Would Porsche sell you over on GT6?

In all honestly, I really couldn't care less about Porsche and I've bought and enjoyed all the other Gran Turismo titles without them and I'll do the same with Gran Turismo 6. I can appreciate Porsche's history and pedigree and if they were in the game I'm sure I'd love to drive some of them, but their exclusion is in no way a deal breaker. I bought the Porsche DLC for Forza 4 and didn't get nearly as much playtime out of it as I thought I would so it isn't a big deal at all for me. If we get a premium Yellowbird that'd be more than enough for me.

I'm fine with its counterpart RUF.

Porsches are just so overrated now and days. I don't see why one car dealership would sway me into buying GT which didn't have Porsches too start with.

Porsche's overrated? You need to stop sipping spiked Kool-aid.

No. I don't care of Porsche. Honestly I hate the design, 50 years of the same goddamn design of 911 and they even make a model celebrating it. It seems to me like people buying COD even though it's still the same game, every year for 60€...

I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. The design has stood the test of time, great you don't like and you are entitled to feel that way. However kudos where kudos is due. Porsche is consummate.

They are not my favorite manufacturer but I can tell you that they have my respect as a car enthusiast. The success they have had & the influence in the sport is undeniable and if you are an enthusiast as well then Porsche should have yours also.

To comparing or relating COD to a Porsche is utter tripe!

I'll have to sponsor this post as many that have raced with me know my passion for the 911, namely the Ruf RGT as its the closest thing to a 911 GT3 in Gran Turismo 5.

I'll have to say if Porsche is announced in GT6 it will surely be second to the joy of winning the lottery where as I could buy the real thing and go from the proverbial road to the real thing!

For all those that don't know, the 991 GT3 is mine and no one will quite know her like me if it is in GT6...this video explains my "unnatural" passion for her:

Faster around the Ring than a GT3 RS 4.0 and something for the senses.....see how it compares to others like the McLaren MP4-12c and the GTR with this:

I am not a "Porsche" man like yourself however one cannot question what they have achieved and like it or not the design was ahead of its time as all they have done is ever so slight refinements over the years and it still remains a powerhouse in the world of performance and high end cars.

Would love to see Porsche stand beside Ruf in GT6 it would be a true win for the franchise! But at the end of the day I will own GT6 come Dec 6 irrespective of them being there or not

The RUF cars are excellent in GT5 i buy everone i see and win many races in them so getting the porsche dealer on GT6 WOULD MAKE ME VERY HAPPY!PORSCHE HATERS BEWARE PORSCHE HAS NEVER STOPPED IMPROVING AND ALWAYS WIN IN ALL CLASSES!

Very valid point!

Last edited by a moderator:
From a rough translation (Google translate), it seems that the PlaystationFR rep in that tweet is saying "you have the eye :)". Can anyone who speaks French provide a better translation?

If accurate, then Sony/PD are strongly hinting of Porsche content in GT6. Why expose the car like that and make such a comment when you're not even going to feature the car? Hmm....

https://twitter.com/PlayStationFR
Think its just coincidence. Use Google translate on the conversation.

And, Sodextra Porsche is Loeb Racing. Loeb was there as a part of the PR.

Meh. I was never a huge fan of Porsche. The RUF's are good enough for me. I'd gladly trade some of the many MX-5's for some freshly designed Porsche's though :P At least Porsche deserves to be in a GT game (unlike motorcycles or NASCAR). There are so many other cars I'd love to see before a Porsche, however.

For four Gran Turismos, we did without Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini; yet there were those that complained they weren't in any of them. That is unless you count the fact that the Lancia Stratos has a Ferrari engine or that the Japanese version of GT3 had the Diablo GT-R that raced in (then) the JGTC. Now look at GT5- Ferrari and Lamborghini. I've read complaint after complaint in my nine years on GTPlanet. It's okay not to be happy GT6 may or may not include Porsche. It's a great shame. However, it isn't the only car company in the world. A game like Gran Turismo is not fixated on one specific car company- not even Nissan. You'll live without Porsche. If you've played every other major GT, you're doing just fine.

Maybe what sort of confounds me is why PD doesn't try to expand upon Ruf. To quote what someone on GTP once said, Ruf is almost treated like "useless tat" with not much in the way of Ruf automobiles, customization for them, and the like. You can always see what PD could possibly include for the Ruf lineup by seeing their website- http://www.ruf-automobile.de/ . I'd tune the heck out of their most powerful offering- the Ruf CTR-3. They could make their own Porsche Cup by making all kinds of variants of the Ruf Rt 12 R. You got Ruf- a little more featuring of them wouldn't hurt.

Not any car company would sell me on GT6. I care about racing and tuning more than worrying about whether certain car companies are featured.

This whole post is...

..the truth. It's beyond belief that people complain when GT has such a large selection of all drivetrain layouts. Really it's Porsche's loss to exclude themselves from the highest selling racing franchise in history. I'd like them of course, but more important to me is that the core phyics engine is spot on, otherwise the slight behaviour difference between high end sports cars (well all cars actually) can't really be felt anyway.. it's already the case with alot of cars.. RUF and Porsche obviously behave quite the same way. So ya, it's all about racing and the beauty of cars in Gran Tursimo, at the end oif the day a virtual Porsche is not THAT much of a game changer... (although it'd be nice though to stare at some high polygon Porsches)... maybe someday.

It's like the more people have the less thankful people become...

..the truth. It's beyond belief that people complain when GT has such a large selection of all drivetrain layouts. Really it's Porsche's loss to exclude themselves from the highest selling racing franchise in history. I'd like them of course, but more important to me is that the core phyics engine is spot on, otherwise the slight behaviour difference between high end sports cars (well all cars actually) can't really be felt anyway.. it's already the case with alot of cars.. RUF and Porsche obviously behave quite the same way. So ya, it's all about racing and the beauty of cars in Gran Tursimo, at the end oif the day a virtual Porsche is not THAT much of a game changer... (although it'd be nice though to stare at some high polygon Porsches)... maybe someday.

It's like the more people have the less thankful people become...

I'm thankful for my family. Thankful doesn't enter into the equation when it comes to a consumer product. If Kaz was my uncle and gave me a free copy of GT6 I'd be thankful. But I'm paying full price for it and it's Kaz who should be thankful to me for doing so.

I'm thankful for my family. Thankful doesn't enter into the equation when it comes to a consumer product. If Kaz was my uncle and gave me a free copy of GT6 I'd be thankful. But I'm paying full price for it and it's Kaz who should be thankful to me for doing so.

No, to look back a decade or two and see the brilliance of technology advancement we're able to enjoy now is something to be thankful for... and there's a limit to what a $60 consumer product can encompass. I'm thankful I got my rear or mid engined RUFs or Ferraris to play with in Gran Turismo...and I applaud any advancements PD make with further licensing, content and gameplay improvements in the future. Things are looking great so far to me.

No, to look back a decade or two and see the brilliance of technology advancement we're able to enjoy now is something to be thankful for... and there's a limit to what a $60 consumer product can encompass. I'm thankful I got my rear or mid engined RUFs or Ferraris to play with in Gran Turismo...and I applaud any advancements PD make with further licensing, content and gameplay improvements in the future. Things are looking great so far to me.

Why would I be thankful for something I paid for and bought off a shelf in a retail store? It's a consumer product, I'd no more be thankful for that than I would for the pork bellies or dental floss I also bought today. I get a lot of enjoyment out of the GT series, Kaz makes a lot of money and employs lots of people, we all win.

Latest Posts

Back