Would Porsche sell you over on GT6?

The only Porsches that I care about are the Le Mans ones. 917 (just look at my avatar :)), 956 (with Rothmans livery) and the prototype for the next year. And, yes, these three cars could move my skepticism away, to the point of making me buy the game.

Would be cool get all those 911s, but I don't really miss them on GT.

And, yes, I know that Porsche is a big deal for many people. And, yes, regardless what i think about the cars looking the same, Porsche needs more attention from PD, as long EA play ball, of course.

I'm in the same boat of many. We bought lots of games without them.

If they're in, I'll double dip and buy 2 copies.

I would, if it meant that EA had gone bankrupt and the Porsche license was obtained by a charitable foundation with the goal of distributing it for a reasonable price and to donate the income to cancer research or other similar purposes.

Then I would dance on EA's grave with a copy of GT6 in my hands.

If none of that would happen, I would still buy GT6, but I would be in a less cheerful mood.

I think a better question would be would you pay more for the game if it had them. EA apparently asks for a ton. Would you buy the game for 70 or 80 if they charged more to have them?
I think I would do it. Not a huge fan but they are quite a big part of auto history.

I'm fine with its counterpart RUF.

Porsches are just so overrated now and days. I don't see why one car dealership would sway me into buying GT which didn't have Porsches too start with.

I think a better question would be would you pay more for the game if it had them. EA apparently asks for a ton. Would you buy the game for 70 or 80 if they charged more to have them?
I think I would do it. Not a huge fan but they are quite a big part of auto history.

Let's assume GT6 sells a million copies (which would be an extremely low figure). $10 - 20 extra for each copy just for the Porsche license would mean $10 - 20 million. If EA charges that kind of money they should be stripped of all their possessions (including the rights to the Porsche license) because they're clearly insane and incapable of dealing with any item that has a value.

Not really.

I'll be honest, I'd love for Porsche to be included but it really isn't a deciding factor; much like Ferrari and Lamborghini being in GT5.

I'd be perfectly content with premium RUFs.

The only Porsche I truly want in GT6 would be the 959 Group B Rally Car. I think that it is the only Group B Rally Car that we will never get the Gran Turismo series. The Lancia 037 is still a possibility though!

eran0004
Let's assume GT6 sells a million copies (which would be an extremely low figure). $10 - 20 extra for each copy just for the Porsche license would mean $10 - 20 million. If EA charges that kind of money they should be stripped of all their possessions (including the rights to the Porsche license) because they're clearly insane and incapable of dealing with any item that has a value.
I could easily see them charging that much. I'm sure they paid a fortune to Porsche for exclusivity. They obviously like having their games the main ones that can use them so they might price it high in hopes nobody will take them up on it.

I could easily see them charging that much. I'm sure they paid a fortune to Porsche for exclusivity. They obviously like having their games the main ones that can use them so they might price it high in hopes nobody will take them up on it.

That would roughly amount to the kind of money we spend on semmel buns in Sweden every year.

On the other hand, charging that much for the Porsche license might explain why no one really bothers to obtain it.

Based on this interview, it seems like EA is only really willing to give away a sub-license if you agree to do their job for them. Or am I the only one who reads "collaborate" as "making the models for them"?

Last edited:
You also have to remember that EA had the Ferrari and the Lambo licences as well, but when they appeared in GT5, the very next NFS game they were gone. EA would be vindictive in their pursuit of the exclusivity of the car companies.

No. Although Porsche's inclusion would be fantastic, and add to the excellent car selection for GT6 so far.

Adding new cars, tracks and manufacturers would simply be PD continuing to do what it has done - adding content but overlooking core problems.

Including Porsche won't make the AI better, won't make the level of customisation more than utterly mediocre, won't make the sounds better, and won't make racing offline less utterly dull. And those are the core problems of GT right now.

Last edited:
I'm fine with its counterpart RUF.

Porsches are just so overrated now and days. I don't see why one car dealership would sway me into buying GT which didn't have Porsches too start with.

I think it's the exact opposite, I hear nothing but hate for porsche these days. But one has to admit, it's a special, unique kinda car, even though they all look the same. Lol

Porsche would be a fantastic addition to the GT roster but I will be buying GT6 regardless as it will have huge content and I have been long accustomed to not having Porsche in GT.

Couldn't really care personally, I'd probably not use them in the game and it wouldn't affect my buying decision one way or the other.

It's a glaring admission though, albeit one with a perfectly reasonable explanation, unlike lots of other cars which are missing *cough* E30 M3 *cough*.

PD needs to do more than include Porsche for me to buy GT6. Also not adding a premium RUF shows how much PD is not trying to satisfy their fanbase.

At this stage not really. The December release date is a bit too close to next gen for me.
I'll be moving the PS3 to my sons bedroom and he's not into GT at all. So I'm starting to doubt wether I'll get GT at all.

A bit of a shame but I will be moving on. Maybe GT7 next gen when ever they bother to release it.

I'd love to see Porsche included in the game, but not if it Means giving EA a dime. EA needs to be burned to the ground. Preferably with the CEO still inside.

Porsche is not on my priority list of cars so it wouldn't matter to me if they were included or not. I'm still getting GT6 anyway so if Porsche is included (severely doubt it) it'll just mean more cars for me to drive.

It would be interesting to get Porshce's stance on the issue.

Obviously there's a chance they might not give a hoot about it, but also, at the same time, you'd think they'd want to make sure whoever had the license was acting in the best interests of the brand, and I think PD could maybe make a case that alienating such a large group (crossing many demographics), isn't the best thing for the brand.

Though I do see EA as 'the bad guys', the blame really has to lay with manufacturers for selling exclusive rights in the first place. Car manufacturers PAY to get their cars in Films and on TV... yet when it comes to a demographic that is actually keen on cars in the first place... it's the other way around.

I'd love to see Porsche in GT, but I'm not overly bothered if they're in or not. I'll be buying GT6 regardless and to be honest, there are many other cars in the world I would rather have in GT6 and also quite a lot of cars from GT5 upgraded to premium before I would be really bothered about Porsche.

Back