here was the other problem I faced:

"Easy race, I'll just qualify, get pole, and make some money!"
"LAST PLACE ON THE POLE? I'm not that bad a driver!"
Later...
"HOW THE FLYING FOXTROT IS MY SUPRA BEING OVERTAKEN BY A DEMIO?!"

The AI is ridiculously hard, yet stupid. Crash into me, spin me out, then beat my RX-7 with a Starlet.

The thing is GT1's physics are really wacky compared to what we've got going on nowadays, which is why it may seem difficult at first. GT1 was cutting edge back in the mid-90s, though.

In truth, once you figure out the physics, it's very EASY to control most cars in this game. A car like an RX-7 will have this incredibly huge window of error, which is why it's so easy to win races WHILE DRIFTING in this game! If you're not a drifter, so much the better, but you'll notice how loose it's possible to get without consequences.

Also, qualifying in this game is REAL-TIME. You get one lap to get it right. I actually like this better than the "just do lap after lap until you attain Pole" philosophy GT3 and GT4 have going on.

Stignumbers says

"I'm a fairly good driver, I can get top 2% on Forza."
1. Forza is not cool.
2. I can't beat Vipers in my 900BHP GTO R.
3. GT1-I still play it. I also play GT2 and GT5P. Also own GT3 and GT4, but my PS2 wouldnt read discs so I gave it to Gamestop.:sly:

NOTE i apologise if there is already a topic like this, close this thread otherwise.

Post whatever happened in your life related to GT1.

My GT1 CD broke in March... :(
gt11.jpg

gt12b.jpg

I feel bad for you. GT1 started it all, and you can't play it.:guilty:
I still play mine though.

My worst moment was actually on GT4.... After racing for 4+ hours doing the Nurburgring 24h Endurance, I went into the pits and changed to B-Spec as I had to go into work. So for the next 12 hours the race continued. When I got home in the morning the race had gone fine I was still in the lead by many laps at this point. I took a shower got changed and called the B-Spec driver into the pits so I could take over..... Well as my Ford GT-LM came down the straight at full speed on the worst tires I have ever seen, the AI driver spins out into the wall as I watch this I think OK he will be in the pits and I can take over. NOT WHAT HAPPENED!!! The AI started doing circles bouncing off the wall and wouldnt reset back onto the track. I had to restart the race. SO PISSED THAT DAY.

My worst moment was actually on GT4...

.......................We're talking about GT1. If you want to share some of your worst moments about GT4, find a related GT4 thread. But, if you can't find one, then... I'm sorry to say, but... you're just gonna need to create a thread about it. A GT4 version of this thread, but in another thread. "Brilliant idea!" "Horray Crow!"

Thank you I did not find another thread like this, but reading this one made me think of that day so I thought I would share. It's all GT isn't it?

BTW I've killed way to many brain cells to remember 10+ years ago!

On my old days, I bought red FCRX-7, but I mistakenly sold it after few races.

On me first day as I's cin remember, me thinks me bought a brown supra. (PLEASE NOTE, I AM USING YE' OL' TIMES ENGLISH TO REFER MY SENTENCE TO THEM OL' DAYS.)

My worst experience ended up being my best.
I had bought a PS1 & GT1 as a Christmas present for my Son.
We played it a bit together over the holidays and he played it quite a bit after as well.
I decided to have a few Races and check out the buying parts and tune up thing as my Son was very impressed with this.
So I did some Racing and then somehow ( cannot remember how ) lost his Gamesave :ouch: nothing on Memory card at all, zilch, nil, zip.
Ooops.

So for the next couple of days I played that thing almost non stop to try and get back to close to where he had been before I blew it.

Well, I managed it before he wanted to play again and he never even noticed,
of course after that I was hooked and the rest is history.

My worst moment was trying to get used to the FR cars when I was young.

This is true. I remember my first time behind the wheel of a Camaro. I was at Autumn Ring, killing time before I had to go catch a plane. And I was getting frustrated because I kept spinning out every time I had to leave a corner.

On the way to the airport, I had an intuition. Wondered if there was a way I could change the settings in the Options menu so that I was using the analog mushroom for gas/brakes instead of the X and [] buttons. I had to wait like 4 days to try to see if this would work...and it did. :D

My first car was FR and it never had any spinning problems. It was also the first time I played an older GT (i only played GT4 and GT5P before that)

When I first had this game, I didn't have a memory card. So I left my PS1 on for a couple of months. When I finally got a memory card I saved the game....Then I had a blonde afro moment and deleted my profile:dunce:. Then another time I was on the last lap of the G.V.S 300km and I spun out on the last lap!:yuck:

My first car was FR and it never had any spinning problems. It was also the first time I played an older GT (i only played GT4 and GT5P before that)

My first GT car was also FR...a black '88 Silvia Q's. I soon also got a Corolla. Could handle both of these with buttons, but when I got to the Camaro it made more sense to use analog.

When I first got the game I couldn't pass license test B-1.

It didn't occur to me you could rev-up before the start.

Not sure how long it would have taken me to figure it out if it weren't for the in-game demos.

I was probably also finding the races tough at that stage, but having the AI run away from you at the start isn't unusual for most racing games.

My biggest blunder was beating like 50 % once and forgetting to save.

:lol: :lol: Ouch....I forgotten to save a couple times after some long races too, it happens :dunce:

My worst GT1 moment had to have been the first time I drove the Copperhead on High Speed Ring.

Jerome

Yeah I've always used analog (on ps3) its so more easier to use.
And Sportwagon, youm must of felt like an idiot was that the first GT you played :D

My worst GT1 moment was when my chief sat down to my PS1 during my break of golding licences. Since he did not knew the control of PS1, in a few seconds exited GT1 without saving.

Worst moment with GT1 is what I am currently experiencing, grinding for money! I've worked out the best way for me personally to make money is to race the Normal Car event with a Cerbera (the best car I have currently for this event), my goal is to tune up all GT1 cars so we are talking about raising about ~250,000 Cr per car. At this rate I can get money for 4-5 cars in around 1 hour of grinding, argh!

There is no way to easily and quickly accumulate money, although both the Normal and the Hard-Tuned will give you about enough money if you win to buy and fully-tune another car.

If you concentrate on having fun racing, the money can pile up.

The thing is, there's nothing terribly expensive to spend it on, either.

Back